• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble. Playthrough. (Finished).

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Okay, be sure to return the courtesy please.  Smile

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve crossed the river. So many random stuff happening in the screen, with jokes everywhere - tax collector out of nowhere in trashcan with at least 5 different dialogues, lol

The game does feel like Gobliiins, the throw nut at beggar and he throws you the boot puzzle was so random like the Gobliins series.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

wilco - 12 February 2018 05:19 AM

The game does feel like Gobliiins, the throw nut at beggar and he throws you the boot puzzle was so random like the Gobliins series.

Gobliiins is better.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Oscar - 12 February 2018 05:33 AM

Gobliiins is better.

In what way? I’m thinking the Gobliiins puzzle were kind of cryptic but the fact that each room was mostly self-contained helped a lot, I can see that with the world getting bigger it can get specially tricky here.

Printed out the manual and started drawing the map, preparaing myself fot what is coming Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 12 February 2018 06:10 PM

Printed out the manual and started drawing the map, preparaing myself fot what is coming Smile

great boy, wilco, this is my 3rd reply, not the 50th or anything, but i remember my 2nd replay which i have gotten stuck too many times, the non-linearity of the game and how big it is makes the puzzles always fresh

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

wilco - 12 February 2018 06:10 PM
Oscar - 12 February 2018 05:33 AM

Gobliiins is better.

In what way? I’m thinking the Gobliiins puzzle were kind of cryptic but the fact that each room was mostly self-contained helped a lot, I can see that with the world getting bigger it can get specially tricky here.

You’ll find out once you get further into the game. When you discover the plot makes no sense, most of the puzzles make no sense and you are wandering from screen to screen with no idea what you’re supposed to be doing.

Gobliiins’ beauty was in its simplicity, and its narrow focus on solving specific problems in one screen using multiple characters.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I doubt that any one can finish this game without a walkthrough. It is impossible.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you wouldnt know about Sierra games more than me Oscar, or would ye?

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

UruBoo - 13 February 2018 02:34 AM

I doubt that any one can finish this game without a walkthrough. It is impossible.

I finished most of it on my first play without a w/t, then got really stuck - and it turned to be a dead end (I consider it my fault, failed to do one of the most logical things in the entire game). I incidentally read solutions to some of the more comlex puzzles, so can’t say whether it’s possible or not to solve, but that doesn’t change a fact that it’s one of the most varied and inventive adventures out there.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’m wandering around after going up in the elevator. Got some feathers in the parrot and got the finger thing. Think I need to find a way to get into the Red light District.

The Tobozan is an good mechanic but the game manual is to be avoided, I started dialing all the numbers in that are in it but they are not supposed to be used until you find the numbers in the game. I suppose the rest of the stuff in the manual is also like that.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 14 February 2018 07:29 AM

I’m wandering around after going up in the elevator. Got some feathers in the parrot and got the finger thing. Think I need to find a way to get into the Red light District.

they guy was next to the sleeping man he supposed to have had told you about a secret entrance to the gambling roam, right ahead after the parrot roam, there a dark room with a haphazard puzzle but an easy solution.

P.S: i m bit ahead of you, i entered the Temple, but the game still long, we will meet somewhere

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i stopped playing for two days now, dont wanna be dragged too far, and to see which where you reached.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Hanging around Red Light District

Got some Struls in the pinball machine, slot machine and Cup game.
Btw, are there dead ends in the game (besides the one in the bug), for example, can I run out of Struls?

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

yes you can run out of struls.  I had to restart from a saved point many times to keep the cash I had to do things. This is a very frustrating game, but, when I finished, i felt like I finished a marathon. whew.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Mbday is quite right, also you have like 3-4 places to win stuls. anyways, think LSL1 you make Struls save and win more, save and win and save…. , keep around 20-25 struls with you, with them you can make as much as want, (you can spend hours gambling at this game, its addictive.

anyway, you played all kings quest game, so saving for a dead ends should not be a problem, have lots of saving and better arranged, and you will feel very safe, but anyway, i have reached a 30% of the game without any possible dead ends, taking Kuru notices in mind, and always when i hear those Tobozon codes i check the tobozon for what they are for, there are codes that work as phone numbers and codes that opens things (dont wanna spoil it) so that is all, do not play too wary and cautious as i feel you are, honstly i am to prove that the hassle around Woodruff and its puzzles that they do not make any sense and unfair is not true, that game is striaght forward but the unlinearty the smartess thing in the game we always wish for is what causing all this bitching that is what makes no sense itself.

i can even ask wilco, do you think until you reached the red light district you met any puzzle that you can say it made no sense according to the Boozooks life and in its Disney kind of approaches?

P.S:ESC skips dialogues and cut-scenes

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top