• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Lucius: Stuck in 5b [SOLVED]

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2010-09-07

PM

[MILD early game spoiler]

I can’t get past the first stealth sequence, to get the rat poison, and I’ve been at it literally for hours.

I make it past mom and into the garden where the detective is no problem. I break the lamp with telekinesis and he moves to investigate.

And then I can’t sneak past. No matter which way he’s facing or what angle I approach from, as soon as I take a step he turns around and it’s game over. It’s not even turning around, really. The character model just flips to look directly at me as soon as I move, making it look more like a bug than a failed stealth approach. Not sure about that though.

I’ve seen some video walkthrough where people do the exact same thing I’m doing and getting past him no problem.

So… bug or stealth fail?

Any hints and tips would be appreciated.

Failing Upwards

Total Posts: 92

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

If you approach from the left side and creep along slowly, you should be able to make it through the door pretty easily with the guy standing looking at the broken light. If you do that and it still doesn’t work, it could very well be a bug, and given the sloppy technical performance of the game wouldn’t be that surprising.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2010-09-07

PM

Yeah, that’s what I did. The detective clearly has his back turned to me, he can’t see me, but as soon as I move he just does a 180 and it’s game over. Like I said, it’s not so much the model doing a “turning around” animation as it is just instant game over no matter where he’s facing.

It’s a shame. I was really enjoying myself up to this point.

————

EDIT: Figures. As soon as I decide to give up, it works. I got past him, by doing… the exact same thing I’d been doing for 3 hours. I don’t know what changed, but on try 50+ it just worked. Very annoying.

Failing Upwards

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top