• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #44: Paradigm

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

No! I’m really not that smart!  Laughing

Advie - 15 October 2017 08:41 AM

ok assuming we are all outside Paradigm house, the task now is to get a map and play until all the locations on the map are shown.

But to find all of the locations you have to investigate the ones you have access to initially so in keeping with that when I found the rest I investigated them too (which didn’t take long anyway) - you never said not to so I already had everything I needed & it seemed quite straight forward!  Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

chrissie - 19 October 2017 11:15 AM

ok assuming we are all outside Paradigm house, the task now is to get a map and play until all the locations on the map are shown.

But to find all of the locations you have to investigate the ones you have access to initially so in keeping with that when I found the rest I investigated them too (which didn’t take long anyway) - you never said not to so I already had everything I needed & it seemed quite straight forward!  Smile

but all locations reveals themseleves after finding the 2nd, so saying

playing (the task) is to get a map and play until all the locations on the map are shown

now you have to look into Oxford* dic and tell me what ‘until’ means exactly
if not Oxford what is the most reliable English dictionary in whole world?

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 19 October 2017 12:20 PM
chrissie - 19 October 2017 11:15 AM

but all locations reveals themseleves after finding the 2nd, so saying

playing (the task) is to get a map and play until all the locations on the map are shown

now you have to look into Oxford* dic and tell me what ‘until’ means exactly
if not Oxford what is the most reliable English dictionary in whole world?

Sorry, bad me!  Pan I see, I should have stopped when all the locations showed up on the map - yes, you made it clear!  Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ok,so you start last, next round… whatever the hell that is! Laughing

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Okay, I won’t start until next Wednesday!  Laughing

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

All the locations are now open on my map.  So far, I’ve loved all the references to other adventure games, and the humor in general is very good.  Choosing not to use fast travel was fun, especially the reference to Rocky since I’ve climbed those stairs myself.  I also like being able to click on everything and get a funny response.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ll be quite honest, a lot of the humour in this game is not my kind emerging from underneath a pair of giant buttocks & along with the presence of a suspicious stain didn’t amuse me but might make me laugh in another context in another game but certainly not in this game. I don’t like any of the characters either - I just DON’T CARE! I am struggling to be engaged although I like some of it, but I love the graphics & the nice game-play so I will continue a little longer hoping it will be worthwhile in the end!  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

chrissie is too classy for krusz

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sometimes you don’t know how wrong you can be! Laughing

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i didnt laugh too and i finished the game, but i think it was me in a time comparing to Kelvin & The Infamous Machine, which (i played right before i started Paradigm)  paradigm shines differently and especially in taking you thru the puzzle a bit by bit until the end whhere 2-3 puzzles at the end, they ce gotten the more harder.

if we mentioned puzzles we must praise its story/narrative and gameplay which deserve full mark! they played it riskily to launch a 90’s adventure today.

remember when Tim Schfer was talking about wanting to make a game likes it have been missed outta Lucas ADVENTURES, BUT saddley he wasnt even close at
.. but paradigm have   done it not about LucasArts part bu but adventure coming outta of 90s straight just as it…............  already been made and had escaped all of us completely list where

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Chrissie,
I agree that the scatological humor is a bit juvenile, but there are so many other bits that are funny that I can forgive it.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Lady Kestrel - 19 October 2017 04:33 PM

Chrissie,
I agree that the scatological humor is a bit juvenile, but there are so many other bits that are funny that I can forgive it.

On this occasion Lady kestrel I have to disagree as for me there was very little that was truly that funny ....if anything?  Smile

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

chrissie - 19 October 2017 05:09 PM
Lady Kestrel - 19 October 2017 04:33 PM

Chrissie,

On this occasion Lady kestrel I have to disagree as for me there was very little that was truly that funny ....if anything?  Smile

The humour is a tad sophisticated for the average american, I agree Wink

Although, if you go to the developer Jacob Janerka’s website he has some ideas for a Seinfeld adventure, so maybe there is something for you to relate to!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’m ready, cones have flown.

Humour is a little hit and miss which usually happens when there’s a ton of jokes everywhere but I’m mostly enjoying it. Mr Cone (TM) was a good one.
I like how every object has a possible interaction that results on a joke, like the constant trying to “pick up” objects - “Ice Ice Baby”

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Cones flew and cones run! Yes, it was kinda straightforward. I’m ready for the next chapter too. Smile

Things I like most so far: The different interactions. This is one of those “try everything on everything” games to hear all the different quotes. Nice pick up lines too. I also read all the duporganisers. I don’t know if they are of any use. I have to note however that there is no lo.go//.comwebsite anymore to sent my credit card info, thus the poor ghost is doomed… Frown
And yes, of course I made Paradigm to walk all the way in the not-drug dealer’s house.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top