• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What Remains of Edith Finch

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Oscar - 24 May 2017 09:07 AM

You talk as if Edith Finch had any more than exactly zero challenge to it. And I’m starting to get the impression you didn’t understand Virginia’s story. Was it too complicated for you?

I am coming from Killer7 and other stuff(not restricted to one genre) which makes Virginia a justin biebers project

Just because some body can put up random artistic cutscenes, doesnt make it deep project
Same sentiments shared in reviews
And the problem is not restricted to story, its hardly a game, even less control than TTG

You know those people at Paris galleries, constantly staring at vague art and making philosophies out of it…you are giving too much credit to Virginia Devs…

Hey lets put some cutscenes together and art lovers will fall for it and will think its an art, no words no control, just random lynchian shit
Remove horse, put another four legged animal

Put some lodge/dream shit
Red curtains
Put some singer in red dress(trope beaten to death)
Put some masked cultists
Oh wait murder investigation too
And ofcourse a rural or interstate town
list goes on
But unlike a long game with some originality of its own like Deadly premonition , it just blatantly rips off
Virginia

Twin Peaks

And control+interactivity is not equal to challenge…any random guy on street can tell which title playing with interactivity and mechanics more and yeah like HeavyRain thats a plus

You cannot progress medium if all you can do with it is make movies and novels, because you can do both of them without games as medium
Precisely the reason why you love verb games, fmv games like contradiction and now virginia and reason why you brought babylon5 on my Horizon review

On other hand i play to interact not watch a movie, despite say for the sake of an argument , story is really really good

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

And finch won

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

nomadsoul - 08 December 2017 12:13 AM

And finch won

Well deserved! Smile

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

thats what i was talking about, this recognition of Finch as an adventure game as much as it makes us happy the niche people, and others too, i remember this quote ‘exactly’ as its stuck in my mind! and strangely i do not remember who said it

when you think you’re onto something special, it’s kind of cool when it’s a small group that only you enjoy about, but as it becomes larger it doesn’t feel so elite anymore, so people leave it behind.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top