• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Just finished KQ5… 

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2018-03-10

PM

OK the art was gorgeous and it was a nice adventure with fun locales, but wow those puzzles. I heard some of them were pretty dumb, but I had no idea they were this bad. The use of the musical instruments made no sense. The cheese made no sense. I could go on and on.

KQ6 was such a masterpiece and I’m still trying to find something that compares to those puzzles, that artwork, the story, etc.

How are the puzzles in KQ4? Has anyone done a VGA remake of this one?

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

While KQ4 is better in terms of puzzles, it does have its own fair share of unfair ones as well, not to mention a couple of really dumb ones. One puzzle requires you to find an unseen item on a screen you cannot revisit if you miss it. Then there’s the troll cave, in which you need to use a lantern that doesn’t do anything. You can fall in a crevice there which you can find only by trial and error in a location that can randomly kill you anyway if the troll happens to be there.

But other than that, it is an atmospheric game. Here’s my blog post detailing my thoughts on it further: http://playernone.blogspot.com/2017/07/kings-quest-iv-perils-of-rosella.html

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

KQ4 has it’s share of frustrating moments but it is indeed much better than KQ5 that is the worst Kings Quest game.
Don’t know about a released KQ4 remake yet but I think someone was working on it.

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2018-03-10

PM

Is KQ4 text input or cursor?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

hunter1979 - 11 March 2018 06:05 PM

Is KQ4 text input or cursor?

It supports the mouse for movement but actions are text input

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i dont know if you played it yet but KQIV is my fav of the series, its masterpiece of day/light game playing intense and changes, but it has the style of the deaths of the first three, but yes, a little bit fair and could be avoided once you experienced it once, but i still find its the deaths the creepiest of the first 5 instalments, in term of a pinch horror gaming, and without much more words, its a must play.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top