• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

RemySefirVeovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

why i didnt like the book of unwritten 2

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i dont know but isn’t playing the same locations over, and over with different characters is too boring… ‘l.o.c.a.t.i.o.n.s’ i guess its about it, with every new location there are always new possibilities;  not the new point view from/of a different avatar what would concerns me! hell no.

and its too way apparent they did this lower the cost, but they didnt they think they are reducing the fun too.

i cant deny that Wilbur parts were magnificent.. but what this makes out of it(for me), it means that if i will be fair i d give 1/3 of the game the best score, and throw the rest of the game into the trash. 

... there even was a pointless part/trip where you they get Nate to go to Ivo’s Elfburrow just so they wouldn’t miss a character not visiting one of the locations of the game…
as if there was a constitution they agreed on before developing that the game’s and each of the three heroes must have a full route tour to visit all the game’s touristic location and attractions .

i think this KILLED the game, it a major mistake at the core of the developing, it exceed graphics , animations and whatnot. sorry this game was the worst (IS) of KING Art Games. And i think i know why

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks for your very astute impressions of the game Advie. I played the 1st one which in my mind was way over-hyped & yes, I enjoyed it, played it to conclusion, it was engaging enough but actually not really my scene. So after that I wasn’t interested in either this sequel or the ‘intermediate’ Critter Chronicles.

I don’t know how to say this properly but I always appreciate the work that goes into a game but always be, developers, true, & don’t be tempted to jump on the bandwagon!

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2015-07-23

PM

Odd - I liked the sequel as much as the first game (which is to say - quite a bit, though not overwhelmingly so).

As for location reuse - I really don’t mind that as long as there’s something new and fresh about the revisited location - it gives the world a more “whole” feeling than if it’s just a stream of non-repeating rooms, too.

Critter chornicles was a bit cash-iny, though, yeah.

The only time location reuse really ticked me off was in (not an adventure game) Trails in the Sky SC which pretty much was a copy-and-paste job of Trails in the Sky. Nobody else but me seemed to mind, though, so I dunno.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top