• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Star Citizen - Space Scifi epic

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Cant imagine this running on current gen without issues or dec detail
Wasnt excited until they dropped this ambitious and immersive Singleplayer demo
VAs,Music, Graphics, Actors(Markhamil) are like KS money well spent, hope they finish it without getting bankrupt, as they continue to add more shit

Also would be nice to see how Starfield(if it exists) stacks up against this

This is gonna be future of gaming looks like, expansive Space open world

Scene where chatter is going(32:20) in isolated crater with beautiful music is something i always imagined in ME or Destiny Heart

Its pre alpha, some hot jank , but incredible potential

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I backed it when it was a kickstarter campaign and what was shown looks good but not holding out it actually comes out anytime soon so I stopped reading about it.
Still find it weird how much money they made selling ships or something.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

exactly my favorite franchise of all time wing commander came from chris roberts aka the guy that is doing star citizen and I have little faith that it is ever fully coming out. I think he is the type of developer that needs a publisher telling him when enough is enough, bc he will just keep going without ever turning in a final product. his last big game before this was freelancer and he couldnt get it out so eventually him and microsoft went different ways and he went into movie producing for awhile.

as far as the demo the graphics look amazing and the story seems interesting, the main character’s voice seems robotic and while it is a demo the AI of the enemy seems very suspect to say the least

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2018-01-22

PM

wilco - 26 December 2017 06:48 PM

I backed it

Poor man. Are you guys still hopeful for it? Aren’t there enough red flags already?
Better brace yourselves for the disaster that will eclipse both DoubleFine’s and Inafune’s antics.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Bogie - 22 January 2018 01:57 PM
wilco - 26 December 2017 06:48 PM

I backed it

Poor man. Are you guys still hopeful for it? Aren’t there enough red flags already?
Better brace yourselves for the disaster that will eclipse both DoubleFine’s and Inafune’s antics.

At least I backed the lowest tier, not like I bought a $1000 spaceship or something Smile

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2018-01-22

PM

wilco - 22 January 2018 05:10 PM

At least I backed the lowest tier Smile

Oh well, we all enjoy lighting a cigar with a 10$ bill every now and then.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

if this game ever fully comes out in the next 5 yrs I might eat a hat lol

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2005-04-15

PM

I have been testing it for some times now and particpated to a degree but am having some doubts due to the poor performace of the alpha on the highest system (mine)  ..lag, jagged movement, errors, doors not opening, ships being hard to control , star map not showing up, extensive griefing (people sneaking on your ship behind you and killing you once in flight, random PKing, little enforcement of rules, and huge showy interiors that mean nothing are not in any way realistic ships. They promise the story line soon but ..well we will see.

do NOT buy expensive ships for such a chancy game. I love Chris Robert’s past work, but thi sseems to be a huge expensive ponzy scheme. i hope not but ...

well nuff for now

Chris

Admin
3D World and Game Developers Group Linkedin
“We Build Worlds”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top