• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

KatieHal - 17 October 2012 12:16 PM

No, if you fail at disarming it, he dies after your fight with Cain. If you solve it, it doesn’t go off at all (but he does still die from wounds he’s already taken).

Ah. When I failed the first time, I noticed that the story seemed to go the way it was supposed to, so I thought that it was intentional that you should fail it

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

I enjoyed the demo.  I especially liked the style of the cutscenes and the background art.  I’m a little less thrilled with the character models and the voice acting of Erica Reed.  But she might grow on me.  I like the interface and I especially liked the cognition game mechanic and how it is incorporated into the puzzles.  I imagine this will be utilized to good effect in the main game.  The game seems pretty dark, which is a plus to me. 

Normally, I wait for things to be out for a little while and pick them up on sale, but I’m going to go ahead and preorder this.  I think it’s important to support new developers branching out like this.  Looking forward to the release.

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

Thoughts:
+ Comic book style looks gorgeous
+ Cognition gameplay mechanic looks like it will be fun
+ Story shows potential
- Didn’t like Erica Reed’s voice, maybe it will grow on me
- The cognition mechanic could be more streamlined, it takes three clicks rather than the one it should to say use cognition on an object.
-Some animations were choppy.

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2010-10-14

PM

HitBattousai - 19 October 2012 03:22 PM

Well, the tip wilco gave about Erica not “needing” to use the shovel got me through the rest of the demo.  If you need more, you talk to your partner and get him to follow you, then have him use the shovel instead and if your issue is exactly the same that should get you through the rest of the demo.  The negative is that you won’t be able to see the ending cinematic, though you can use a video player and access it in one of the game folders if you wish.

Thanks, I’ve converted the videos to AVI and watched them (but it was without the audio).

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

TheLongestJourney - 21 October 2012 11:25 PM

Thoughts:
- The cognition mechanic could be more streamlined, it takes three clicks rather than the one it should to say use cognition on an object.

Yup, I think the interface can be simplified. When cognition mode is on, we should be able to just click an object directly. Not sure why we need to click the object and then click again to confirm it.

Also on that note, it should be easier to change the current active inventory item. Maybe bound to scroll wheel to cycle objects or something. When you get stuck and you want to try all items in the inventory (yes, it happens!  Laughing ) then its annoying to click the inventory, select another object, try it out, then do the whole thing again and again for each item.

Related to that, but on the good side, I like how the items in the inventory will highlight if you can do a particular operation on them. Avoids the need to randomly try every action on every item.

Total Posts: 121

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

The number of clicks is also connected to how her power develops later in the episode—she learns new ways to use it that require more clicks. So it was partly so that later on, one-click wouldn’t trigger the wrong version of the power.

That said, we’ve had other people mention that as well—something we’ll bear in mind for the future!

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2009-04-26

PM

Where can I download the demo?

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i had a feeling that might be the case, neat. The main thing i would do is get rid of the confirm click. So you just pick a power, and then pick a target. But maybe theres more of a need for it than i can see at this point (like selecting multiple targets).

Total Posts: 121

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

JH: You can download it from any of the retailers selling it, or from our site (which also points to said retailers): http://www.cognitiongame.com

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2005-04-18

PM

Hey guys,

We have some fresh previews coming in.

You can read all about it here:

http://www.postudios.com/blog/?p=2135

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2009-04-26

PM

KatieHal - 23 October 2012 04:03 PM

JH: You can download it from any of the retailers selling it, or from our site (which also points to said retailers): http://www.cognitiongame.com

Working now, thanks!

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Bump reminder to get those preorders submitted.

I wonder what the exact release time will be? I’ll be watching my email like a hawk.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

inm8#2 - 29 October 2012 04:56 PM

I wonder what the exact release time will be? I’ll be watching my email like a hawk.

theres at least a chance it could be affected by the hurricane. I seem to recall at least part of the team is based in boston.
Anyone know if episodes will be sold individually, or only the season pass?

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2005-04-18

PM

Hey guys,

The game build is in the distributors hands, so as soon as they make it available. As for the backers… very soon.

People in charge of that aren’t affected by the storm fortunately, so, keep your eyes peeled Smile

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

according to gamersgate it uses securom. Are there any non-securom versions?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top