• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckychrissieDale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Overclocked A History of Violence

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2003-09-27

PM

Dear All,

Can anyone guide me I bet Overclocked a History of Violence is based on a book.

I am these days reading a noven in Urdu Language which is a translation published back in 1980’s and I am unable to find any original refrence to the original book or the author.

I request all of you if any of you can guide me regarding the original book.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

As far as I know, Overclocked: A History of Violence isn’t based on a book.

The film A History of Violence is based on a comic, but that’s unrelated to the game.

Joined 2003-09-27

PM

I am reading this book in Urdu Language published in 1980’s and I bet the game is adopted from this book.

Just need some other refrence to prove.

[spoiler]http://www.mediafire.com/file/v7xj637y7nq8qun/Pagal+Khana+[kutubistan.blogspot.com].pdf[/spoiler]

I have posted that book URL in spoiler tag as well.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

heh, Martin Ganteföhr the dev of Overclocked writes books so its impossible that he make a game from some other author.

Joined 2003-09-27

PM

Advie - 17 October 2017 11:52 AM

heh, Martin Ganteföhr the dev of Overclocked writes books so it its impossible that he make a game of some other author.

Please read this book tillfirst 50-60 pages or ask a friend who knows Urdu then he will explain you the plot.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

usman - 17 October 2017 11:54 AM

heh, Martin Ganteföhr the dev of Overclocked writes books so it its impossible that he make a game of some other author.

Please read this book tillfirst 50-60 pages or ask a friend who knows Urdu then he will explain you the plot.

well i can ask Martin himself, he is like a friend on FB (i d say) always answers me, tell exactly what the book name is and who wrote it and when published again??

Joined 2003-09-27

PM

Advie - 17 October 2017 11:58 AM
usman - 17 October 2017 11:54 AM

well i can ask Martin himself, he is like a friend on FB (i d say) always answers me, tell exactly what the book name is and who wrote it and when published again??

Dear I have posted link to the book it’s name is “Pagal Khana” (Asylum in English Translation) it was written by Maqbool Jahangir and was published in 1980’s.

These days I am reading this book just brought randomly and suddenly realize the similirity in the plot of both game and the book.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

done, lets hear from him before we jump into assumptions

Joined 2003-09-27

PM

Advie - 17 October 2017 12:44 PM

done, lets see hear from him before we jump into assumptions

Thanks Advie now awaiting for his response.

Total Posts: 71

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Hi usman, it’s me, Martin. I wrote Overclocked.

I assure you that the game is definitely NOT based on said novel. I’ve never heard of it before.

It’s funny, though, I remember that when we published the game, someone sent me the novel Shutter Island by David Lehane, with a sparse handwritten note saying that I’d surely find it “interesting”. I hadn’t heard of that book either (and the movie starring DiCaprio didn’t exist).

So, yeah. These things can happen, I guess. Smile

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

deleted cause there’s no point anymore

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2003-09-27

PM

Martin Gantefoehr - 18 October 2017 06:12 AM

Hi usman, it’s me, Martin. I wrote Overclocked.

I assure you that the game is definitely NOT based on said novel. I’ve never heard of it before.

It’s funny, though, I remember that when we published the game, someone sent me the novel Shutter Island by David Lehane, with a sparse handwritten note saying that I’d surely find it “interesting”. I hadn’t heard of that book either (and the movie starring DiCaprio didn’t exist).

So, yeah. These things can happen, I guess. Smile

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the clarification however I am very much surprised to see the similiarities in both this book and he game.

I offer you to if translated from some sources do read first 50 pages of this book and see the coincidence Smile

Anyway I appreciate Overclocked game itself it is wonderful and is part of my personal best collection since its release.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top