• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

INFRA

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Thanks for reminding, they took their time
Will get it later

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Gabe - 29 September 2017 05:56 AM

Now complete edition is out,anyone finished already?

I started the whole thing from the beginning (after completing part 1 a long time ago, around the time I created this thread) and should now be pretty far into what was part 2 before they merged the parts together into the complete edition. Played for hours yesterday and absolutely love it! The puzzle element improves a bit as the game goes on. The only thing I don’t completely like is the fact that it’s easy to miss stuff, not only those achivement related things but important story related things. And often it’s not possible to backtrack once you’ve progressed to a new area or chapter and it’s not always clear what move from the player’s side will trigger this. I would think this is by choice of the developers though.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Strangely intriguing, this engineer simulator. Smile

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Oscar - 17 October 2017 09:04 AM

Strangely intriguing, this engineer simulator. Smile

I bought this back when part 1 was released for $7.49. I was instantly hooked! Never would have thought wondering through abandoned towns and infrastructure while fixing or breaking things along the way would be so enjoyable and satisfying Smile The story definitely keeps you intrigued all the way to the end.

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Sir Beardalot - 17 October 2017 10:09 PM

The story definitely keeps you intrigued all the way to the end.

I’m sorry to say it didn’t for me. I liked it at the start and was still enjoying it quite a few hours in… but then it just kept going, and going, and going. With very little plot development and repetitive environments. About 10 hours in I was utterly fed up, and apparently it’s a 15+ hours game.

There’s something to be said for brevity and INFRA’s developers could have shown some restraint.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Oscar - 24 October 2017 12:03 AM
Sir Beardalot - 17 October 2017 10:09 PM

The story definitely keeps you intrigued all the way to the end.

I’m sorry to say it didn’t for me. I liked it at the start and was still enjoying it quite a few hours in… but then it just kept going, and going, and going. With very little plot development and repetitive environments. About 10 hours in I was utterly fed up, and apparently it’s a 15+ hours game.

There’s something to be said for brevity and INFRA’s developers could have shown some restraint.

Well, I played it in 3 separate parts(episodic-ish) over the course of a year and 8 months. So there was always the nice cliffhanger between each part to keep it exciting which had me looking forward to the next. Not sure if I would have enjoyed it as much had I waited and played the complete edition.

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

That’s a good point. I might have thought differently if played it in 3 parts.

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Just started playing this and find the keyboard controls to be a bit awkward, but doable. I was wondering, however, if anyone here has played this using a gamepad controller? Personally, I’ve NEVER used a controller other than a mouse/keyboard, for any game! I know….LAME! But I bought one several months ago thinking I “might need one someday”. If it’s possible to use one for this game, how would you go about mapping the controller? The “CONTROLS” menu makes it look to me like the game only supports keyboard inputs.

Suggestions? Step-by step instructions for a gamepad noob?

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

Mike the Wino - 25 November 2017 05:13 PM

Just started playing this and find the keyboard controls to be a bit awkward, but doable. I was wondering, however, if anyone here has played this using a gamepad controller? Personally, I’ve NEVER used a controller other than a mouse/keyboard, for any game! I know….LAME! But I bought one several months ago thinking I “might need one someday”. If it’s possible to use one for this game, how would you go about mapping the controller? The “CONTROLS” menu makes it look to me like the game only supports keyboard inputs.

Suggestions? Step-by step instructions for a gamepad noob?

You will usually not need to map a controller. I got one about a year ago and have never needed to do anything besides plug it in and set up drivers. Once that is done, as long as the controller is active and turned on, the game will recognise it and you will be able to use it in the game.

I am sure INFRA will be no different. It has full controller support on Steam so should be fully compatible.

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Cool. Thanks!

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

I played INFRA with a pretty generic PC controller so can confirm that it works. Keyboard/mouse controls are a bit awkward imo, but may be configurable. Used the mouse together with the controller a couple of times, in the (rare) cases where you have to be quick to input numbers on a keypad etc.

Finished the complete game a couple of weeks ago. Really miss it. Will definitely play it again pretty soon. It has a unique feel to it.

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2013-09-05

PM

Mike the Wino - 25 November 2017 05:13 PM

Personally, I’ve NEVER used a controller other than a mouse/keyboard, for any game! I know….LAME!

Actually, I don’t find that lame at all! I use K/M for all sorts of games, from action to platformers, to Lara Croft. I won’t buy a controller for just one game…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top