• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Theme of the Week Info & Discussion

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Some ideas:
-Rtrooney’s Most Difficult Game to Find on the Internet of the Week
-Silverspook’s Discussion Point of the week Concerning Neofeud
-Advie’s Game of the Week that Deserve a Playthrough Thread Even Without a Vote

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

BitingWit - 13 February 2018 03:56 AM

Some ideas:
-Rtrooney’s Most Difficult Game to Find on the Internet of the Week
-Silverspook’s Discussion Point of the week Concerning Neofeud
-Advie’s Game of the Week that Deserve a Playthrough Thread Even Without a Vote

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

I’d be more than happy if AGSOTD got revived. Alas I’m not willing to contribute. It feels much more time consuming than posting a weekly theme once in a while. And it better be done by somebody who has played a lot of games.
On the other, the theme of the week is a great way to see someone’s personal and detailed insights on various subjects. I don’t think it’s anywhere closer to exhaustion. If there are enough volunteers (let’s say 8 for March and April) I’ll gladly think of a theme sometime in March.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Posting the scene of the day, even if spread among several people, is definitely more time consuming.  (Hats off to those who did it every day!)  If we revive the theme of the week, there is no reason that a participant can’t post about a specific game or even games with a particular theme once a month instead of once a week.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I do like Lady K’s hybrid approach. Instead of having AG theme of the week OR AGSOTD, why not combine both. For one week, a person would pick a theme, and post AGSOTD for that theme and it would be rotating like in AG theme so hopefully that would prevent exhaustion.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

badlemon - 13 February 2018 10:23 AM

I’d be more than happy if AGSOTD got revived. Alas I’m not willing to contribute. It feels much more time consuming than posting a weekly theme once in a while. And it better be done by somebody who has played a lot of games.
On the other, the theme of the week is a great way to see someone’s personal and detailed insights on various subjects. I don’t think it’s anywhere closer to exhaustion. If there are enough volunteers (let’s say 8 for March and April) I’ll gladly think of a theme sometime in March.

i willing always to contribute to anything intelligent, and AGSOTD the A-Z list here can do for it.

but not to make it impossible AGSOTW wouldnt be any good either, without L.K or someone like; who everyone respects not because he/she has a badge but because… (some useless ramble)

people like chrissie and Sir Beardalot who prefer AGSOTD than the Week, ironically are the best to handle this thread and the process. my 2 cents.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I don’t mind keeping track of things, whatever is decided.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

There’s definitely no way I could take on AGSOTD alone. I commend the ones who have! When I said I was interested in contributing, I was thinking along the lines of picking a day, and then posting once a week on that day. Basically how it was before it fizzled out.

BUT, I really like what Lady K and SoccerDude have suggested. Continue the AGTOTW but post a new game scene each day during that week. That way we can all look forward to something new each day! And since you can choose when you want to contribute you will have plenty of time to prepare for that week. Also, if you can’t think of or don’t want to stick to a particular theme, just choose a week to post scenes of recent games you’ve played or like or are looking forward to! Sounds like a win-win situation! Thumbs Up

We could always rename it to Adventure Game Theme of the Week Scene of the Day Medley, aka AGTOTWSOTDM   Tongue

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top