• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieDalefurgottenIronCretinJdawg445kanaifurtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Games you would like to see remastered

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2018-01-22

PM

nomadsoul - 22 January 2018 04:55 PM

K7 is art piece, details are implicit for purpose

Meaningless is meaningless, calling it ‘art’ doesn’t make it so. Hardcore obsessed fans who played all of his ‘killthepast’ entries including Moonlight Syndrome time and time again can’t make any sense of most of it—they just get to a rough approximation that barely scratches coherence.

Don’t get me wrong, the main story is easy peasy but the rest is pure gobbledygook semi continuing a trilogy that Suda himself says are mostly connected by theme if at all. Luckily, Shinji Mikami applied all the skills he learned from the master Tokuro Fujiwara and whipped that game into something resembling fun. Atrocious writing doesn’t usually carry a game by itself, hence his recent failures—which he keeps blaming everyone but himself btw. Hopefully, people will also realize someday that Michigan wasn’t awfully campy on purpose.

I’m terribly sorry, it’s not my intention to turn this thread into a Capcom bashing one, but

Once they will exhaust all RE games, other franchises would be only bet to redone

See, what you’re forgeting here is the fact that we’re talking about Capcom. CAPCOM. Not even the numerous gullible buyers who fell for the lie that was DMC4SE will save Capcom from the gargantuan hole they digged. You’ll keep getting MonHun, REs and maybe they’ll throw you a bone with DMC5 and do count yourself lucky!

Now excuse me, you reminded me of my beloved BOF. Cry

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Bogie - 22 January 2018 09:17 PM

K7 is art piece, details are implicit for purpose

Meaningless is meaningless, calling it ‘art’ doesn’t make it so. Hardcore obsessed fans who played all of his ‘killthepast’ entries including Moonlight Syndrome time and time again can’t make any sense of most of it—they just get to a rough approximation that barely scratches coherence

K7 plot is wat i expect and wat i didnt, so never got annoyed or pissed, it works for fans of Suda, i love his storytelling, so not meaningless for me
His commentary of sociopolitical stuff is better than most games out there
How many games you can recount that deals with America vs Japan?
Fireworks in K7 is just like a precursor to wats NKorea doing to Japan with rockets

Then there is MPD arc, thats like movie Identity but only presented better creatively
The way game dealt with personas, it was stylish and substantial af

There is more, but over all it dealt with themes and went to places that i never find in other medium in one package, not mention all was wrapped in kick ass art style and Takada’s kick ass OST

Look at this artistry, i mean, also among top best VA in game

See, what you’re forgeting here is the fact that we’re talking about Capcom. CAPCOM. Not even the numerous gullible buyers who fell for the lie that was DMC4SE will save Capcom from the gargantuan hole they digged

Yes but they are redeeming

Re7 is back to its roots from re5/6 debacle
Bringing Megaman back even though they dont have old team
MHW looks great and promising
Remaster Collections are wat have been asked for
DDogma was great but DMC5 could be better

They are under staffed to tackle all, but i am sure its not worse than Konami or SEnix

Their only recent crime is DR4, but again they cant find western studio, and they dont have staff to do themselves

Now excuse me, you reminded me of my beloved BOF. Cry

Yea safe to assume thats dead, like Suikoden dead

Joined 2018-01-22

PM

nomadsoul - 23 January 2018 02:37 AM

K7 plot and themes

A theme is meaningless if the writing isn’t up to it. Also, gaming-wise or not, the Treaty of Mutual Coop is something that’s been done to death in Japan so…

Fireworks in K7 is just like a precursor to wats NKorea doing to Japan with rockets

Not even when B.Obama was in office and allowed NK to screw around totally unscathed, anything resembling Fireworks happened. The Hwasong-12 charade was the most it managed to achieve.

Look at this artistry, i mean, also among top best VA in game

Ah yes, the wacky & genius artistry of spamming “we’re in a thigh spot” ad nauseam. The sheer brilliance is overwhelming Tongue Well, to each his own. I’d imagine you probably enjoy the likes of Kojima which I find nothing but a shameless plagiarist and a total hack. We’ll never agree in this regard.

We’re going off rails here, this really needs its own thread.

Re7 is back to its roots from re5/6 debacle (1)
Bringing Megaman back even though they dont have old team (2)
MHW looks great and promising (3)
Remaster Collections are wat have been asked for (4)
DDogma was great but DMC5 could be better (5)

1 - I must be missing something here… How is copying every FP indie horror game in the last decade going back to its actiony-Alone in the Dark 1 ‘inspired’ roots?
2 - Being happy for that is whats called bottom feeding.
3 - Being a fan since freedom I’m having a hard time caring about it for tons of reasons, but as I wrote before, that’s MonHun—the only thing they care about besides RE.
4 - You have? Then you’re a fool, boy! :p As bad as preordering.
5 - DD was *alright and from 2012. Its potential is nullified by the drones who keep buying stuff like the glorified pre-alpha build that was SF5.

Yea safe to assume thats dead

Worse! It’s still writhing as an abysmal mobile game. Just please take it behind the barn and end it already Capcom. It’s too painful.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Bogie - 23 January 2018 09:42 AM

A theme is meaningless if the writing isn’t up to it. Also, gaming-wise or not, the Treaty of Mutual Coop is something that’s been done to death in Japan so…

link to 3 movies please or games so that i can enjoy those topics?

Ah yes, the wacky & genius artistry of spamming “we’re in a thigh spot” ad nauseam

Psychological battle was about repeated spamming of distorted remnants of psyche

We’re going off rails here, this really needs its own thread.

Yes

1 - I must be missing something here… How is copying every FP indie horror game in the last decade going back to its actiony-Alone in the Dark 1 ‘inspired’ roots?

Hmmm Outlast and Amnesia ripped off Clocktower, so it was capcom all along and i dont know your benchmark but Re7 is far from bad SH, atleast huge step in right direction than Re5/6
Play the game in Madhouse

3 - Being a fan since freedom I’m having a hard time caring about it for tons of reasons, but as I wrote before, that’s MonHun—the only thing they care about besides RE.

Wrong, there is SF too, SFV guy won 250k in amazing competition
Super duper hot scene in fighting esports

glorified pre-alpha build that was SF5.

Not anymore

Just please take it behind the barn and end it already Capcom. It’s too painful

Hey dont be harsh on yourself

the wacky & genius artistry

Joined 2018-01-22

PM

nomadsoul - 23 January 2018 01:39 PM

link to 3 movies please or games so that i can enjoy those topics?

Err “gaming-wise or not.” But why games or movies? Why not books or anime?  I don’t know what to say here. I just keep hearing or reading about it time and time again but I can’t for the life of me recall their titles and no way jose am I searching anime related stuff. Anyway, that was not the point I was making (i.e. read the first part.) But, no biggie. I’ll just give you this one :trophy:

Psychological battle was about repeated spamming of distorted remnants of psyche

Rubbish. You’d sell tons of contemporary art pieces with that jargon! Also, wouldn’t that make Iwazaru a total perv seeing as I mistakenly wrote ‘thigh’?

Hmmm Outlast and Amnesia ripped off Clocktower, so it was capcom all along

Only the last one was made by Capcom. You know, the one that added Sailor Moon-esque action scenes? Also, Friday13th was released before even Sweet Home which means Capcom ripped off Atlus? No wait, since we’re jumping decades like that what about 3D Monster Maze? Certainly the entire industry shamelessly copied Malcolm Evans!

RE7 fixed the previous games’ fixation with average industry standard TPSs by copying another modern average industry standard: the indie FP horror scene.

[Regarding SF5] Not anymore

As Confucius once said: “If one keeps throwing money at something it will eventually resemble a game; if one keeps paying sold out ‘competitive players,’ serfs will soon follow.”

IMG

And thus art museums began to fill to the brim with poo and used condoms.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

@sdude, there is samurai game this gen, you can try Nioh, its a great one too , its not as brutal as Souls
And Shenmue remaster is highly likely

From the reviews, I heard it is brutally difficult. I am just not skilled enough to beat games with brutal difficulty and honestly I am intimidated by them. As an example, the first Ninja Gaiden on the original XBox was lauded back then as an amazing action adventure and I remember reaching the first boss and giving up. How does this game compare in terms of difficulty?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Bogie - 23 January 2018 04:04 PM

As Confucius once said: “If one keeps throwing money at something it will eventually resemble a game; if one keeps paying sold out ‘competitive players,’ serfs will soon follow.”

Sorry man but i cannot put your comments over skills of Fox Tokido or Punk
I am sure you arent aware of scene

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 23 January 2018 04:15 PM

From the reviews, I heard it is brutally difficult. I am just not skilled enough to beat games with brutal difficulty and honestly I am intimidated by them. As an example, the first Ninja Gaiden on the original XBox was lauded back then as an amazing action adventure and I remember reaching the first boss and giving up. How does this game compare in terms of difficulty?

Wish there was a trial so you can check
Its easier than Souls
you have checkpoints close to bosses, you can use sloth spell to slow down bosses but getting spell is a thing later
Plus if you arent the type to get bored by samey enemies, you can grind better loot like diablo and go above lvl of missions req lvl

Its manageable but hard for sure than your typical slasher/rpg

You can grab it later for sale around 20$

Joined 2018-01-22

PM

nomadsoul - 23 January 2018 04:17 PM

Sorry man but i cannot put your comments over skills of Fox Tokido or Punk
I am sure you arent aware of scene

I know many ‘competitive players’ were caught blatantly shilling and those few with still an ounce of dignity exposed them and SF5 for what it is: a slow incomplete mess. Having a scene means jack squat when rejecting to kiss Y. Ono’s behind means buh-bye to ‘competitive players’ income.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Castigating every game and everybody is not an argument

If i have to sound like you
‘BoF is a bad rpg, good thing capcom got rid of it, they didnt know what they were doing , making poor man’s versions of SSoft JRPGs, its better to fantasize Lauren Bacall than Sato’

Joined 2018-01-22

PM

nomadsoul - 23 January 2018 05:27 PM

Castigating every game and everybody is not an argument

If i have to sound like you
‘BoF is a bad rpg, good thing capcom got rid of it, they didnt know what they were doing , making poor man’s versions of SSoft JRPGs, its better to fantasize Lauren Bacall than Sato’

hihi I read “castrating” instead. I thought I’d underlined the specific issues I had with whatever we talked about you whinning weaboo Crazy

You named Bacall, Sato and BOF in the same sentence. That’s a win in my book!

~Getting the thread back on track~

SH Remastered Collection HD Revengeance, from 1-4
Just name it “The Apology,” Konami or whatever is left of your carcass.

Total Posts: 221

Joined 2003-11-10

PM

I would love to see some old 3D RPGs remastered.

KOTOR, as mentioned in another thread.
Morrowind, as a solo experience

And most of all : Anachronox

Then there are a few 3D AGs that I guess could beneficit from a remaster too, like Simon the Sorcerer 3 or Gabriel Knight 3.

I would also like to see remakes of old Sierra and Legend which used text imput. Like Larry 2 and 3 and Space Quest 2 and 3.

Joined 2018-01-22

PM

Ninth - 24 January 2018 11:06 AM

Last time I checked the GOG version worked like a charm. What would a remaster do here? Less jaggies? It’s nice to find a fellow Anachronox fan to keep me company in those cold rainy nights when I agonize over Grumpos.

Total Posts: 221

Joined 2003-11-10

PM

Bogie - 24 January 2018 03:44 PM

Last time I checked the GOG version worked like a charm. What would a remaster do here? Less jaggies? It’s nice to find a fellow Anachronox fan to keep me company in those cold rainy nights when I agonize over Grumpos.

Maybe I’m confusing remaster and remake.
What I meant is I would love a graphically up-to-modern-standards version of Anachronox.

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Ninth - 25 January 2018 06:27 AM
Bogie - 24 January 2018 03:44 PM

Maybe I’m confusing remaster and remake.
What I meant is I would love a graphically up-to-modern-standards version of Anachronox.

I played the gog version of Anachronox a few years ago, so maybe they’ve fixed it by now. But I ran into a major game bug, and I ended up having to replay a pretty good sized chunk of the game to get past it.

That kind of thing could really use a fix/remaster/remake.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top