• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 11 February 2018 07:03 PM

Kane will score atleast one goal ^

I think in England he might but scoring against Juve in Italy is a mighty task

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 11 February 2018 06:45 PM

[

What about a prediction game for the 1st leg results in the CL:

Basel - Man City 0-3
Juventus - Tottenham 1-0
Real Madrid - PSG 3-1
Porto - Liverpool 2-1
Bayern - Besiktas 3-0
Chelsea - Barcelona 1-1
Shaktar Donesk - Roma 1-2
Sevilla - Man United 0-0

no, no i cant predict, not my thing. Cool

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Well, got Man City almost right (easiest prediction ever Smile ) but totally underestimated Tottenham/overestimated Juve. Buffon showing bad reflexes in the second goal Frown
Kane scored, nomad, you were right in that one.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 13 February 2018 04:37 PM

Grin

And people say nomad is wrong Tongue

I use to dislike kane but now liking him , amount of effort he puts to convert goals is commendable
Plus buffoon reflexes were fine enough else Hurricane’s header was sure shot

Real vs Psg, Nevas and defense will help psg alot to score goals, have zero faith in real defense against bappe x nmar x cavani trio

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 13 February 2018 05:13 PM
wilco - 13 February 2018 04:37 PM

Grin

And people say nomad is wrong Tongue

I use to dislike kane but now liking him , amount of effort he puts to convert goals is commendable
Plus buffoon reflexes were fine enough else Hurricane’s header was sure shot

Kane is going to look good in Madrid, great goal scorer

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I am putting my money on Madrid. Don’t trust the league of mercenaries for the life of me. Defense is also bad. RM will step up.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Shit defense, and that navas dive lol
I was right Meh

And that Salah goal :o

Edit

That pressure on C7, at times like this he shouldnt take penalty
But anyway

edit 2

great win, asensio > lebouf

C7 can score goals with knee too

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

nomadsoul - 14 February 2018 03:21 PM

And that Salah goal :o

i like the third goal over the rest; the three strikers each had a fine touch at.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Fuming! Embarassing display, like they never played a game in the CL before. A wonder how we got out of the group stage like this. Keeper with a bad error in the first goal (should’ve put Casillas on, has more experience for these matches) and then the team fell apart and kept making terrible passes.

Real Madrid - PSG 3-1

At least I got one right.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lucky Barcelona, played pretty bad and scored in an error. Messi scored against Chelsea, no traditions are sacred!  Great game by William.

Bayern game (series) was over when the Besiktas defender was sent off.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 20 February 2018 04:54 PM

Great game by William

3 kick ass kicks , 2 on pole it was almost 3 goals

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 20 February 2018 04:54 PM

Lucky Barcelona, played pretty bad and scored in an error. Messi scored against Chelsea, no traditions are sacred!

Took Ronaldo 15 games to score once against Chelsea. Wink

Wilco, why did you think Barca played bad? Could you elaborate.

Didn’t think they played bad themselves. Aside from 3 shots Chelsea didn’t do much. Hazard was contained mostly apart from the assist. Morata didn’t even have touch when he came in.

Conte plan failed. Defensive side of the plan was sublime I’ll give him that, but counter part was woeful. Imo he also failed tactically. Against this pragmatic Barca should’ve gone on the attack at home and play Morata alongside Hazard. You should try to bag 2 goals before heading to Camp Nou.

Barca handed in some attacking power for that defensive upgrade. With Arthur and good Dembele and Coutinho we will see 4-3-3 soon enough.

Think 1-1 is good representation of game.

Don’t see Barca as favourites though for CL. Real are favs imo. Only see Barca stopping them but not sure if they will make it that far. Hope for a good foundation to build on next season though. Could be going for a treble then.

Sorry again for telegram-style post.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Origami - 20 February 2018 09:03 PM

Took Ronaldo 15 games to score once against Chelsea. Wink

Wilco, why did you think Barca played bad? Could you elaborate.

Didn’t think they played bad themselves. Aside from 3 shots Chelsea didn’t do much. Hazard was contained mostly apart from the assist. Morata didn’t even have touch when he came in.

Conte plan failed. Defensive side of the plan was sublime I’ll give him that, but counter part was woeful. Imo he also failed tactically. Against this pragmatic Barca should’ve gone on the attack at home and play Morata alongside Hazard. You should try to bag 2 goals before heading to Camp Nou.

Barca handed in some attacking power for that defensive upgrade. With Arthur and good Dembele and Coutinho we will see 4-3-3 soon enough.

Think 1-1 is good representation of game.

Don’t see Barca as favourites though for CL. Real are favs imo. Only see Barca stopping them but not sure if they will make it that far. Hope for a good foundation to build on next season though. Could be going for a treble then.

Sorry again for telegram-style post.

Barça had more ball possession but barely created any opportunities, Chelsea looked more dangerous in the first half having most of the chances. Second half was worse Chelsea. Don’t think they could have more attacking power, would just create more space for Barça.
1-1 is not surprising thought, that was my prediction anyway Smile
Barça will go through anyway, don’t think Chelsea has much chance in Nou Camp with this result.

Got the Man United 0-0 draw correct, Mourinho is so predictable now Frown
Happy with the Shaktar win, ukraine and russian teams usualyl struggle after the winter break.

Don’t think Real is favorite, team is capable but too unstable. Actually hard to say this year, maybe Man City and Bayern but have to see them tested against a strong side. Real, Barcelona and PSG would go after them.

Personally rooting for Man United because of Mourinho and Liverpool because they are just fun to watch (unless they are playing Porto Neutral)

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Honestly….would like to see Liverpool win it. Dark horse imo and think with Salah in form they might be able to pull it off. I like Klopp as a coach.

Don’t mind Man U winning it though. Would be great achievement for the relative youngsters.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

C7 has heart of gold, A+ game

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top