• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 20 October 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

The Journeyman Project series has been on my ever-growing list of games to play for a long time (games #2 and #3 are in the Top-100, after all). Pegasus Prime, which as I understand was a Mac-only re-remake of the first one, is now playable in ScummVM, so I guess that’s where I should start.

(The present screenshot is from the first remake, The Journeyman Project: Turbo, because I couldn’t find screenshots from Pegasus Prime.)

Any thoughts on this game and its two remakes? (Or on the series as a whole?)

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

I loved the series. Especially the second game. The first suffered from technical drawbacks, in that it was PAINFULLY slow running (at least my version was, on my computer) and had what I thought was a regrettably small window for the actual images of your environment. I REALLY, REALLY wanted to play Pegasus Prime, because it seemed like it was an improvement in those regards (at LEAST- plus it had better graphics) but I didn’t have a Mac. I still enjoyed the first game, though, despite its shortcomings.

I liked the third game, too. I’d have to replay again them to nail down why my recollection is that I liked the second game better. It’s been a while.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I played the beginning of Pegasus Prime on my old iMac but had to uninstall it when we added a new computer and reformatted mine for my sister to use.  I was just starting to get into the story but hadn’t done any time travel yet, so I can’t report much.  I do look forward to starting it again.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I remember playing a demo of JP1, must have been around the time it was released back in ‘94. It was magical. You could only wander around your apartment but there were all kinds of futuristic toys as well as a kind of virtual-reality chair with many channels of music, games and places to travel to. I spent a lot of time just playing around with that chair. It was a really advanced game at the time. I later bought the full game and loved it.

I started JP2 but never finished it due to other obligations. It’s on my to-play list.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Love JP2 and JP3. Have never played the first one. I hope GOG can bring it to us sometime in the future, but I hear there are some major compatibility issues with modern systems.

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

I liked JP2 & 3 so much that a couple years ago I bought a used Mac from Ebay just to play Pegasus Prime. Then sold the Mac after I was done.

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

GreyFuss - 20 October 2012 02:35 PM

I liked JP2 & 3 so much that a couple years ago I bought a used Mac from Ebay just to play Pegasus Prime. Then sold the Mac after I was done.

So what did you think? Was it comparable to 2 & 3? I’ve only ever played the “Turbo” version, which, while enjoyable, didn’t really measure up to the experience of the latter two games.

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Since I didn’t play the original Journeyman Project or the Turbo remake I don’t have anything to compare Pegasus Prime to. I will say that I really liked Pegasus Prime but I am partial to that type of game, First person, solo exploration, SciFi. Only thing I didn’t like was playing it on a Mac which I had to learn before giving the game a try. I am sure that Macs are very nice systems but I was glad to be back to Windows once I finished the game. I wish I could replay the game now but I don’t want to go through all that again.

@ Kurufinwe
Here is the developers site with screenshots of Pegasus Prime http://thejourneymanproject.com/presto/journeymanprime/gallery.html

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

I was wondering what you thought of it in comparison to 2&3, actually.

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Pegasus Prime had a different “Feel” to it compared to 3’s 2 and 3. If I was to list them in order of how I liked them it would be in reverse. 1. Legacy of Time 2. Buried in Time and 3. Pegasus Prime but that doesn’t mean its not a good game…quite the opposite. If you liked either 2 or 3 and you have the means I would recommend trying Pegasus. All this talk sure makes me want to replay Pegasus for sure.

There is also a Trailer and the Mac Demo here http://thejourneymanproject.com/presto/journeymanprime/demos.html

And here is the You Tube Video of the history of The Journeyman Project plus several other videos like the Making of Buried in Time and Legacy of Time http://www.youtube.com/TheJourneymanProject?v=80aopM144Xw&lr=1

Or how about taking a peek at the Pegasus video walkthrough to get the actual feel of the game

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I don’t know about Pegasus Prime, but Journeyman Project: Turbo had a very similar feel to Journeyman Project 2 for me. That Pegasus Prime playthrough looks very similar in appearance to Journeyman Project: Turbo, only smoother with better interface. If you liked 2, I’m sure you’ll like 1 too.

What I would love is a Journeyman Project 2 remake, or update. The original would look awful on today’s resolutions and I probably wouldn’t even be able to run it. At least it would allow me to finish the series.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top