• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Big Fish Games - nerfed?

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2007-02-17

PM

So I was wondering if BFG sell causalized versions of full length adventure games e.g. Safecracker, Nostradamus, Return to Mysterious Island, Dracula Origin, Voyage, Scratches, AGON, etc..

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

BFG do have some full length Adventure Games to buy but they are the original games - well at least the ones I bought were!  Smile

Joined 2007-02-17

PM

chrissie - 22 January 2018 11:15 AM

BFG do have some full length Adventure Games to buy but they are the original games - well at least the ones I bought were!  Smile

I know they sell them, just wanted to make sure they are the original, full lengths version because I seem to recall they nerfed some games, e.g. Dracula 3 or some Sherlock Holmes game.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It was them or Microids that cut content from games for the mobile release? (Dracula series, Atlantis 2). Steam also sales these nerfed versions

Joined 2007-02-17

PM

wilco - 22 January 2018 11:35 AM

It was them or Microids that cut content from games for the mobile release? (Dracula series, Atlantis 2). Steam also sales these nerfed versions

Obviosly Microids, the trouble is they don’t mention it anywhere!

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I bought Safecracker from Big Fish in 2011 and it wasn’t “nerfed” at that time.
No idea if Big Fish is still offering an intact version though.

Big Fish’s version of The Secret of the Nautilus is definitely “nerfed” though—you can tell just by playing the demo that stuff is missing.

Unfortunately most of those games don’t offer demos, and most of the user reviewers aren’t familiar with the original versions.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ve never experienced a “nerfed” version of a game on BFG. If there are any, I think they are the truncated versions intended for mobile platforms other than PC and Mac. I know I got Sinking Island from BFG, and it was certainly the full version. I may have gotten Kathy Rain there as well. Don’t remember.The mobile “nerfed” versions are also found at GOG and Steam.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

I thought Big Fish Games only release really easy games? So I would not be surprised if they removed some of the harder puzzles from some adventure games.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

crabapple - 22 January 2018 05:06 PM

Big Fish’s version of The Secret of the Nautilus is definitely “nerfed” though—you can tell just by playing the demo that stuff is missing.

Unfortunately most of those games don’t offer demos, and most of the user reviewers aren’t familiar with the original versions.

The ‘BF version’ of The Secret of the Nautilus does clearly state on the download page that it’s Hidden Object. Smile
It seems that some Sherlock Holmes games + other selected adventures do now have a demo available - but whether they do or not you just need to check that the description is ‘Adventure’ & that it is a large file game which hopefully means it’s the full version. It does seem that dumbed down versions are the ones for handheld devices & not PCs until proved otherwise!

Donuts McGee - 23 January 2018 04:59 AM

I thought Big Fish Games only release really easy games? So I would not be surprised if they removed some of the harder puzzles from some adventure games.

Easy? You’ve obviously never tried Diner Dash! Laughing
Seriously, of the handful of full adventures I’ve bought from them (for PC) there’s no indication that harder puzzles have been removed.  Smile

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

chrissie - 23 January 2018 12:56 PM

The ‘BF version’ of The Secret of the Nautilus does clearly state on the download page that it’s Hidden Object.

It says that, but if you play the demo you’ll find it’s not a hidden object game at all.
It’s a stripped down version of the original adventure game, which is one reason the user ratings are low. Many of the reviewers expected a hidden object game and got something else.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top