• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

luckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Chuchel

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

New game from Amanita out today.

Reviews:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/chuchel

Trying to find fault in CHUCHEL, though, is a pretty pointless endeavor. The game sets out with a simple goal, achieves it beautifully, and doesn’t waste your time getting its point across. I don’t really know how much better this could get. I suppose $10 might be a bit much for some to swallow, but CHUCHEL is a great experience that is definitely worth a whirl.

CHUCHEL aims to be a mostly comedic turn for Amanita Design and succeeds due to a winning combination of idiosyncratic aesthetic choices and streamlined point-and-click mechanics.

The game is a concentrated burst of lovely design that’s short enough to end before its title character, its scene setup, or its sparse interaction can grow stale.

So it’s short and good, it could even melt John Walker’s heart Smile

Chuchel is a tour de force of animation, every scene so vibrant and hilarious, colourful and manic, the slightest tweaks in character facial expressions eliciting guffaws. Every new scene is a glorious delight just to look at, before you even start playing with it. And then, as you click on every element on the screen, delightful, silly and gorgeous things happen. This is a game where I find myself trying to work out what is the correct solution to any given puzzle, just so I can avoid clicking on it before I’ve clicked on everything else. I exhaust every repeated joke until it loops, don’t mind when they do, and call people in from other rooms to see the funniest moments. Chuchel is, beyond belief, wonderful.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

This is one I am looking forward to playing!

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

This one I’m definitely going to jump on.  Smile

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I’m a little bit put off by the lack of background graphics, and by the fact that it looks like a series of one-screen “levels” rather than something with exploration, but Amanita have more than earned my trust at this point. I’ll be getting the game.

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

This should be a lot of fun.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I downloaded it and played for about 10 minutes so far.  It is delightful and wonderfully silly from the very beginning.  I’m going to hold off playing some more until I play Technobabylon in the community playthrough, but this is another Amanita treasure.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Also downloaded and played a little. I couldn’t stop smiling. Love Amanita and this is another great fun game.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yeah, it’s good, of course it is.  Cool

But those actionery sequences are Thumbs Up I’m currently stuck in one. Hope there won’t be any more once I get through.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 60

Joined 2017-08-22

PM

Played around with it a tiny bit yesterday, looking forward to playing it later after work again. Charming and funny as is to be expected from amanita.

In a way it felt a bit like playing an episode of “La Linea” if anyone remembers that (don’t know if that’s even a thing outside of Sweden).

I make stuff:
twitter @Mammothtree

and scream loudly:
https://signorojo.bandcamp.com/

Total Posts: 260

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

I’ve read something about 3 hours playtime. If you’re done, could you tell me how long you’ve played? I’d like to know before I buy. There are more games coming this month, and I can only buy one for now.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I couldn’t resist finishing the game tonight.  With the arcade sequences, which slowed me down but were doable, I clocked a bit over 3.5 hours for the entire game.  There are a couple of puzzles that were challenging until I figured out cause and effect, but there are also hints along the way, if needed.  The music and sound effects are wonderful, and I especially like the puzzle with the multi-colored trees and the singing worms.  It’s a very good game and one I plan to play again.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Also finished it. If you like Amanita’s other games you will probably like this one. A little pricey for its length but worth the money in my book.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

also finished it, but i am bit disappointment of the core touch gameplaying thats made for, and since i play my adventure PC exclusive i wasn’t very happy.

2nd it is not the original Amanita’s game always used to surprise us with, its just another Deadalic’s Fire adventure only excluding the length and the difficulty of each scene .

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

New look for Chuchel?

Here is an update from Amanita:

In reaction to a number of requests we’ve seen coming from the players throughout the year, we ultimately decided to swap Chuchel’s colours and change his body colour from black to orange. We acknowledge that due to significant differences in culture and history between Central Europe and other regions, we did not consider the possibility of Chuchel, a living dust bunny, being associated with ‘blackface’, a theatrical racial stereotype which emerged in the United States in the 19th century.

We would like to sincerely apologize to anyone who has been offended by the original appearance of Chuchel. As a team of peace-minded creative people, we simply do not want any of our games and characters even remotely associated with racism or any other form of hate crime. In order to avoid any further misinterpretations, Chuchel’s appearance has just been updated here on Steam and will be changed on all platforms in the upcoming days and weeks.

Thank you for your understanding and ongoing support,
Amanita Design

Before:

After:

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Oh no, even Amanita couldn’t avoid the politically correct police. Or maybe it’s trolling and they just decided to remind the world about Chuchel 9 months after its initial release)

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Donuts McGee - 22 December 2018 10:08 AM

New look for Chuchel?

yes, he is happy now!....

what a whinny culture we are living in now Shifty Eyed

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top