• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanchrissieKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Detroit: Become Human - new game by Quantic Dream

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am buying the game day one. The game looks great to me!

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I went into that EuroGamer interview with an open mind but here was my breaking point:

I’m not disputing that at all. The concern I have is that it’s using something like domestic abuse and child abuse - which is a very real issue for unfortunately far too many people - and using it as window dressing rather than exploring the ramifications of those issues.

Hey Andy Rooney, no one cares what you think. We’re reading the article to learn more about the game’s features, story, world and themes. Definitely bring up why a game trailer is focusing in on depictions of family violence but this isn’t the forum for a protracted conversation on ‘violence in media’. It’s a PR puff piece to get slobs like me to preorder. “Choose your spots”

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Now i got a flak for supporting Jim not so long ago
But here he is coming as Hero executive with not holding back on adult vision
Instead of going on backfoot he nailed it as it is

“We showed a lovely range of games [at the Media Showcase] last night,” Ryan replied when asked for his take on the reaction during an exclusive interview with The Telegraph.

“The Last of Us obviously is a game made by adults to be played by adults. I should never prejudge this but it will probably be rated 18, I think it’s fair to say. And there’s that market for those people who like that sort of game. Adults who like that sort of game. And I think we cater for that, and at the other end of the spectrum there was Concrete Genie, which my eight-year-old decided was the game she would like to play very much.

“I think a platform holder provides a platform and the people who make games, whether they’re our own studios or third-party publishers, they bring the content to the platform. We provide the platform. We have to ensure the right content is played by the right people - of appropriate ages in particular. I thought The Last of Us Part 2 was a great way to end the show and I feel very good about it.”

When asked about the lack of context surrounding the clip in question and whether video game publishers have a responsibility to couch such content in a different way, Ryan replied: “I think what we’re trying to do is to portray qualities of the various games we had on show. And I think it is difficult when you have a clip of four or five minutes to synthesise a gameplay experience that can be measured in the tens of hours.

“And, again, the studio was seeking to portray a game that will be rated as suitable for adults to play and that’s what we did.”

Ryan went on to say he couldn’t speak for The Last of Us developer Naughty Dog’s intentions with the clip but when asked if he thought it was the right thing to do to show it at the Media Showcase, replied: “I do. Yeah, I do.”

More here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/news/playstations-jim-ryan-defends-last-us-2-trailer-game-made-adults/

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Game keeps getting delayed. Now Dec 2018.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Cage commentary with emoootionsss

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

A bit of heat coming Quantic Dream’s way in light of allegations of overworking staff and a “schoolboy” culture of smutty behaviour. Trigger warning: Source is Eurogamer.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-14-david-cage-and-quantic-dream-shocked-by-allegations-of-unhealthy-studio-culture

That thumbnail for the video above is pretty ridiculous. I couldn’t view that at work.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

thejobloshow - 14 January 2018 07:43 PM

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-14-david-cage-and-quantic-dream-shocked-by-allegations-of-unhealthy-studio-culture

Cage has triggered people who have now no biz but to burn him down
I guess Detroit will be crucified on release by eurogamer,polygon types

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

We could try and predict the headlines for reviews that are coming.

“The spectre of real world misogyny can’t eliminate the virtual spectres in Detroit: Become Human” - Polygon

“Detroit may become human but when will Cage?” - Kotaku

“By allowing David Cage to breathe oxygen, Sony is complicit in rape culture.” - EDGE

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

“Its 2018 but David is still in Cage” - Eurogamer

Btw Sony has banned the journo who published the first story, now no more freebies for him

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

“And penis with farting testes on the wall” - I want to see a video news reporter saying this with a worried face.
Game is going to get so panned in the reviews…
Eurogamer issued a correction in the translation, they were so hungy to report it, they messed up.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

cage was already lambasted for his writing
now he has got diversity cast but still got in other controversy
If game will have some undertones stereotyping or doing wat doesnt feel right for some segment,add another level of digital lynching

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So my speculation half right

It’s 2018! This behaviour has long been unacceptable!

What we do (or at least should) know, is that regardless of whether the pictures involved were from 2013 or 2017, behaviour that promotes Nazism, racism and homophobia is disgraceful and should not be in society, never mind the workplace. If you disagree with that then I can’t help you, and frankly, don’t want to.

https://www.heypoorplayer.com/2018/01/16/quantic-dream-unhealthy-studio-culture/

When Ndog was underfire nobody dragged them to hell, aahhh favoritism

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Nah, it’s not favouritism, just a change in popular zeitgeist. It’s cool now to hop on board the finger-pointing bandwagon and pretend like it mattered to everyone all along.

(To be clear, racism, sexism, and other repulsive “isms” ARE important issues and SHOULD be condemned. They should ALWAYS have been condemned. I’m just explaining why so many are suddenly tripping over themselves not only to join the movement, but to be SEEN joining it. Better late than never, but certainly a bit disingenuous.)

I’m not convinced that it’ll affect reviews. Magazines have a commitment to their readers to be impartial. The good ones will still honour it. Assuming criticism is going to be based on personal bias is rigging the results beforehand.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Thats a good thing that other employees standing up

https://gametransfers.com/employees-quantic-dream-defend-studio/

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I won’t comment on the sexual allegations because they are all allegations at this point, but I found this piece from shittygamer hypocritical.

Quantic Dream leaders David Cage and Guillaume de Fondaumière are accused of inappropriate behaviour, overworking staff

That is every single gaming company on the planet. Why is David Cage’s company being singled out for this?

Also from a wider perspective, there seems to be a reverse discrimination movement happening in the game industry right now. This Collin video about cyber-bullying sheds some light on it:

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top