• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #46 Technobabylon

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

This award winning and highly reviewed adventure game is now ours to play as a team. It is a cyberpunk adventure of a dark dystopian future.

This game is divided into 10 chapters so let’s play 2 a week:

Setup the game by February 19th

Chapters 1 and 10 complete by February 26th
Was
Chapters 11 and 100 complete by March 5th

Chapters 101 and 110 complete by March 12th

Chapters 111 and 1000 complete by March 19th

Chapters 1001 and1010 complete by March 26th

Game unhooked on March 30th

The game has a great story and the puzzles are not too hard, but if you get stuck there are many walkthroughs you can access.

The good thing about these low res adventures is they tend to be low cost and feature some great voice acting.

I would love it as you complete a chapter you post about what you thought of it.

I won’t be prodding anyone along - you are self-paced in this CPT - but please post your opinions as often as you can.

You can even continue playing if you fall behind after the thread if unhooked.

Can a administrator pin this thread please and let’s have some fun with one of my favorite adventure games ever released.

https://adventuregamers.com/screenshots/view/23858/57381#image

https://adventuregamers.com/screenshots/view/23858/57386#image

https://adventuregamers.com/screenshots/view/23858/57393#image

https://adventuregamers.com/screenshots/view/23858/57397#image

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Installed and ready to go - gog version.
One of the few Wadjet Eye games I never played.

Technocrat seems to working on a sequel

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I saw that! Should be a great game - if it’s good I’d do a CPT of it.

In anonther thread, people are saying how great this game is, better than some of my very favorites, I can’t wait to read some of the comments about this game from the players once it gets going.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Awesome! I’ll try to play along.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Got it installed and ready to go

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Installed the game, solved some puzzles and left the room. After that I watched a short video and the game switched to a different location. There were no “Chapter 1/2” screens, so I guess “chapters” are indicated by new locations? Hope I don’t rush things, I’m just using my free time to play.

Enjoyed it so far, especially the soundtrack and how characters try to interact with everything. I also like how puzzles are integrated into the futuristic world, making them part of the new experience. Can’t say anything about the art direction yet, but it seems to me the game really lacks the style and detail of Primordia. It’s just your standard cyberpunk environment we’ve seen many times. Also the local virtual reality is kind of outdated. Even Beneath a Steel Sky in 1994 presented a more original and futuristic VR. And while BaSS started as a light-hearted, almost comedy game, TB mixes bleak, uncomfortable world with almost cartoonish VR, which also looks strange and unbalanced.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

So, yes the chapters are defined by location changes, you have completed chapter one. The first chapter ends when you leave the room. The second chapter begins with different characters and location

See if this helps define the chapters:

http://selmiak.bplaced.net/games/pc/index.php?lang=eng&game=Technobabylon

The story is what made the game for me, it gets better as you go through the game.

It does look like an 80s Cyberpunk game however, which many people may like.

Heart

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I haven’t had a chance to install it yet, Mikekelly, but I’ll be able to play in a day or two.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Bought from Steam, installed and setup. Probably going to start playing over the next few days.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i love this game and how each chapter can be held alone as a different and unique game playing style on its own, theirs even a chapter for those who like sherlock holmes investigating style… but overall its never boring always keeps ye on your toe, and much better than ShardLight which a very ordinary low profile adventure but yet at best.

enjoy Technobabylon, and i can’t wait for its sequel anyways. Wink

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Advie, I do hope you join us in this CPT, even if you have played the game before, your comments here would be valuable.

Heart

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Played the first chapter and liked it a lot. Funny Cheffie. Easy puzzles so far.

Two things I don’t like. Reading text in most of those retro-pixel games is way too hard, especially all caps. Three seconds is not enough for me to decipher this:

And why are only some descriptions voiced?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Finished what I am presuming to be chapter 1 i.e. leaving the room
And really like it so far.

I am also confused with the numbering of the chapters. It went from -1- Prisoner of Conciousness to -10- Suicide City. My best guess at this point is that these are binary numbers? (10 is 2 in binary code).

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Ok, I’ve updated the chapter call outs to what the game calls them to be.

I myself do not have a clue as to why on Earth they would use the numbers they did. But hey, maybe they just wanted to appear to be Cyberpunky.

This should help as well:

http://selmiak.bplaced.net/games/pc/index.php?lang=eng&game=Technobabylon

Heart

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Also finished the first chapter. Already played this part before, remembered when I started.
It’s a fun little chapter - because of Cheffie and the Guard - and a good take on the classic locked room puzzle.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Question about chapter one: I hope we don’t need a plastic fork later in the game, do we? Cause I broke mine.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top