• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward (Sequel to 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors)

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Did anyone else hear that this game was coming out this year? Just found out about it now. Apparently it will be out sometime in November in Europe and October 23rd in the U.S.

Here’s a trailer:

I’m looking forward to this immensely. A good enough reason to buy a 3DS as any other.

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2006-06-02

PM

Yes, I am so excited about it.  999 was one of the best games I’ve ever played.  It’s going to make me get a 3DS (and now they have the 3DS XL I have to get one of THOSE.)  I may not be able to play it till after Christmas, if I can talk someone into making a 3DS my Xmas gift.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I don’t want to buy a 3DS until I’m back in Europe in a year, because the stupid thing is region-locked (seriously, who can be brain-dead enough to think region-locking makes any kind of sense in the 21st century?!), but holding out is getting harder and harder. Meh

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’d love to play this game (I loved 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors), but sadly I still feel there’s far too little interesting titles for the 3DS to warrant the purchase of one. Frown

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2006-06-02

PM

Kurufinwe - 29 August 2012 11:51 AM

I don’t want to buy a 3DS until I’m back in Europe in a year, because the stupid thing is region-locked (seriously, who can be brain-dead enough to think region-locking makes any kind of sense in the 21st century?!), but holding out is getting harder and harder. Meh

They’re region-locked?  That sucks.  That’s one of the best things about the DS.  Frown  But seriously, I will still buy one purely for this game.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2010-08-31

PM

Unfortunately, my local game shop said it doesn’t look like it’s getting a local release in Australia, so it looks like I will be deprived Frown . A real shame, as I adore the first game.

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2008-01-10

PM

AnneS - 30 August 2012 06:44 AM

Unfortunately, my local game shop said it doesn’t look like it’s getting a local release in Australia, so it looks like I will be deprived Frown . A real shame, as I adore the first game.

Australian classification board seems to think otherwise Wink : LINK

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2010-08-31

PM

Trickless - 30 August 2012 10:43 AM

Australian classification board seems to think otherwise Wink : LINK

Eeeeeeee! That is such great news, thank you!

I guess I will ask my local shop again and point out this link if they can’t find it Laughing .

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2008-01-10

PM

If it’s the same as EU, then it’s scheduled for a November release

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

thanks to.. soul hackers, smt 4, the inevitability of more phoenix wright&layton;, fire emblem, and this… im leaning pretty heavily towards getting a 3ds. The 3d gimmick doesnt appeal to me at all.. but once again they seem to have the developers on their side.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

“but sadly I still feel there’s far too little interesting titles for the 3DS to warrant the purchase of one”

We have so far two 3DS adventure games - Doctor Lautec and Hollywood Crimes.

Next month we’ll get NCIS and October brings us:

Myst 3D

Mask of Miracle

Virtue’s Last Reward

Now after those are released I’d say we’ve got a good line up of adventure games on the 3DS - and good ones too.

Smile

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 405

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

When you say region locked, does that mean if I buy a 3DS in Aus, I can only get games from Aus? I buy a lot of games online, and get them from where ever they are cheap. I have a DS lite, but am inclined to trade up to a 3DS XL simply for this game and the new Layton. But not if I have to pay Aussie store prices for games…

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

skeeter_93 - 02 September 2012 12:25 AM

When you say region locked, does that mean if I buy a 3DS in Aus, I can only get games from Aus? I buy a lot of games online, and get them from where ever they are cheap. I have a DS lite, but am inclined to trade up to a 3DS XL simply for this game and the new Layton. But not if I have to pay Aussie store prices for games…

You can play any PAL region games - Australia, New Zealand, Europe

Also, only the 3DS games are region locked. You can play original DS games from any region.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

“You can play any PAL region games - Australia, New Zealand, Europe.”

Usually lots of adventure games get released in this area as well. I wouldn’t mind having a PAL region 3DS actually.

Content

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

PSYCHOTIC BUNNY FTW!

I’ve just started playing the game (finished the first room escape and am now in the middle of the first story section, where the rules of the new Nonary game are explained). And this time the new (?) Zero has a crazy AI bunny speaking for him—and he makes President Max sound like a very reasonable person rabbity thing. I don’t know where this is going, but I’m excited.

In other news, I miss the first game’s hand-drawn characters (we have cheap 3d models now); full voice acting is a nice touch, however. And the game comes with a huge flowchart showing all the paths through the story (made up of boxes that get filled in as you reach each specific section); it’s insanely big and it looks like we’ll have to replay the game half a million times to reach the “true” ending. Hopefully the replays will remain as gripping as in the first game.

Anybody else playing Virtue’s Last Reward?

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-06-07

PM

I am. So far it’s even better than 999.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top