• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Theme of the Week #18 - Just Kid-ding Around

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Phlebas - 19 September 2017 12:04 PM

Just to make a really cheerful addition:

Too late!  Smile

Depending where you draw the line, at least some of the sisters in The Path are children.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5834

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

A nice theme Lady Kestrel   Thumbs Up ... but I didn’t think so a few hours ago when I ended up getting on a bus at school tip-out time!  Smile
Yes, it’s surprising how many games feature children & here are just a few that sprung to mind - apart from Little Kite where you do play as Andrew the others are NPCs but from what I can remember they are all very helpful!  Smile

Total Posts: 5045

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

The waif in Syberia 2

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 19 September 2017 05:54 AM

I bet you remembered Miette from my playabe female charaters quiz.  Cool

Of course. Do the unofficial playthrough of The City of Lost Children! Do it now!! Or you’re not the true Karlok!

DarkEye - 19 September 2017 08:19 AM
diego - 19 September 2017 05:43 AM

Yeah, so I forgot about Sadwick.

I’m not blaming you for that, diego. Especially not now after EuroBasket final... Yum  Tongue

You got lucky! Crazy It was a great match!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Cool theme LadyK! Here’s one that comes to mind.

Niko from Oneshot

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

One more in the shape of Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter.

I actually reasonably enjoyed the game despite its many shortcomings, but the thing that really annoyed me was the “daughter”. Holmes completely ignores her, forgets her birthday, doesn’t realise she is coming home from school - essentially is pretty much the worst parent in the history of parents (short of physical abuse) and then we are supposed to believe how much he loves her as his own? Grrrrr Angry

I think that’s one of the problems with having children in games. If they are children of the protagonist then from a gameplay perspective they can’t “get in the way” like real children do, but then the protagonist looks completely heartless.

Also - and I’m surprised Karlok hasn’t remembered this(!)

Josh from Blackstone Chronicles AND That child downstairs (whose name I can’t remember) *shiver

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Great theme, I didn’t think there would be so many kids in non-children-oriented games!

Let’s not forget Wiggins, Sherlock Holme’s most trusted help and head of the Baker Street Irregulars. He’s present in almost all SH games and you get to control him a few times.

Here in Case of the Rose Tattoo (non-playable, but plot-central)

Here in The Devil’s Daughter, during a stealth sequence.

Speak of the Devil’s Daughter, the eponymous character herself is a notable candidate to the theme, albeit a strangely rendered one.

edit: oops, I hadn’t seen Intense Degree’s post

There’s also this annoying little girl in Demetrios...

...and the unnamed little girl in Detective Grimoire.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 19 September 2017 04:52 PM

Do the unofficial playthrough of The City of Lost Children! Do it now!! Or you’re not the true Karlok!

True Karlok… the true Karlok… yes, no… I don’t know who I am. Oh God, my head hurts, are the alien orbs taking over again, am I a proxy now? Please, doctor Alexander, not the drill again, please don’t!

Intense Degree - 20 September 2017 03:13 AM

Also - and I’m surprised Karlok hasn’t remembered this(!)

Josh from Blackstone Chronicles AND That child downstairs (whose name I can’t remember) *shiver

Alien orb not know why it should remember. Host Karlok not know either.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 2070

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Technically Woodruff is a little kid stuck in a grown-up man’s body, same as Tom Hanks in Big.
And not so technically -  Devotress (Changeling), one of the three protagonists from Pathologic.

PC means personal computer

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top