• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tesla Effect Story Discussion - SPOILERS

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2003-11-21

PM

Maybe she meant that she wasn’t sure “which” Tex you are? As in the bastard-Tex or the good-doer Tex. When you communicate through the vid-phone you don’t seem to remember her so perhaps that makes her unsure of where you stand now.
But I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just an oversight on their part, there’s a lot of unclear stuff going on that leave room for different explanations.

No good deed goes unpunished

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I finally could finish the game with “Chelsee Path” (don’t know how to call it). And that was the end I was expecting all the time. I guess Chelsee aged more than Tex… I’ve already finished it with 3 different endings. How many “endings” are in TE? And does someone know if there are videos of ALL endings (just the endings) in YouTube or any place else? I couldn’t find it.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

There are 5 endings across three paths.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2005-10-05

PM

You can watch the videos if you download and install RAD Video Tools and browse to ExternalData\Video in the game folder. There are five subfolders named EndSequence_XXX which contain the ending videos for each path.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I got the petrified forest ending, i kind of liked it, even though it was absurd and silly, and i didnt expect them to have a “saffyre ending”.. and its cool that they made endings that were substantially different.
Unfortunately i felt completely burned out with the game by the end. From sesen and on the game was just one slog through uninhabited corridors after the next. Its like the first half was a tex game, and the second half was more a game like amnesia.. and i like amnesia, but i wanted more tex.. and the style didnt work as well here as a game that uses it the whole way through.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

zane - 26 May 2014 11:05 AM

From sesen and on the game was just one slog through uninhabited corridors after the next. Its like the first half was a tex game, and the second half was more a game like amnesia..

In all fairness, that is actually quite common for the Tex games. For example in Pandora Directive you first have Roswell in day 6 and 7, and then the whole Mayan maze in chapter 9, both consisting of uninhabited corridors with no dialogue or interaction with other characters.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Iznogood - 26 May 2014 12:30 PM

In all fairness, that is actually quite common for the Tex games. For example in Pandora Directive you first have Roswell in day 6 and 7, and then the whole Mayan maze in chapter 9, both consisting of uninhabited corridors with no dialogue or interaction with other characters.

Yeah to a certain extent. But to me that part of the game felt like a smaller % of the time… also had some better interaction in between 7 and 9. And more importantly days 1-5 were more a thorough investigative/social experience. But maybe thats just how i remember it. I don’t remember feeling like i did in the tesla society… where i think if i saw one more lobby filled with plants and the same pastes of elevators and rubble i wouldv quit the game Tongue

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2004-02-17

PM

Iznogood - 12 May 2014 02:56 PM

I haven’t really found any major inconsistencies apart from a bit of crossover between the different paths, like when Ariel meets Tex at the resort, and he acts like he has never been there before, even though Tayler has given him the key.

I consider this a sort of a bug. It’s funny how when arriving to this scene on the Ariel path (Out of the Past), Tex calls the place “THE resort”, as if he knows it from earlier, which is impossible, and when arriving to this scene on the Taylor path (A Double Life), in which Tex knows the resort is his other place, he refers to it as “a place called the resort”, as if it’s some place that Ariel knows and takes him to. And in both cases, he’s not surprised that Taylor arrives there out of the blue, LOL. This was obviously due to time constraints.

Iznogood - 12 May 2014 02:56 PM
wilco - 12 May 2014 11:13 AM

A couple of questions that I have some doubts:

1- Why did Maldonado and Bauers killed Margaret? And cut off her head? To get her memories

1) I don’t think it was Maldonado, Ault and Bauers that killed her, I believe that was Johanssen, Dalton Fisk and Big Jim Slade. But the head was in the cryo box that Maldonado had, so it was most likely Maldonado that cut off her head presumably to get some information out of her brain.

wilco - 12 May 2014 03:59 PM

I thought Margaret was killed by Bauer/Maldonado - I think they mention something about double crossing and accident kill? through the game.

Actually, it’s explained quite clearly that Margaret simply died of a heart attack in front of Bauers and Maldonado, and then Maldonado cut her head off. Was anything different implied anywhere in the game!?

Frogacuda - 12 May 2014 07:50 PM

They didn’t. She died of a heart attack and they cut off her head in order to protect her memories.

That’s what I know as well…

Lucien21 - 12 May 2014 04:44 PM

4. She showed up in mine after the petrified forest part you see Tex phone her and you see and old cheless voice message. Tex leaves a regretful message and wishes her well with her husband.

Are you sure it’s AFTER the Petrified Forest segment? For me the voice message segment appeared BEFORE the Petrified Forest segment, right after the arrest segment. I’ve played the latest version, maybe they changed that in a patch? I’m asking because it’s also mentioned in the Tex Wiki:

Another ending show Tex confronting Dalton at the Petrified Forest BBQ with Saffyre (“To Have or Have Not”) and then later sends Chelsee who stays married to Ault a message to her videophone saying that he is unable to commit to her despite wanting to be with her.

The Steam ending guide, however, seems to support what I saw, since the title of this ending in the guide is - To Have and Have Not (Jailed/Shootout ending, Chelsee message between)

Joined 2004-02-17

PM

Karlok - 15 May 2014 05:42 AM

Thanks! I did go to the sewers after choosing Ariel, but I hated it there, I got killed a lot. So I went back to the Taylor-Ariel confrontation and chose differently.

Karlok - 17 May 2014 07:44 AM

Wilco, is there a quick way through those sewers? I hated them. Those splitter-splatter footsteps catching up with me!

LOL Grin

It’s actually not that complicated, there are only three morlocks in the entire maze, each of them run in his own fixed circular path. They don’t charge at you if you get near them, you should just avoid getting in their way.

I drew a map of the entire maze, including the morlock paths, if you’re interested PM me and I’ll send a scan of it to you.

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Welcome back, Aurebesh! Hope you stick around. Smile

Thanks for the offer but I left the Tesla sewers 4 years ago and I don’t plan on going back there anytime soon.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2004-02-17

PM

Karlok - 27 January 2018 10:23 AM

Welcome back, Aurebesh! Hope you stick around. Smile

Thanks Smile I hope so too

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Are you still collecting, Aurebesh?

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2004-02-17

PM

Well, I’m not trying to own every 3rd person point and click game anymore, only the ones I really want to play, but I AM considering these games as collectibles, so the answer is partially yes Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top