• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #44: Paradigm

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The Game’s time settings:

If you are an 70’s-80’s person, with a great hype for VHS, disco music, glam metal, and vinyl records then this game is differently for you.

The game is set at a post apocalyptic within the 80s, huh?, yeah as if the 80’s are the future or supposedly it happens at parallel world/universe.

The Story:

DUPA gentatic sells you your predetermined child, your child could be a scientist, a bodybuilder, a wizard or even a cat.
those Prodigy children DUPA sells to the rich and powerful people, but sumthing had went wrong during Paradigm’s growing process. and he was left horribly mutated… and To save their reputation, DUPA dumped the hideous infant in a nearby post Neo-Soviet abandoned town, forcing him to fend for himself.

But Paradigm, becomes talented nevertheless; a musician whose primary motivation is to produce his new EP.

Art & Gameplay & characters:

You’re introduced to the game’s surrealist and rather quirky offbeat sense of humour; mainly The gameplay, I found the dialogues to be hilarious, even if it might not appeal be for everyone.

But one of the greatest thing at this game that i never seen before; are the NPCs which really thought out and through, every one has a back backstory a life to tell about even a purpose, and as weird n creepy/mutant as they look (as we might figure that Paradigm is the cutest mutant of the punch)

Puzzles:

are exactly old-school point-and-click of 90s adventure games.
but like it or not the game is full of fourth wall breaking.

Soundtrack:

Music in Paradigm is often used to provide a level of ambiance to the environments, but there are moments from time to time at the game you will listen some great music that will blow your mind.

At last the game is not long, its only about 7-8 hours, which i think did its job good for being intense without momentary that are filled in for the sake of making the game feel long(er).

Paradigm is sold at Gog and Steam, has no glitches or reportably ‘hickups’

so here we are, i m gonna set a date the start for Sunday the 15th of October .

everyone is free to join.

P.S:beside the game is being funny and lol, you will have some of those over me since this my first time to lead a playthrough, Izsogood, Wilco help me out here of the possible embarrassments.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i think i should ask each and everyone is up and ready..
1.installed it
2. and the starting timw would be ok?
to confirm

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I’m set up and ready to go. Also mods, please pin this.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I downloaded the game and am ready to go.  The Sunday start is fine with me.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ready to go

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Paradigm has the famous kinda of ‘behind locked door’ intro/puzzle, so your first task is to leave the room you start at, its a very simple task, made only so you ‘d get used to the game’s mechanics which are no trouble, since as said its faithful to the 90s point and click adventures era .

with three modes to start, with three difficulties .

i didnt go thru the medium and easy modes, so i dont know how are they supposed to make things easier, but they do beside add hotspot-reveler, and other features i have no recollections of, what are they for or what can they do?.

but the best thing is can you get to change between them; include or dis-include those sub-features anytime at the game .. the way if you remember Chains of Satinav and Memoria, aye! the difficulty modes/features changes from a bit to another or vice versa, anytime, anywhere thru the adventure. not like MI difficulty modes that once you ve chosen there are no way around them, not at all, its like i mentioned and here am i again; same as Daedalics CoS or Memoria .
so no need to worry what would you have had chosen.

when we start on Sunday, start to share your progress until we all left particularly the 1st room, then when we will set dates after this for each task of the upcoming ones start-end period of time.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve installed the game & for the time being have chosen the hardest setting. I’ve played through the very short tutorial so all ready for the Sunday start!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I love your passion for this game, Advie! Didn’t really notice it has the 80s vibe until now, cool! I hope everyone will forget the fiery voting process and join this one (I also propose we don’t vote in the next process, but play Freddy Pharkas and Atlantis 2 straight away).

I will join, but whether I’ll finish it… Tongue Wink

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Installed and ready to go! Smile

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

diego - 13 October 2017 09:25 AM

I hope everyone will forget the fiery voting process and join this one (I also propose we don’t vote in the next process, but play Freddy Pharkas and Atlantis 2 straight away).

The “fiery” voting process didn’t turn “fiery” until the very end when a “tie-breaking” joke went horribly bad. It is not the first time this has happened. The current game leader has participated in such shenanigans several times in the past. This was something else.

I would also suggest that your proposal that we play the number two and three vote getting games is also out of line. When the current game is over, we start a new voting process as we have always done. The proposal assumes I would be willing to lead the game. Which, given the current circumstance, I’m not sure I am.

So, play the game. Enjoy! Things will happen when you’re done.

I’ll be checking in occasionally. But I have some RL things to attend to. Mostly my guitars. Don’t think I will be participating for the foreseeable future..

Have at it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

so who delt with john3000 and got himself outta Paradigm room, so far..
we all oughta be outside by tomorrow smelling fresh air rather than the sock aroma of Paradigm room.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

For various reasons I won’t be able to join right from the start, but in about a week or so I should be ready.

Don’t wait for me though, just start the playthrough and I will join in and catch up as soon as I’m ready.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

That iz no good, but you can progress easily at the game so join we you can

unless there are other pll who needs time than izno then we seriously might need o consider postponing the start time?
anyone is not ready for tomorrow’s ?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I booted up the game and left the first room. This part was also in the demo. Don’t forget to do the dog tutorial.
Nice record collection Baby, I love you, but I’m T-Rex Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ok assuming we are all outside Paradigm house, the task now is to get a map and play until all the locations on the map are shown.

its an easy task really should, wouldn’t take more than 30 mins of playing but as we are just starting i thought to take it very slow at the beginning (warming up) .

so we have this task’s deadline until Thursday, four days are enough, whoever is finish with it, give us a buzz.

lets start.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

so what happens when ppl voted dont participate , i am new to this, si should i play it alone then

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top