• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

I’m assuming that’s because of the financial situtation in each country being so different. If you made a game in San Fransico (Broken Age), you’ll be lucky if a small budget gets you anywhere. Where as a lot more can be done with the same budget in Japan or most of Europe etc

Probably not Germany mind. They’re horrendus to the self-employed and small businesses. I hear France aren’t much better either.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Things are getting scummier

Next gen millennial gamers are gonna grow up in some shady gaming environment

SG59 - 19 October 2017 01:20 AM

I’m assuming that’s because of the financial situtation in each country being so different. If you made a game in San Fransico (Broken Age), you’ll be lucky if a small budget gets you anywhere. Where as a lot more can be done with the same budget in Japan or most of Europe etc

Probably not Germany mind. They’re horrendus to the self-employed and small businesses. I hear France aren’t much better either.

Yes and considering so much of stuff is being outsourced to Brazil and India they can trim down costs even more
Companies can benefit alot from globalization

Infact many companies migrate to Canada for same reason, lots of tax rebates and money channeling in by govt for games industries but attracting talent becomes issue
US is ripe for better talent pool esp Cali

Same reason i am less worried about Japanese based Evilwithin2 success as compared to Austin and French based Studios of Arkane giving underperforming SP games

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

You have to be very careful with globalization for that very point mind. It takes jobs away from one country to another purely because they can get it cheaper. This applies for people moving around too.

Still, none of that matters when automation kicks in Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Supposedly it was amazing too Frown

Would be amazing if someone leak gameplay so that fans should triple down the hate on EA

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So all the champions of Radical left on neogaf, who made it hell for TimSoret after his recent video on Lastnight, didnt know that Ceo of Neogaf himself was pretending as Male feminist to cash in some booty, same case like Winstein of Hollywood who also was renowned Male feminist

Neogaf is currently down, 10 mods have already left and others leaving

Here is the briefing of what happened

Life comes at you fast

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

Don’t know anything about the owner, but the site going is sort of a blessing. As the video said, the site was once a great place for news, revealing wrong doing and for insider info, but it’s also had this underline negativity and vile hyperbolic attitude that made it horrible to visit at times.

The chances are, they’ll just move to a new site mind.

Update: Looked into the site more. Glad it’s gone. What a disgusting attitude the mods had where they’d ban anyone who didn’t agree with them.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I was browsing there when it started to go to hell, incredible how fast it went, just dozens of threads calling out the owner and the remaining mods trying to lock everything up. Other mods just bailing out without saying anything. They said a statement would be out but 2 days have passed and it’s still down…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SG59 - 22 October 2017 08:57 AM

Update: Looked into the site more. Glad it’s gone. What a disgusting attitude the mods had where they’d ban anyone who didn’t agree with them.

Check this vid, for radical leftists if you are neutral its tacit approval
The tools gaffers used to lynch people are same tools that took them down,Karma is bitch

Never use to post there for same reasons, seems like they accumulated 4chan type of extreme bigots who will go an extra mile to vilify and harm others

What i find puzzling is that this statement from accuser, she got harassed in april
Broke up with real boyfriend then had physical relationship with neogaf ceo before June E3 i mean after the harassment and breakup within a month or so?

https://kotaku.com/neogaf-goes-dark-after-sexual-misconduct-allegation-aga-1819755151

I dont get it Pan

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 23 October 2017 07:09 AM

Check this vid, for radical leftists if you are neutral its tacit approval
The tools gaffers used to lynch people are same tools that took them down,Karma is bitch

Yep, the horrible treatment of was a symptom it was spiralling out of control in the last 2/3 years or so, mass bannings good members because of different opinions.
I liked some of game communities and the football community but a lot of members would eventually get banned because of random stuff…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So called only first party champion of graphical showcase for X is destroyed by Gtsport graphics

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 23 October 2017 12:04 PM

So called only first party champion of graphical showcase for X is destroyed by Gtsport graphics

GTSports looks amazing, the screens I sent you don’t do it justice.

Here’s an article on all the neogaf drama

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/qv384d/inside-the-sexual-misconduct-allegations-rocking-neogafs-last-48-hoursd

They’ll need a all new mod team if they ever come back

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Damn 15k worth of transactions, no wonder the greediness

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-23-manveer-heir-bioware-mass-effect-ea-monetisation

Also he says its a default setup for now for EA and thing that brought Andromeda down

I thought ME fanbase consisted of scifi story lovers but i was wrong

wilco - 23 October 2017 05:05 PM

GTSports looks amazing, the screens I sent you don’t do it justice

Indeed lighting ,replays and car models are something, even though i am not high on Car sims, i will give it a run later on sale

Here’s an article on all the neogaf drama

Man so much drama

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Neogaf is back online, check the no of bans and posts LMAO

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452075

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Joined 2005-09-29