• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG’s Rock Community

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

for those who dont know what diego is capable of..

i think he could star at action movies as well:P

here’s another covering

hope he won’t kill me for sharing these Pan

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 21 December 2016 09:33 PM

Haha Diego my man.

Nomad, if you liked the vocals ‘Seif Khouley’, listen to him here..

Damn hard to believe he is not US local
Listening to him you cannot figure out he is egyptian
Great vocals

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie - 05 February 2017 01:47 PM

hope he won’t kill me for sharing these Pan

I won’t. I’ll pretend everything is OK and then I’ll invite you to my gig (or come at yours) and THEN I’ll kill you.  Crazy (with a guitar in the head Wink Grin )

In other news, found out today about this guy and his fellow drummer - pretty amazing stuff!!

And one funny clip - you should never get too long in eye contact with a band member!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Advie - 19 September 2013 06:48 AM

Gregg Allman Heart Eyes Meh Damn!!

RIP Gregg

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

EUROPE are Back!!!

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Went to see Metallica at the Glasgow Hydro last night.

It was awesome.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Shame on you all for none of you discussing my fave band

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 28 October 2017 10:41 AM

They’re good, although I prefer stuff like King Crimson and Comus. Do you listen to any of the newer prog bands?

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Henke - 31 October 2017 05:03 AM

They’re good, although I prefer stuff like King Crimson and Comus. Do you listen to any of the newer prog bands?

Not really, none of them compare with the old.

RIP Malcolm Young btw Sealed Lips

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 18 November 2017 04:52 PM

Back in black.. and sorry if that sounds too cliche or inappropriate, but anyway there isn’t and will never be no genre as the 70s n 80s Rock (musicians ) that can kick that long.

RIP M.Young

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I don’t get out too much in the evening but managed to catch The Undertones last week at the Koko Club in Camden (previously Camden Palace… London) - they were pretty impressive & not quite pogo on zimmer frames just yet: 
Teenage Kicks

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

RIP Malcolm Young btw :X

Most of them obviously mix it with some newer metal/rock genre. Whether you like it or not mostly depends on how you feel about the particular brand of modern stuff that each band have.

Because of that the biggest downside is that most aren’t as innovative as the old bands were at the time. Some however tries to mix several different modern genres and tie it all together with the classic progressive elements. There are a few bands who have actually managed to create some interesting stuff in recent times IMO.

The latest ones that blew me away were Dreamarcher. They mix black metal, stoner rock, hardcore punk, drone metal with jazz fusion drumming.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Henke - 10 December 2017 08:34 AM

Most of them obviously mix it with some newer metal/rock genre. Whether you like it or not mostly depends on how you feel about the particular brand of modern stuff that each band have.

Because of that the biggest downside is that most aren’t as innovative as the old bands were at the time. Some however tries to mix several different modern genres and tie it all together with the classic progressive elements. There are a few bands who have actually managed to create some interesting stuff in recent times IMO.

The latest ones that blew me away were Dreamarcher. They mix black metal, stoner rock, hardcore punk, drone metal with jazz fusion drumming.

I haven’t heard of either bands mentioned until now, but the songs Headycakes posted are practically masterpieces compared with this. I’m not intimately acquainted with the genre, but I assume the basis of “progressive” rock is the flowing movement of progression in the song. To the extent this is true, the Dreamarcher composition is clunky and repetitive with little sense of real flow or dynamic progression that those Yes compositions have.

Some bands should just stick with simple rock music where you don’t need much songwriting talent or brains, just the ability to rock and roll.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Which are your favourite videos? Making a top 10 here was just as hard as making one for Adventure games for me.  Grin

10. AFI - Girls Not Grey
Gorgeous video that is highly stylized with some influences borrowed from Anime.

09. Tool - Sober
Great stop-motion animation.

08. Xasthur - Walker of Dissonant Worlds
This video highlights a very important issue and it’s hard not to get affected by watching it.

07. REM - Losing My Religion
Combines many styles and the symbolism is very strong.

06. Behemoth – Alas, Lord is Upon Me
Also has very powerful symbolism which combined with the music makes for a breathtaking video.

05. Sigur Ros - Glósóli
A very moving video about childhood.

04. Mastodon - High Road
I’m sure many can relate to this video to some extent. It manages to convey a rollercoaster of emotions.

03. Metallica - One
The song combined with clips from the movie it’s based on makes this one of the best anti-war videos ever made.

02. Isis - Holy Tears
It’s impossible to watch this to the end without feeling anything and the feeling will be immense.

01. Old Silver Key – Burnt Letters
Greatly drawn video with symbolism and combined with the music packs an emotional punch like no other.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

that is a hard question for me since i do not follow new rock bands or videos but i still can answer it with my old knowledge for rock videos.

10. Bon Jovi - Livin On a Prayer

9. Guns N Roses - Sweet Child O’Mine

8. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication

7. Queensryche - Speak (live)

6. Tool - Sober

5. Twisted Sister -I Wanna Rock

4. Damn Yankees - High Enough

3. Pantera - Cemetery Gates

2 -Megadeth - Sweating Bullets

1- Alice In Chains - I Stay Away

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!