• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

I can’t run the majority of AGS (Geminie Rue, Al Emmo, The Shiva) games on Windows 7 32 bit

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

Hi,

I can’t run the majority of AGS games on Windows 7 32 bit. For instance I can not run games like Gemini Rue, The Shiva, and Al Emmo. I can run Resonance and the the Blackwell series. For the Blackwell series, I have to “Run as Administrator” though. Please help, I really want to play these great games. When I try to launch the game I can hear the music, but the screen is just black. What can I do?

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2012-01-24

PM

Have you played around with the settings in the winsetup program for each of these games? First you should set it up to run as an administrator. Then run winsetup and try different graphic settings. (Direct3D/directDraw, different graphic filters and resolutions etc). If nothing else works try running the games in windowed mode.

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2008-04-03

PM

Here’s your solution:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=46598.msg626962#msg626962

www.hardydev.com - blogging about indie and underground adventures

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

Thanks guys. I will try to see if your suggestions help.

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

Many thanks guys. Problem SOLVED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top