• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dramatic adventure Little Kite

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2017-09-08

PM

Little Kite is a point-and-click story driven adventure.

The game highlights the problems of an unsuccessful family, in which one person shows their hands, and another tries to correct mistakes of the past.
The main characters are Mary and her son Andrew. After the death of her husband, Mary married for a second time, to Oliver, in an attempt to create a full-fledged family for her son. But everyday, problems consume the new husband and he finds his solace in alcohol. Soon, they find domestic violence becomes commonplace.

Mary’s patience and inaction, so habitual and convenient for everyone but little Andrew, brings the life of their family to an extreme point - a point where she needs to make a bold decision.

Avaliable on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/610120/Little_Kite/

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

is that a remake for the original game you guys made at ‘12 ‘The Kite’ or is it a sequel?

Joined 2017-09-08

PM

It is the full remake. New story, puzzles and characters.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

good luck, i enjoyed the original free game plus that i love drama, as in stories, dont get me wrong, lol

the new art is a bit bright and cartoony than the original, i dont know, but there must be changes at the story i see the kid now is a playable character.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 15 September 2017 12:52 PM

........the new art is a bit bright and cartoony than the original, i dont know, but there must be changes at the story i see the kid now is a playable character.

Don’t be put off by that Advie! I played the game yesterday & trust me, it’s still basically the same bleak tale very well told as in the original which I played afterwards. There are changes but for the better (imo), the story’s longer & it incorporates more stand-alone as well as inventory based puzzles - some easy & others a little more clever & challenging. Despite the lack of voice-acting, which actually I didn’t think the game needed, the subject of domestic violence is successfully portrayed to the point of being harrowing with the playable kid giving a little insight as to how he is affected.

Out of those “5000 games this year” being released on Steam this one is interesting & well worth looking at! Thumbs Up     

There’s just one thing I want to ask Anate re reference for one of the puzzles which I ended up going to You Tube to get the solution for & still can’t make sense of it. On floor 6 how do you know what numbers to input to open the cupboard? – is it a number sequence puzzle, which I’m useless at!, or are there references I missed apart from 5fl416 written in the vicinity? 

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

chrissie - 16 September 2017 08:35 AM
Advie - 15 September 2017 12:52 PM

........the new art is a bit bright and cartoony than the original, i dont know, but there must be changes at the story i see the kid now is a playable character.

Don’t be put off by that Advie! I played the game yesterday & trust me, it’s still basically the same bleak tale very well told as in the original which I played afterwards.[/spoiler] 

wow, you ve been busy chrissie, can you believe it, i cant find any time for adventuring, but thats okay, there will come a time soon when i have a long backlog and it will be so much fun.

Joined 2017-09-08

PM

There’s just one thing I want to ask Anate re reference for one of the puzzles which I ended up going to You Tube to get the solution for & still can’t make sense of it. On floor 6 how do you know what numbers to input to open the cupboard? – is it a number sequence puzzle, which I’m useless at!, or are there references I missed apart from 5fl416 written in the vicinity? 

The numbers you can spot on the walls on 1,2,3 and 6 floors. 
There is no “5fl41” it’s “SFL 641”. Maybe I have to make this numbers more clearly readed

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Anate - 18 September 2017 12:06 PM

The numbers you can spot on the walls on 1,2,3 and 6 floors. 
There is no “5fl41” it’s “SFL 641”. Maybe I have to make this numbers more clearly readed

Thanks for your reply Anate! Actually my 416 was a typo (sorry!) & actually was 614 but not 641. I found another reference on Floor 3 - 425 but couldn’t find anything on floors 1 & 2 - where do I look please?  Smile

Joined 2017-09-08

PM

On the first floor look near doors.
On the second floor look on the left side of the scene

Joined 2017-09-08

PM

Can someone advise me more sites about adventures like this? Or maybe youtubes os streamers?

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Anate - 19 September 2017 02:29 AM

On the first floor look near doors.
On the second floor look on the left side of the scene

Thank you for that Anate - I’m happy now although I did have to squint to see the numbers!  Laughing

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I see Little Kite is currently available for a bargain price in a bundle from IndieGala:
https://www.indiegala.com/hump

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top