• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

BLands 2 is so good that I played the Vita port and still had a lot of fun with it.
Can’t see another existing without Game as Service stuff butting in

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 13 January 2018 09:06 AM
SoccerDude28 - 13 January 2018 02:44 AM

10/10

Grin

Wow didn’t realize they made an RC Claptrap. So cool Cool .

wilco - 13 January 2018 09:13 AM

BLands 2 is so good that I played the Vita port and still had a lot of fun with it.
Can’t see another existing without Game as Service stuff butting in

Take 2’s approach towards microtransactions has been awful and they even have their own name for it….

Recurrent consumer spending.
https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/8/16623052/take-two-recurrent-consumer-spending-microtransactions-gta-online

Just look at the review of NBA2K 18 on Steam that sits on Mostly Negative.
This is an excerpt of a user review on Steam:

This is a fantastic game… if you’re willing to open your wallet. The gameplay is outstanding, but 2K’s greed is nearly unbearable, and ruins an otherwise excellent game. I hope the microtransaction greed does not continue in future versions of the game.

I really hope they don’t ruin B3 with that crap.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Blands3 will mix MT/GaS with loot boxes weapons
DLCs they already make like anything
I would be fine as long as there are enough guns to go through campaign and Blands procedural weapon tech is way better than Destiny , both in variety and design

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 13 January 2018 01:24 PM

Blands3 will mix MT/GaS with loot boxes weapons
DLCs they already make like anything
I would be fine as long as there are enough guns to go through campaign and Blands procedural weapon tech is way better than Destiny , both in variety and design

Yeah, they do have golden keys right now in Borderlands 2 that you can use to unlock a box and get rare loot, and they gave me 7 free keys. I tried to use a couple of them and although they give you some amazing weapons/gear for your current level, as you play the game you will actually unlock even better gear so it is truly optional. I even sold some of the weapons they gave me because it was just not good enough at higher levels. I have no problems with this system at all. Also the game itself without the DLC’s is big enough, and the DLC’s are either cosmetic like character clothes/skins, or give you more levels and stories to play in if you want more of the game, and they are all reasonably priced.
As long as they don’t change any of this like make the procedural weapons you get in the game way crappier than the ones your open with golden keys, or increase the grind to level up your character, I am fully on board.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I got fatigued and after last boss loot , had to drop some existing cool weapons as IIRC there is no storage box
Plus there were so many creative weapons, i was like , i am done thanks Randy

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

DarkSoul3 , Ashes of Ariandel , Ringed City

50hrs, now helping others in coop, maxed out 6 weapons, 3 of them are boss weapons

- Bloodborne engine now fine tuned with more details, at times unmistakable lighting and much smoother with less jaggies

- OST beats all SoulsBorne game also i loved it more than most of the games out there probably in my top 5 best OST

- Incredible bosses, just incredible ...lore and story attached to them make them far more real and heartfelt

- So BB had trick weapons, DS3 introduces extra moves, modifiers with L1 or L2
  Huge variety of weapons with great movesets and some Bosses yield 2 weapons

- Complex questlines, which are very to miss..and not all can be done in one playthrough

- Extra optional areas with great effort

- It takes all of experience of past soulsborne game and created best paced, focused and precise game , includes all great elements of past FS games Demon’Souls,EternalRing, KingsField and Darksouls

- Each character can have lore, nothing is there for just filler or throwaway content

- Coop is super fun and best way to farm souls, more easy with password if you have friend

- Only issue is loading, but it doesnt load that much, plus graphics are great enough to warrant this much load on PS4

- Leveldesign is best of best, both in aesthetics,lore and inter-connectivity

- Game really shifts to decent to fukin amazing form mid point onwards

- I am glad i didnt finish it all immediately after BB, was fatigued with similarity, with clear mind and decent gap i was able to digest it better

- Music is 50% of its soul, and this game has more soul than most of media out there Smile

- Incredible final battle to end the arc or trilogy until next DS

Verdict

Miyazaki is my fav Dev, mad genius, he operates on another level, Mikami to ueda are dethroned Smile

Demon’sSouls = DS3 > BB > DS1 > DS2

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Resident EVII - Biohazard

Just over 12 hours to complete.

Resident Evil 1-4 are some of the best games around. 5-6 sucked.

Fortunatly this game harks back to the 1st and 4th games in the series and I loved it.

Pros

* Beautiful and horrific house visuals. House and levels are creepy as hell.
* 1st person and sound design added to the creepyness.
* Story was great. Pulled back on a lot of the convoluted storylines from previous games.
* Great characters in the Family with some fantastic voice work.
* Boss fights were different and vary in difficulty. Each are pretty clever in design and tactics.

Cons

* Resource management can be a drag.
* You are given a choice towards the end that makes no real sense. I picked the obvious one so not sure how the other one goes.
* The late character reveal is stupid but doesnt really affect the game.

Great reboot of a classic series.

4.5/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2018-01-22

PM

It might seem I have a bone to pick with RE7 (shut it nomad!) but

Lucien21 - 23 January 2018 05:16 PM

Fortunately this game harks back to the 1st and 4th games in the series and I loved it.

Excluding ‘visuals’ and ‘resource management’, nothing of what you’ve listed were in the first 3 games and RE4 was a completely different beast from those so why the need to validate your enjoyment of the game with a bull PR statement? Foot in mouth

Honestly, I think it harks back more to Initial D.

Total Posts: 221

Joined 2003-11-10

PM

My last finished game, not counting AG, should have been Hollow Knight, which is also my favorite non-AG of the last year.
Unfortunately I never could muster the courage to launch the final boss fight, so after 40+ hours of mixed anger and awe I kind of let it drop. And now with the difficulty of this game being what it is I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to finish it.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Welcome to the forums Ninth Smile

Total Posts: 221

Joined 2003-11-10

PM

nomadsoul - 24 January 2018 02:57 PM

Welcome to the forums Ninth Smile

Thanks !

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2018-01-22

PM

TEKKEN 7

This successful series was never a serious contender to replace the greats but always did a fairly solid job, although admittedly it has been losing some steam for a good while, Tag2 notwithstanding.

Realizing this, Bandai Namco mixed things up by adding modern staples such as special attacks (here appropriately named Rage Arts, this after all being a game known for having a Majin Vegeta in every corner), an underage japanese idol and a new slowmo feature for the stream-howling crowds.

Unfortunately for me, the Rage Arts™ is something I could really do without seeing as it rewards players for playing badly and interrupts the match every time so we can watch a character strike a pose not unlike America’s Next Topmodel. It tends to sour the TEKKEN experience but that’s what the masses demand and they won’t rest until every game converges into a singl… sorry, moving on.

The roster has some weird omissions like Lei and Zafina—probably too old for Harada—but it’s still big and varied enough with the added bonus of allowing us to dress up robots in tutus; the new ones didn’t do anything for me but the Geese DLC looks indeed tasty.

The story is… still there.

Ultimately, TEKKEN is still delivering what it always promised: a full package (which nowadays is a blessing.) It will never topple the magnificence of VFighter5 or even the great DOA5 (nothing beats that chinese Home stage) and like the latter it’s a step back from previous entries but it takes a lot to ruin its time-tested formula of bears vs ninjas so get it if you don’t mind the changes. 

Wait! Nevermind, I forgot it doesn’t have Mokujin. Don’t buy this trash!

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Had this game for ages and never played it. Not entire sure that wasn’t the right idea after all.

I was pumped for this when it was first announced, the initial trailers were pretty decent.

Unfortunatly I don’t think the game lives up to the interesting premise. Ghost detective had potential to be fun. Use spooky powers to solve crimes, walk though walls and possess living people (and cats).

In practice though the game ends up being a fairly bland, not very challenging nine hours. There were intersting side stories to solve, however the main storyline is a very standard and predictable.

2.5/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Shadow of the Colossus Remake

Sotc was my top fav game of all time and for many others, Bluepoint had tough job but they absolutely nailed it

Sound Design is incredible, environments SFX is great but Colossi sounds is just amazing

Graphics are way enhanced with new tech for physics and rendering , plus added parts for colossi, more organic and lifelike, some of them have bigger size
Its breath taking to fight them, some of the poor old ones are one of the best ones like the Geyser(Basaran)

Environment and landscape are complimented by amazing af lighting engine
Better art direction/lighting than Horizon
Painstaking detail to replicate old with new, not losing TeamIco style

Controls are more polished, no slowdown, less clunky ness

OST is as classic and timeless as ever, home cinema mode ...total fanservice

Only issue is Wanda’s hair and facial detail is a step back from original
And Last boss is still worst of them all

Spent more time taking pics (you can pause the game anywhere, even in cutscenes for photo mode), total 6 hrs on normal

Verdict

Quit all game sessions, buy this and finish it
Best remakes along with REmake

BP has amazing engine, i want Demon’s Souls remake on this engine

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Shadow of the Colossus Remake

8hrs 40 mins.

Agree with most of what Nomad said.

It’s a fantastic remake of one of the best games ever. Looks fantastic, sounds amazing and there are some little improvments in the controls for a better experience.

There are still issues. The world although nice to look at is a bit too empty. The controls are still a slightly janky, making for frustrating a feck battles when you horse wont behave or the camera gets in the way etc. Especially the damn final boss, I fell off him too many times and climbing back up was a pain.

The boss battles are mostly fantastic, each a puzzle of sorts. How to get at the weak points, how to get through their armour or get them within reach to jump onto. It’s fun as hell.

Love it.

5/5

Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top