• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinLady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

https://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=2696

‘Shadow of the Colossus’ remastered for PS4 debuts at No1 pushing ‘Monster Hunter: World’ down to No3
The original PS2 title also debuted at No1, back in W7 2006, however launch week sales of the new PS4 version are 73% greater than that of its predecessor. It is the 8th different Sony-format exclusive to reach No1 since the beginning of last year.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Fortnite tops PUBG’s concurrent players with 3.4 millions.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/fortnite/fortnite-battle-royale-player-numbers

Battle Royale will stick around for a while. I just watched the movie this weekend (on Netflix) and man did the Hunger games rip it off.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Should have saved for E3

According to multiple sources familiar with the project, Activision is currently working on a Spyro the Dragon Trilogy Remaster, which will be announced in March 2018 and released in Q3 2018.

The trilogy remaster will, much like the highly successful Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, feature new assets, lighting, animations and cinematics, as well as a remastered soundtrack. It will also feature updates to the save feature, much like occurred in the Crash remaster (which replaced the original games’ password feature with something much more user friendly). The remaster will include Spyro the Dragon, Ripto’s Rage!, and Year of the Dragon, and there is the tantalising promise of some content cut from the original releases of those games.

The Spyro remaster will be announced for PS4, with PS4 Pro support, sometime in March 2018, and will be releasing in Q3 2018. One source suggested that September would be the launch month, which would be in line with Spyro the Dragon’s 20th anniversary.

SoccerDude - 13 February 2018 11:54 AM

Fortnite tops

They are bringing 60 fps to consoles and made alot adjustments, cool new weapons too

Edit

PS4 is killin it

Grasshopper Manufacture and GungHo Online Entertainment today announced that the free-to-play Let It Die has hacked and slashed its way to over four million downloads worldwide on the PlayStation Store.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Kamiya confirmed on twitter with long as posts, that bayo2 n 3 are funded and locked by Ninty, and might never come on other consoles

P* is take budget lock rights type company, meaning bayo3 will be good but locked in console inferior than X1 S, we can never get PS4 gen bayo yet Frown

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 13 February 2018 02:23 PM

Edit

PS4 is killin it

Grasshopper Manufacture and GungHo Online Entertainment today announced that the free-to-play Let It Die has hacked and slashed its way to over four million downloads worldwide on the PlayStation Store.

I hope that means good news for Grasshopper, do downloads mean much in F2P games? People need to still be playing it and spending money there.

nomadsoul - 13 February 2018 03:16 PM

Kamiya confirmed on twitter with long as posts, that bayo2 n 3 are funded and locked by Ninty, and might never come on other consoles

P* is take budget lock rights type company, meaning bayo3 will be good but locked in console inferior than X1 S, we can never get PS4 gen bayo yet Frown

Based Nintendo giving us more Bayo even when the first 2 bombed! Hope the series finally finds success in the Switch. Not worries about the console power, the game will look and play great as always. Platinum finds a way.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 13 February 2018 04:45 PM

do downloads mean much in F2P games? People need to still be playing it and spending money there

Bandwidth use and digital marketing/ads/ on servers etc can be part of revenue stream, its Gungho so they might have more hooks in background apart from transactions
I know people in fbook community spending as much as 150$, it was months ago
There have been updates new floors and bosses, f2p can be very lucrative and i am sure its more hit than any suda game financially

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 13 February 2018 05:31 PM
wilco - 13 February 2018 04:45 PM

do downloads mean much in F2P games? People need to still be playing it and spending money there

Bandwidth use and digital marketing/ads/ on servers etc can be part of revenue stream, its Gungho so they might have more hooks in background apart from transactions
I know people in fbook community spending as much as 150$, it was months ago
There have been updates new floors and bosses, f2p can be very lucrative and i am sure its more hit than any suda game financially

Ah, adding new stuff is a good indicator of doing well, let it keep Suda working on new stuff!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

30hrs in Monsterhunter
Grind is strong, very strong
If anyone is not committed to games where fighting tough boss atleast 3 times is must , dont buy it
it can be harder than Souls if you dont grind

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 13 February 2018 07:59 PM

30hrs in Monsterhunter
Grind is strong, very strong
If anyone is not committed to games where fighting tough boss atleast 3 times is must , dont buy it
it can be harder than Souls if you dont grind

Is the grind at least fun? Or is it like MMO repetitive?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude - 13 February 2018 08:33 PM

If you like beating tough bosses(since its a boss rush game), then yes

You face a tough ass boss in story mode or side mission
You get few materials
You goto weapon tree, huge ass list of materials for each upgrade(and there is alot)
Say it needs item Z, 3 of them and like that XYA etc
You have to beat same bosses for item Z to get sometimes only 1 item Z, same boss
Problem is same item Z will be required as a requirement in armors too (legs,gauntlets,head gear etc)
I fought a tough ass but awesome af boss twice to get just the chest plate
Luckily you can roll back materials in weapon tree so you can go for another weapon midgame, huge benefit

So you are like wtf is this shit, fight same boss 4 times atleast(though later you can take less time since you are upgraded a bit) ...and if you dont have certain defense against next new boss, one hit kill
And if you cannot damage him enough, time will be up b4 you kill him
50 mins wasted for nothing

For me time is major issue though my main weapon Bow needs a window to strike and Monsters dont settle on a place for a sec, they are super aggressive and fkin clip through environments

It has MMO feel , 4 player instead of many, though in hub you can make squad and party with 16+ people

It has robbed Destiny crowd(hence the sales) as in Hey lets grind this or hunt that monster today, and all gather for farm, coop definitely can be more fun

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

THQ nordic buys Deep Silver’s owner Kock Media:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/14/17011564/thq-nordic-koch-media-deep-silver-saints-row-homefront-dead-island

With all these round-about acquisitions, it seems the old THQ is fully back under a different name and operating from Europe instead. Grin

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 14 February 2018 06:21 AM
SoccerDude - 13 February 2018 08:33 PM

If you like beating tough bosses(since its a boss rush game), then yes

You face a tough ass boss in story mode or side mission
You get few materials
You goto weapon tree, huge ass list of materials for each upgrade(and there is alot)
Say it needs item Z, 3 of them and like that XYA etc
You have to beat same bosses for item Z to get sometimes only 1 item Z, same boss
Problem is same item Z will be required as a requirement in armors too (legs,gauntlets,head gear etc)
I fought a tough ass but awesome af boss twice to get just the chest plate
Luckily you can roll back materials in weapon tree so you can go for another weapon midgame, huge benefit

So you are like wtf is this shit, fight same boss 4 times atleast(though later you can take less time since you are upgraded a bit) ...and if you dont have certain defense against next new boss, one hit kill
And if you cannot damage him enough, time will be up b4 you kill him
50 mins wasted for nothing

For me time is major issue though my main weapon Bow needs a window to strike and Monsters dont settle on a place for a sec, they are super aggressive and fkin clip through environments

It has MMO feel , 4 player instead of many, though in hub you can make squad and party with 16+ people

It has robbed Destiny crowd(hence the sales) as in Hey lets grind this or hunt that monster today, and all gather for farm, coop definitely can be more fun

Do enemies and bosses have levels like in MMO’s or Borderlands? How do you know when you are strong enough to beat a boss and when you can tackle them without insta-dying?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude - 14 February 2018 03:50 PM

Do enemies and bosses have levels like in MMO’s or Borderlands? How do you know when you are strong enough to beat a boss and when you can tackle them without insta-dying?

You would know if they are not one shot killing you Smile
Bosses unlock with storymode and progression, you have Hunter rank, and high rank missions later have tough bosses and the real game starts then, thats now for me after 30hrs

They gradually get more HP, so much that it is the issue why they dont die within time limit, so even you damage, you have to make sure each hit counts and more, meaning best possible damage output for your weapon and best possible defense of your armor for best results

Long story short, i dont think you can solo without spending huge time grinding
In Souls and Nioh you can finish game without leveling up and total skills , not in MHW

Another issue is Bosses dont display health, they waste time roaming around and you have to check when they start limping, indicating they are in last phase
So that chasing waste time more

I also dont like loading times

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Another Focus Interactive published title, also looking great, good portfolio

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 14 February 2018 04:49 PM
SoccerDude - 14 February 2018 03:50 PM

You would know if they are not one shot killing you Smile
Bosses unlock with storymode and progression, you have Hunter rank, and high rank missions later have tough bosses and the real game starts then, thats now for me after 30hrs

They gradually get more HP, so much that it is the issue why they dont die within time limit, so even you damage, you have to make sure each hit counts and more, meaning best possible damage output for your weapon and best possible defense of your armor for best results

Long story short, i dont think you can solo without spending huge time grinding
In Souls and Nioh you can finish game without leveling up and total skills , not in MHW

Another issue is Bosses dont display health, they waste time roaming around and you have to check when they start limping, indicating they are in last phase
So that chasing waste time more

I also dont like loading times

From what you are describing and what I have seen other people say, this is like an MMO except that it is 4 people instead of tens/hundreds. It really sounds like a chore to play to get to the fun parts, so I will probably sit this one out.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top