• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Aggies 2017

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Not until next month but its a tradition of bringing it in early.

without any order or categorization those adventures which could worth mention that year or at least getting my votes.

Paradigm
Thimbleweed Park
What Remains of Edith Finch
The Journey Down
The Sexy Brutale
Four Last Things
Memoranda
XING: The Land Beyond
The Dream Machine
Darkside Detective
Tacoma
Inner World2
Syberia3
Detention
CAYNE
Wardrobe
Black Mirror
Night in the Woods
Darkside Detective
Gorogoa
>Observer
Neofeud
Captain Disaster
St Christopher’s School Lockdown
Dangaronpa V3

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tough year to choose, think Thimbleweed Park will take it since I don’t think What Remains of Edith Finch and Night in the Woods are eligible.
Darkside Detective and Paradigm deserve some recognition because of the comedy writing but think ThimbePark is a all arround better gamer because of the puzzle design.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 13 January 2018 08:51 AM

Tough year to choose, think Thimbleweed Park will take it since I don’t think What Remains of Edith Finch and Night in the Woods are eligible.

Why wouldn’t they be eligible?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 13 January 2018 10:25 AM

I think games that don’t have a rating in the review are not eligible, at least in the last 2 years it was like that.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 13 January 2018 10:30 AM

I think games that don’t have a rating in the review are not eligible, at least in the last 2 years it was like that.

if you are talking about the BEST of all, the best of the year, then you are right, but they could win the category (don’t remember its name) for those kinda games, it was there last year.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

No puzzles = not eligible.

Advie is quite correct. Any game that didn’t get a scored review is ineligible for the main Aggie categories. (Could still get a “Silver” as honourable mention, mind you.)

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Jackal - 13 January 2018 11:47 AM

I didn’t know that. Games with only dialogue choices, like The Wolf Among Us, are eligible even though they don’t have puzzles.

Any game that didn’t get a scored review is ineligible for the main Aggie categories. (Could still get a “Silver” as honourable mention, mind you.)

I guess I won’t be voting.

EDIT: Tacoma is unrated and Gone Home got 4 stars. I don’t remember any puzzles in Gone Home.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 2070

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Advie, you forgot Gorogoa. Easily the “best puzzles” and “best concept” winner.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Doom - 13 January 2018 12:54 PM

Advie, you forgot Gorogoa. Easily the “best puzzles” and “best concept” winner.

Added, thanx Doom!

Total Posts: 1076

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I can’t recognise you anymore Advie,list means you didn’t play Observer,how come?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 13 January 2018 12:47 PM

I didn’t know that. Games with only dialogue choices, like The Wolf Among Us, are eligible even though they don’t have puzzles.

Any game that didn’t get a scored review is ineligible for the main Aggie categories. (Could still get a “Silver” as honourable mention, mind you.)

EDIT: Tacoma is unrated and Gone Home got 4 stars. I don’t remember any puzzles in Gone Home.

The change in policy was for the 2015 Aggies I think, that’s why Wolf Among Us shows up and Telltale stuff is absent the next year.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Gabe - 13 January 2018 01:18 PM

I can’t recognise you anymore Advie,list means you didn’t play Observer,how come?

i have forgotten, just that.
thanks my man

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I don’t see the distinction either.

wilco - 13 January 2018 01:36 PM

The change in policy was for the 2015 Aggies I think, that’s why Wolf Among Us shows up and Telltale stuff is absent the next year.

Would Edith Finch qualify for “Best Non-Traditional Adventure” then?
What is meant by “Non-Traditional?”

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i don’t wanna get into a debate with Jackel, or either sound like Hypocrite who once could ve killed the story-driven game if it was a man.

but i have learnt in my life that what we defend is wht we like or love not what is righteous, i once hated Pink Floyd, David Bowie, and The Who, tho many i knew liked them so!!

the point is there is always something at things others like and you/we dont, and as my brother told me once ‘Hate is loving someone too late’, we stand offended for our taste not being liked or even noticed by others, or more we could go to hate the person who would dislike our likes, so i had to learn to repect (the least) what i dont like, unless its its against our humanity.

I ask Jackel and Calimonk to conder to give up on the site definition that was made almost 20 years ago, human gave up on their prespective to Gays and Lesbians; cant we give up to on out old ideas?

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

crabapple - 13 January 2018 01:56 PM

I don’t see the distinction either.

Like wilco said and Jackal has mentioned before on these forums, they changed their policy sometime after The Wolf Among Us was released to only give a score to adventure games with puzzles.

I did enjoy this year the story-driven, non puzzle-oriented adventure games more than I did the puzzle ones, so my pick won’t be my ideal choice.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

crabapple - 13 January 2018 01:56 PM
wilco - 13 January 2018 01:36 PM

Would Edith Finch qualify for “Best Non-Traditional Adventure” then?
What is meant by “Non-Traditional?”

The ones that do not involve puzzles as I understand it, so yeah, Edith Finch would qualify for “Best Non-Traditional Adventure”.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top