• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Super Seducer PC/PS4

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Wow Sony invaded by SJWs, game wont be released on PS4

Vice strikes back

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/bj54vq/playstation-steam-super-seducer-pua-game

Wats funny is peeps are liking it on Steam and game is still up so i am dloading it for back up

Polygon , notorious for all liberal narrative has this to say

“As a lady who’s dated some very awkward dudes, I know we all could benefit from some self-improvement.”
Polygon

http://store.steampowered.com/app/695920/Super_Seducer__How_to_Talk_to_Girls/

I wonder if Leisure larry type stuff can gets a pass in this day and age

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

To complete that Polygon quote:

“As a lady who’s dated some very awkward dudes, I know we all could benefit from some self-improvement. But Super Seducer stumbles recklessly over the line between encouraging straight men to be conscious of how they treat straight women and instructing them on how to single-mindedly pursue women as if they were collectibles.”

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Yeah, the out-of-context polygon quote on the store page goes to show this is largely a troll-fest.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

zane - 07 March 2018 07:11 AM

Yeah, the out-of-context polygon quote on the store page goes to show this is largely a troll-fest.

I remember some solid 7/10 games quoted with(selected) one liners praise in them accolade commercials of AAA games, its old practice in VG world at large
Considering how vindictive current political climate is , Polygon’s double speak is a refresher

If you want to bad mouth some creator carry on

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

nomadsoul - 07 March 2018 07:51 AM
zane - 07 March 2018 07:11 AM

I remember some solid 7/10 games quoted with(selected) one liners praise in them accolade commercials of AAA games, its old practice in VG world at large
Considering how vindictive current political climate is , Polygon’s double speak is a refresher

If you want to bad mouth some creator carry on

Sure, a reviewer may not like a game but have nice things to say about it. And then they could focus on quoting the nice things to promote. Hopefully you see the difference here where polygon had nothing nice to say about the game.. the quote is pure troll fodder and was not a compliment directed at the game to begin with.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

zane - 07 March 2018 08:35 AM

Sure, a reviewer may not like a game but have nice things to say about it. And then they could focus on quoting the nice things to promote. Hopefully you see the difference here where polygon had nothing nice to say about the game.. the quote is pure troll fodder and was not a compliment directed at the game to begin with.

I agree with you but its also common practice,  6 or 7/10 is a bad rating and in trailer using positive only quotes is different thing, atleast here Ruina has linked the Polygon article/site with quote
Normal consumer dont go check reviews if only positive quotes are plastered on game box at some retail shops of flawed games, sometimes as flawed as 15-20 fps skyrim ps3 version
If Industry had been doing this, you cant dig up some niche indie guy with same pickaxe

And believe me , considering how leftist lynching works on social media, this as far that lady can get to write a level headed article about this game
Same site which had history of finding sexist stuff in games where there wasnt any y
You have to treat a troll like a troll even if your argument is right

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Clearly there were some behind the scenes pressure to remove the game because Sony doesn’t really care what kind of crap goes into the store.

Considering the amount of dating sims or JRPGs with softcore releasing on PS4/Vita the fact that they blocked this is probably because of pressure against the author of the game.

Steam however, won’t care, outside pressures or not.

nomadsoul - 07 March 2018 05:53 AM

I wonder if Leisure larry type stuff can gets a pass in this day and age

ah, take a guess

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I couldn’t help despairing at, but at the same time couldn’t help being very suspicious of the great number of mostly positive reviews that have appeared for no other reason than this game was only released on Steam yesterday!
If only many of the very decent Adventure Games released on Steam got the same response although I’m not sure really as I couldn’t help noticing that the discussion thread was already dominated by misogynistic posters/trollers.

Does this ‘Sim Game’ belong here in the Adventure Game forums rather than The General Thread?

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

I never would have known this existed this game looks hilarious. Sucks it’s not on PS4 because this looks like a great game to joke around on with some buddies.

I might get it on PC and still try to set that up because this shit looks too funny.

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

chrissie - 07 March 2018 02:50 PM

I couldn’t help despairing at, but at the same time couldn’t help being very suspicious of the great number of mostly positive reviews that have appeared for no other reason than this game was only released on Steam yesterday!
If only many of the very decent Adventure Games released on Steam got the same response although I’m not sure really as I couldn’t help noticing that the discussion thread was already dominated by misogynistic posters/trollers.

Does this ‘Sim Game’ belong here in the Adventure Game forums rather than The General Thread?

What is your issue chrissie? Maybe you are bitter that seduction happens to work on your gender, and maybe you have even succumbed to it in your life. Or maybe you are jealous that you are not the target of anyone’s affections?

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Watch it, buster. Turning it personal will work out badly for you.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

chrissie - 07 March 2018 02:50 PM

From official page

Choose Your Own Adventure - Super Seducer contains eleven hours of live-action footage, 520 choices and multiple endings for players to test out their skills.

Motherboard and Polygon stated same

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I think all of the fun to be derived from this can be had in about 20 mins of a lets play video. I enjoyed this one:

Thats all i could take. It is horrific.. and i would be loathe to give them money for their game or their $25 of dlc.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

That jared guy is edgelord, try boogie with more than million subs

or some others with cool headed stance on things like this game

Edit

fun part is , main streamers are playing this AG over many others, i hope you get my point, and keep on hating the guy Confused

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

^Oh nope, im done. The game is very boring. I dont normally watch streamers, that just happened to be the first one on search results and it was entertaining. Im sure it is very good click-bait for streamers. And for games like these without gameplay, watching a stream of it usually is the better option.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top