• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Suda51’s The Silver Case

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 23 April 2017 05:24 PM

PS4 patch out fixes new chapters issue

Whiteout and Yami are around 20 to 30 mins, shame for being so short
But it shows that Duo can still write in same fashion after all these years
and ending further ties in directly to FSR losspass islandCatherine

New tracks also retain same good essence
Awesome new track

And Akira Yamaoka’s remix versions are good too

Ward 25 cannot come sooner
And Suda showed interest to continue Silvercase saga, i hope he does…

I’m confused on why hasn’t NISA Europe still shipped my copy… Terrible online store
I want to see this…

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 23 April 2017 05:35 PM

Awesome new track

I’m confused on why hasn’t NISA Europe still shipped my copy… Terrible online store
I want to see this…

If you gonna double dip, do it with Akira’s OST
Also there are some minor other graphical changes

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 24 April 2017 01:05 AM
wilco - 23 April 2017 05:35 PM

Awesome new track

I want to see this…

If you gonna double dip, do it with Akira’s OST
Also there are some minor other graphical changes

Yeah, the reason I double dipped was the limited edition but still no news of shipping Meh

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Suda teasing Ward25 for Bitsummit

Hell Yeah!
Lets celebrate with this awesome track i was listening since a decade for localization

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Its here , 25th ward is happening Smile

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

I finally started playing this game. I was kind of hoping there would be more adventure game gameplay and less visual novel stuff, but I’m still enjoying it.

I just finished Spectrum, but I don’t think it was related to the main plot? That’s like the other Suda games I’ve played though (K7 and KiD) where there are a series of cases but they’re not all related to the main story. Also it seems like they all have a main character who might have issues with his identity/past.

I played the first Report, I thought Tokio’s apartment look pretty cozy, but I see nomadsoul says it takes away from the main story if you play them as they come, so I’ll hold off on them. I also see people saying Parade is pretty crazy, I guess I’ll go play that now.

So what games are relevant to Killer7? I think nomadsoul mentioned it in some thread, but I forget… Is it just Silver Case and FSR? I know Travis’ ghost is in K7, but I don’t think NMH is more related than that, right?

For some reason I love menu aesthetic. It makes me think of a radio playing in another room.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

desiderio59 - 24 September 2017 12:51 PM

So what games are relevant to Killer7? I think nomadsoul mentioned it in some thread, but I forget… Is it just Silver Case and FSR? I know Travis’ ghost is in K7, but I don’t think NMH is more related than that, right?

There are characters returning in some shape or form for meta and direct reference
Will digup post and discussion of similarities later
Its gonna get insane till end Smile
Its 2nd inline, the returning lead character from Moonlight/Twlight syndrome is the guy whose head was in ladys hand in the first act of silercase

who is also this guy pointing gun

http://38.media.tumblr.com/918c054d993795f54830f8797a9f2bb1/tumblr_nabxcaDByD1qfni9go4_r1_400.gif

FSR connection will understandable after you finish the game

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

nomadsoul - 25 September 2017 12:07 AM

There are characters returning in some shape or form for meta and direct reference
Will digup post and discussion of similarities later
Its gonna get insane till end Smile
Its 2nd inline, the returning lead character from Moonlight/Twlight syndrome is the guy whose head was in ladys hand in the first act of silercase

who is also this guy pointing gun

http://38.media.tumblr.com/918c054d993795f54830f8797a9f2bb1/tumblr_nabxcaDByD1qfni9go4_r1_400.gif

FSR connection will understandable after you finish the game

Well I haven’t continued past Parade, so I won’t look at your spoilers. But what the hell happened in Parade? Was I supposed to piece together what happened, or does it get explained in a Report?

Also, why are the modes called Transmission and Placebo? Does it get explained, or is that just Suda being Suda?

Anyway, with Parade: I figured Sumio’s fairy tale story would tie into the case, but I don’t totally get what happened. Someone killed a daughter of some of the factory managers, and I guess what happened is that three boys killed the killer in turn. Also, it was hard to tell, but it seemed like someone involved with the company is descended from a legendary criminal who was killed at the factory site, do I have that right? So maybe building the factory is kind of an act of revenge? Not sure who killed the girl though, you’d think a fanatical protestor would have done it, but we didn’t get much info on them, I don’t think.

And then there is a flashback to Sumio when he is first partnered with Tetsu (do I have the names right?). I’m not sure what the significance of that was, but I suspect maybe Sumio was one of the three boys, and that’s why he brought up the fairy tale?

Anyway, no idea who the killer with the sewn up mouth is, or if he died or not. I want to say he was one of the boys, but who knows.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

desiderio59 - 26 September 2017 08:59 PM

I’m not sure what the significance of that was, but I suspect maybe Sumio was one of the three boys, and that’s why he brought up the fairy tale?[/spoiler]

Anyway, no idea who the killer with the sewn up mouth is, or if he died or not. I want to say he was one of the boys, but who knows.

The three kids you have to find it yourself but yeah they want to finish Yukimura or watever the syndicate was called
Sumio is one of them can you guess his disability mentioned already but you have to sort it out? He is reading lips

Sewn guy is man with mask

FSR spoiler Sumio is same Sumio of FSR so is Tokio of SCase in FSR

parade is protest which started chain of events

Transmitter is main transmission , placebo tends to give you narrative filler which might fill the void of main transmission like placebo drugs might help the patient where they aren’t meant to

Make sure plot is disjointed and you have to piece events together which is why Tokio placebo will help later, reason for playing it later, it drops revelations earlier

It will fill much loopholes, tokio is the man

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am about 70% complete on this game, and itis just great. Fun game with a great cast and story.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2018-01-10

PM

I just read the review and it sounds terrible

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

You are correct, based on that review I would not get that game. One of the worst ratings I’ve seen a game get. Good thing I bought the game before I read that. The game does have many positive reviews.on other sites. The game is a port of an old PS1 game only released in Japan.

I would read several other reviews before I made a final decision myself.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Already bought it (but not yet played it) and that review wouldn’t have discouraged me to do so. I would guess the reviewer would have similar thoughts about Flower, Sun & Rain, one of my favorite games ever.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just checked the review of Flower, Sun and Rain - that game didn’t get any love either. And I really liked that game too - I actually played it several times.

I am keeping The Silver Case -I enjoyed it enough to play it again actually.

Heart

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Mikekelly - 19 January 2018 02:05 PM

I am keeping The Silver Case -I enjoyed it enough to play it again actually.

Heart

Suda was well known writer , he not inspired Danganronpa Devs(which included minigame similar to his old game from Syndrome series)
But Kojima also made an excellent RadioDrama with him, music by Akira
You will love it, just few eps, wish it was proper visual novel, still he knows how to keep the viewer interested

When Mikami got him to work on killer7 it was to give him major spotlight

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top