• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Welcome Coutinho. Neymar leaving was blessing in disguise. What a midfield Barca is gonna have. Treble loading. Messi gonna stat-pad lol.

Sorry for telegram-style writing.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Origami - 06 January 2018 11:44 PM

Welcome Coutinho. Neymar leaving was blessing in disguise. What a midfield Barca is gonna have. Treble loading. Messi gonna stat-pad lol.

Sorry for telegram-style writing.

Expected at this point, price is ridiculous but that’s how it is now. What I don’t understand is the timing, La Liga is in the bag and he can’t play in the Champions League, they were afraid the price would go up in the Summer. But good for Porto, one less to worry about in the CL.
Next up, Hazard or Kane for more stupid amount of money.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

Liverpool FC must be a really terrible club to play at, with all their players wanting to leave for Barcelona (Suarez, Coutinho).

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 07 January 2018 05:45 AM

Expected at this point, price is ridiculous but that’s how it is now. What I don’t understand is the timing, La Liga is in the bag and he can’t play in the Champions League, they were afraid the price would go up in the Summer. But good for Porto, one less to worry about in the CL.
Next up, Hazard or Kane for more stupid amount of money.

I don’t understand it either. Some say Barca wanted him before WC because he wouls become more expensive. Not sure if that is true.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

cyfoyjvx - 08 January 2018 09:37 PM

Liverpool FC must be a really terrible club to play at, with all their players wanting to leave for Barcelona (Suarez, Coutinho).

it just invests in players and then sells. bc it needs money to pay for the legendary establishment,

and its not being owned by a Sheikh whos sitting on a trillion$$$, look at the matter from a bit larger scope and you will see how good a team Like Liverpool is.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Advie - 11 January 2018 11:24 AM

it just invests in players and then sells. bc it needs money to pay for the legendary establishment,

and its not being owned by a Sheikh whos sitting on a trillion$$$, look at the matter from a bit larger scope and you will see how good a team Like Liverpool is.

Klopp said he tried everything to convince him to stay. They clearly didn’t want to sell at any money.

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

What a bizarre statement… “all their players” - 3 players in 7 years (including Mascherano in 2010) unless I’ve forgotten someone - and I can’t actually think of any players who’ve made this move otherwise? - to one of the richest, most successful and glamorous clubs in the world, an insanely large pay packet, virtually guaranteed silverware and rather better weather than you get in the UK!  Plus the lure of Barcelona to South Amercan players in particular (the 3 players in question being from Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil of course).  Really not convinced this is evidence of an endemic problem at LFC!!

It’s a pity we couldn’t hang on to Couts longer but his head and heart were clearly already in Catalonia.  If we do what we haven’t done for many years - actually reinvest the money in the squad in an (hopefully) inspired or at least useful way, we should end up stronger as a result.  He’s going to take some replacing though, that’s for sure.

What WILL be interesting is what happens if the likes of Barca and RM try coming for our African players (of which we seeming to be building a rather formidable talent base) - in theory the Spanish clubs don’t have quite the same pulling power for them, but of course if a club like that takes an interest in any player, clubs are going to struggle to keep hold of them.

Sunday’s match should be interesting to say the least!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

del. wrong thread Smile

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Advie - 12 January 2018 09:47 AM

del. wrong thread Smile

Cool  Cool

I can’t believe I only just noticed Salah was your avatar.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

CaptainD - 12 January 2018 12:31 PM
Advie - 12 January 2018 09:47 AM

del. wrong thread Smile

Cool  Cool

I can’t believe I only just noticed Salah was your avatar.

is that a good thing Laughing

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

I’m assuming it means you’re a fellow Red?
In which case yes, definitely!! Smile

Otherwise it basically just means I’m unobservant.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

CaptainD - 12 January 2018 12:49 PM

I’m assuming it means you’re a fellow Red?
In which case yes, definitely!! Smile

Otherwise it basically just means I’m unobservant.

He is Egyptian, so yeah for now he is a fellow Red.

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

It’s a good enough reason I guess?!

Are you from Catalonia yourself?  Or a Barca fan from elsewhere?

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

CaptainD - 12 January 2018 02:02 PM

It’s a good enough reason I guess?!

Are you from Catalonia yourself?  Or a Barca fan from elsewhere?

Barca fan from somewhere else. Lived in Barcelona for a little while though.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

CaptainD - 12 January 2018 08:32 AM

What a bizarre statement… “all their players” - 3 players in 7 years (including Mascherano in 2010) unless I’ve forgotten someone - and I can’t actually think of any players who’ve made this move otherwise? - to one of the richest, most successful and glamorous clubs in the world, an insanely large pay packet, virtually guaranteed silverware and rather better weather than you get in the UK!  Plus the lure of Barcelona to South Amercan players in particular (the 3 players in question being from Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil of course).  Really not convinced this is evidence of an endemic problem at LFC!!

It’s a pity we couldn’t hang on to Couts longer but his head and heart were clearly already in Catalonia.  If we do what we haven’t done for many years - actually reinvest the money in the squad in an (hopefully) inspired or at least useful way, we should end up stronger as a result.  He’s going to take some replacing though, that’s for sure.

What WILL be interesting is what happens if the likes of Barca and RM try coming for our African players (of which we seeming to be building a rather formidable talent base) - in theory the Spanish clubs don’t have quite the same pulling power for them, but of course if a club like that takes an interest in any player, clubs are going to struggle to keep hold of them.

Sunday’s match should be interesting to say the least!

Geez, you reds sure are sensitive about everything! Go find an Oslo pub and have a drink or two to settle yourself down

Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top