• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

luckyloserTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Sonic Mania

Amazing remake, sort of , combination of old and new, new is better served as surprise with each level offering unique boss fight
Many of my old fav Zones have returned
Great music
Feels are not far from wat John Carpenter said

https://www.destructoid.com/director-john-carpenter-loves-sonic-the-hedgehog-even-the-werewolf-one-472111.phtml

Underwater level was indeed hard, esp the boss is anal, you miss lives you have to restart Zone again
Later zones like Oilocean, Lavareef etc are even more harder
Music is great, amazing remixes, nostalgia overdose

Verdict

Best Sonic game or among best with Sonic2,Chaotix

9.5/10

Cuphead

Created indie thread with this game and after delays , 3 years? Art still holds up
It will hold up forever like it had been since 30s
Painstaking work, gameplay is serviceable shootemup , trial and error not as hard as
Treasure games or genesis,snes or arcade shooters
Very short, could have used more stages without boss rush

8/10

StreetFighterV

Good Season1&2 upgrades, some great characters , Zeku is incredible
Great outfits but many behind paywall or stupid grind
Bad servers, take too long to load, connect and lags are rampant
Tight gameplay, combos and balance
Winning fights online is rewarding if opponents dont rage quit or if match is lag free
Money making is linked to mundane pathetic grind activities which are daily online ones
You get 2000 FM for one activity where each stage is like 70k, and costume 40k, characters are way more pricey, so even its free on surface, amount of fatigue takes its toll
Story mode is shit
Music is hit and miss

Verdict

For hardcore and continues to improve with new stuff and characters
Not bad for 40$

8.5/10

Syberia 3

Huge disappointment
Sitting and getting ready to like it with clean mind forgetting all good games around
Nope, cannot help it
Textures are super weak, i dont think going 3D helped it in anyway
Old exotic and beautiful rendered backgrounds of S1&2 are now cheap bland ones lacking any imagination
Lip synch is super off, like those movie sub titles which are not synched properly
Sometimes mouths dont even animate
Unrealistic puzzles, stupid at times
Sea monsters and supernatural shit , was it same universe?
Tribes were good enough for S2, dragged and not interesting here, weak development of tribal folks, and Kate is now a errand runner, devoid of any life or development
To top it off throwaway Tombraider,uncharted villains and cliff hanger ending
What a mess

5/10

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider

How a bad an unoptimized engine can ruin any game, Dishonored 2 disappointed me on so many levels, even the story and characters were badly written

In Outsider DLC, everything is turned around
Immediately i noticed huge improvement in gameplay, no input lag, IIRC Friction shitty meter also removed, now its back to Dis1 smoothness

Colors are better, no muted palettes, super smooth gameplay, no sluggish slowdown and variable framerate

Characters are my fav from original, fleshed out with incredible performance by both
Rosario Dawson and M Madsen, loved Madsen’s voice texture

Plenty of lore and world building, new writers helped alot

Powers are awesome af, very over powered at times, here they have included Ubi games drones/eagle type power to scout and mark enemies, but hard difficulty option settles it, moreover its optional, you can always suit your style

Incredible artistic and atmospheric level design, far too much detail

Amazing music score, credits revealed composer had died .. RIP

Bonecharm augmentations are great

For 30$ 10+ hrs game, its well worth it

Verdict

Met all my expectations while removing issues i had with Dishonored 2
Don’t know if series will continue, i definitely want to see one last game, they have opened gates to new stuff, but even as last game, its going out on high note

10/10

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Wolfenstein II

18 hours 40 mins

Machine Games have turn this up to 11. Rocking metal soundtrack, fast paced combat and a obsurb plot that swings from Racism to comedy and pulls it off.

Pros

* Bonkers storyline that works really well with decent characters and heady topics. The version of the USA is frighingly realistic, with tails of abuse and racism. However there is a very funny dark comedy mixed into every cutscene. This game goes to some weid places and locations.

* Fergus is great.

* Weapons are meaty and dual weilding packs a punch. The engine moves at a pace and is smooth as hell. Not quite as good as Doom but pretty close.

* Great levels from a bombed out New York, to New Orleans slums to ******* (spoiler late level)

* In between levels you are in your u-boat base which is full of secrets and little side missions. It’s a fun place to hang.

* There is a lot of after game things to do with assassination levels or replaying locations.

Cons

* This has 6 difficulty levels with Medium being the 2nd. Seeing as there are a couple of sequences that are bonkers difficult on medium this game is hardcore. Dual Weilding and constantly moving is the only way to survive at times. (Courthouse and final level ARRRGGGHHH)

Frustrating gameplay at times, but it is made up with great characters and a fantastic story.

4.5/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Nex Machina

Scratched Contra ps2 itch, 10/10 music , smooth gameplay which improves upon Resogun and just pure fun shooter
Short like 1 to 2hr
But high replay value like old arcades, will finish in all difficulties better score
You can local coop for more fun

Very well justified 9$ purchase
Game is on sale right now, if you liked Resogun, Superstardust or twinstick shooters its a must play

9/10

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

BulletStorm Fullclip edition

Left it incomplete last gen due to terrible framerate and muted textures on 360/ps3
Caved in for remaster as i always wanted to finish it

Luckily we got some of the best face uplift , soccerdude can vouch as he liked the pics Wink

Right off the bat, graphics(lighting, texture quality) improvement is noticeable in many areas
Secondly framerate is 60fps

With new makeup , scenery comes to life and enemies can be sorted out in environment
With new framerate, its more easy to perform myriad of combos
It looks beautiful than wolf2

Game is very refreshing, mechanics are cool, doesnt feel like any other FPS
Slide is like Vanquish, Leash is like scorpion hook that pulls enemy slows time, you can kick for bullettime too, and use these moves to mix combos with environment or direct weapon kills

Super fun weapons with added charge augmentations , changes the nature of playout
Game encourages you to experiment combat and create havoc, it rewards xp which you use to buy ammo and upgrades
Best Sniper in any FPS, lets you detonate bullet and maneuver it like Wanted(comics)

Gory and profane presentation, crude humor all along, great writing and solid B movie cheese

Some epic setpieces, still blew me away even as remaster

Great variety of enemies, even if you feel bored you can change your gameplay setup to experiment new things, environment hazards help alot too

One boss fight was insanely cool

Only issue is that your allies block your slide by randomly coming in your way

Verdict

Solid long campaign , game was steal at 20$ but i would recommend for even 40$ if you havent played it and fan of FPS games, its oldschool + new stuff ( made by Painkiller guys some of the talent is now on Witchfire)

Found it way more entertaining overall and fun gameplay wise than Wolf or Destiny series or even recent Doom

Remasters/Remakes are blessing tbh , you can feel last gen was holding stuff back

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2017-12-18

PM

Last finished game? That’d be Xenoblade Chronicles 2. It’s one of my new favorite RPGs ever.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Just finished COD WWII. Took 2 days Wink

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Breath of the Wild is one of the best games I have played in years. It is the first true open world Nintendo game(that I know of), and they got it down better than companies that have been doing open world for ages. From the moment you leave the starting area, you can go freely anywhere in the map, even going straight to Hyrule Castle to face the game’s end boss if you so choose, although you will probably get your ass handed to you if you do that.

Their use of physics is also the best I have seen in a game. Everything in the world behaves realistically like its real life counterpart. Every surface is climable as long as you have enough stamina and as long it is not raining and slippery. Your bombs have weight to them, and they roll down slopes, get blown in the wind or stuck behind an obstacle. Electricity hurts much more in water, you can set grass on fire to burn your foes and dry grass burns better than green one. You can roll a big boulder to take down a group of enemies down below, use ice to fight a fiery foe, or fire to melt ice. If you are holding metal, lightning has a much higher chance to strike you. And the cool thing is that it is all procedural and non scripted, which means that you can tackle any one given situation in a plethora of ways.

There are so many things to do in this game. There are more than 100 optional shrines to discover, lots of them presenting you with an ingenious puzzle that uses the games physics to solve. There are various side quests that range from simple to elaborate, there is a robust cooking mechanic, or you can just wander around killing monsters and looking for better weapons or materials. The highlights for me are the main quest dungeons you’ll need to navigate, and I won’t say much more to avoid any spoilers, but suffice it to say that they put adventure puzzles to shame.

The presentation is also top notch, with the whole game looking like a gorgeous oil painting brought to life. The music is epic and the orchestral soundtrack matches the mood in the game nicely.

The game is huge, and it took me more than 200 hours to finish the game with most of its sidequests and its DLC and hours upon hours roaming around and killing monsters for fun. What is most impressive though is that with 200+ hours of gameplay and with a very complex physics system and a gigantic world to explore, I did not face a single glitch in the game. Not one. Nintendo are the masters of quality and in no other place does it shine as brightly as in this game.

Overall, if you love video games you have to play this one. A master in engineering and game design and a future classic.

10/10

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

which are your top ten best games of all time , updated list?

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 23 December 2017 04:55 PM

which are your top ten best games of all time , updated list?

That is a tough one as it varies based on the mood and the time of day Smile At this time, It would probably include(without including adventures as I am biased to those):
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Half Life 2, Beyond Good & Evil, Psychonauts, Uncharted 2, The Last of Us, Shadow of the Colossus, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Red Dead Redemption, and Okami.

What’s yours?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 23 December 2017 09:28 PM

What’s yours?

Taking out the games that i have tried again and which havent aged well with time, updated list looks like this

Shadowofthecolossus, Demon’s Souls, OkamiHD, Bloodborne,DishonoredDefinitive Edition, Darksiders2 Remaster, CastlevaniaSoTN, Killer7, Persona5 and Vanquish PC

Best Indie game ever ECHO

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 24 December 2017 01:00 PM
SoccerDude28 - 23 December 2017 09:28 PM

What’s yours?

Taking out the games that i have tried again and which havent aged well with time, updated list looks like this

Shadowofthecolossus, Demon’s Souls, OkamiHD, Bloodborne,DishonoredDefinitive Edition, Darksiders2 Remaster, CastlevaniaSoTN, Killer7, Persona5 and Vanquish PC

Best Indie game ever ECHO

These are some really solid games. I have to admit I haven’t played Demon’s Souls or Bloodborne as I keep being told how unforgiving they are(and I suck at beating tough games), and I still need to get on board Persona 5. Having just finished a 200+ hour game, I am wary of playing another 100+ hour but maybe sometime in the future.

If I want to take out games based on how badly they aged, I would probably take out Psychonauts, BG&E and Sands of Time due to the first two’s less than ideal camera, and the third’s wonky fighting system. I would add instead Mass Effect 2, Bioshock and Dishonored.

Oh and for my indie of all time, I have to give it to my man Ori.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Hob

It has ICO type story elements and puzzles
Metroid progression of opening new areas and backtracking with new powers
Oldschool Zelda view and combat only better

Beautiful soundscape and genius level design, 10 hours, lots of slow exploration and how expansive the world is , got me by surprise

The way everything is integrated, you raise worlds, solve puzzles, shortcuts, fast travel etc like many games out there, here the complexity of world design takes the crown

Some solid bad marketing, this game is incredible
Found it better than Metroid Prime 2&3 and all of Zeldas

These guys can easily make next best Metroid game with more budget and time
Nintendo should have bought them
Missed opportunity, most likely didnt even know they exist

Its fascinating how indie scene has changed, many junk gets sales while games like Echo and Hob get shafted

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Okami HD PS4

Beautiful art design and music
Smooth framerate and amazing upgrade
Brush gameplay is now more better with 95% success than 70% of lastgens

Masterpiece, timeless,still one of its kind, this is what gaming is all about in its best possible rendition available now, if you havent played it before you owe it to yourself to try it
Tech was holding it back, it was really made for ps4

We need remasters more than new games, since new titles arent that bold like old days
DeusEx to Silenthill remake/remaster them all

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

finally got around to beating uncharted 4, like all naughty dog games it is beautiful. the story was good not great, the puzzles were meh, and I actually didnt like the gameplay all that much. I think also im just tired of the uncharted formula of adding a new element than using it way too much from than on. in 3 it was hand to hand combat, in 4 it was sliding down things and the rope. Still a fun game but I give it an 8 to 8.5 overall

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top