• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A Question of Value

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

rtrooney - 19 January 2018 09:34 PM

I just read Becky’s excellent review of the new Carol Reed clone game Silent Footsteps.

This will arouse some ire, I’m sure. But I’m not sure why this is reviewed as an adventure game rather than a casual game without hidden objects. It costs $12US, and at five hours of play time, is ridiculously short compared to casual games that cost far less, and last quite a bit longer.

Whether you like them or not, I have to say there is more value in playing an eight-plus-hour $6.99 Enigmatis 3 - The Shadow of Karkhala.

I’m trying to envisage what a “casual game without hidden objects” would be like. Do you just click through the story one screen at a time with a garish interface and soulless HD graphics?

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

There are Casual Games that don’t include hidden objects but Silent
Footsteps isn’t one of them!  Smile

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

About playing time. It takes people quite a different amount of time to play Silent Footsteps, and the Carol Reed games. But sure, they are not that long. They could be longer, but then it would take longer to make them, and perhaps the story would feel forced in a way, I don’t know. Being a fan of the Carol Reed series, I always want more when I’m done, but in a way that means it was good. I also enjoy replaying them, so they have that added value for me.

I understand those that don’t like the short game play time, but getting a new Carol Reed every year is quite nice.

Pricing is not easy. You want people to afford playing it, but you also want to make money, so you can make the next game even better. So yeah, no decision is easy really.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top