• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Let’s Play: Rise of the Dragon

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 19 November 2017 11:04 AM

. Not hard, although I spent ages in the sewer pixelhunting to get the wires just right.
[/img]

Just had this problem, couldn’t get the last wire right… but done now, not rat food anymore!

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I never got a chance to become rat food, electrocution came too swift and easy. Did you notice that you must place the wires when the dials are in the green area? Well, I didn’t. Shifty Eyed Got that interesting little fact from a WT after I’d died two dozen times and solved the problem by trial and error.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m currently playing Heart of China because I got both games at the same time at GOG and I always assumed it was better than Rise of the Dragon. I will finish it, but so far I don’t like the writing much.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 23 November 2017 06:40 PM

I never got a chance to become rat food, electrocution came too swift and easy. Did you notice that you must place the wires when the dials are in the green area? Well, I didn’t. Shifty Eyed Got that interesting little fact from a WT after I’d died two dozen times and solved the problem by trial and error.

I noticed it after some time mostly because putting the wire in exactly the same place would kill immediately only sometimes. After finding that when putting it in the wrong place it would give a couple of seconds to remove it when putting in the wrong place. Became rat food trying to find that last place after multiple tries.

Another annoying thing is I wish the exits were more visible, took me some time to find the warehouse after... But at least there’s a big explosion! Those little bombs sure are handy.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The warehouse isn’t always accessible. It is at first, then it isn’t for a while. Must be intentional, to stop you from blowing it up too soon perhaps?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finished it. Game loses interest in the second part. After the talk with the mayor it’s almost just skipping time until the rushed ending 2 arcade sequences with a couple of puzzles in-between cookie fortune puzzle? lol. It did took me a bit of time to save Karyn.

Game was mildly disappointing, it does look great like a comic book in a dytopian future (like the different metro scenes) but the story and characters are pretty cliche and not very interesting.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yes, it looked quite promising at first. But I’m not sorry I played it.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

One thing about Rise of the Dragon, at least it’s better than Willy Beamish Smile

What about Heart of China, finished it?
Not going to play it right now but might another time.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 26 November 2017 06:04 PM

One thing about Rise of the Dragon, at least it’s better than Willy Beamish Smile

I’ll take your word for it.

What about Heart of China, finished it?
Not going to play it right now but might another time.

No, still at the beginning. Are you going to continue your Sierra play list?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 26 November 2017 06:31 PM

No, still at the beginning. Are you going to continue your Sierra play list?

Yes but slowly since not much time at the moment. Took me almost 2 weeks to finish this one and it’s pretty small Neutral

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Finished Heart of China. I’m afraid I liked Rise of the Dragon better and I gave that one 2.5 stars. Cliches, insipid conversations, uninteresting story, no puzzles. 

Fighting on top of the Orient Express must be popular among game designers. To be fair, Heart of China came first.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top