• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I choose untimed “Adventure” mode, though going by what’s stated in reviews, there doesn’t seem to be much difference between timed and untimed modes beyond the timer. In “Race Against Time” you may lose access to places where you need to go to collect necessary evidence, and have to go back to a previous save, but the game is essentially the same.

These 3 reviews all had info on “Adventure” vs “Race Against Time” modes:

Adventuregamers review

Gameboomers review

JustAdventure review

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

Hey guys. Do you ever stream when you do a playthrough?

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

FireFlower - 07 August 2017 03:10 PM

Hey guys. Do you ever stream when you do a playthrough?

No - at least we haven’t tried that yet, but it might be an idea for a future playthrough.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

Yeah, could be cool.

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

SoccerDude28 - 03 August 2017 04:36 PM

- Sinking Island (8):Iznogood(leader), chrissie, dumbeur, rtrooney, SoccerDude28, crabapple, wilco, FireFlower.

- Beyond Atlantis(Atlantis 2) (7):Lady Kestrel(leader), crabapple, Kurufinwe?, wilco, cyfoyjvx, diego, BitingWit.

I vote for Beyond Atlantis(Atlantis 2)

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Sinking Island won that round, Luhr28, and that playthrough is winding down now.  Another round of voting will begin soon with nominations.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

What about starting another round of votes? I can count them

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks wilco for offering.  Thumbs Up
I’d really like to be lured into playing an older game with others - I’ve already bought Freddy Pharkas (from GOG) so I’ll suggest that to start with!  Smile

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

My suggestion is Beyond Atlantis (Atlantis 2),
which was the runner up in the last vote.

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 26 September 2017 02:07 PM

Thanks wilco for offering.  Thumbs Up
I’d really like to be lured into playing an older game with others - I’ve already bought Freddy Pharkas (from GOG) so I’ll suggest that to start with!  Smile

Do you know which version of FPFP is on GOG? I would prefer to play the original floppy version. The CD version is missing quite a bit of dialog.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

rtrooney - 26 September 2017 03:27 PM

Do you know which version of FPFP is on GOG? I would prefer to play the original floppy version. The CD version is missing quite a bit of dialog.

GOG seems to have both.
Someone in GOG forums said

I have to thank Sierra and GOG for offering both the floppy and the abridged cd-rom in this collection set.

https://www.gog.com/forum/freddy_pharkas_frontier_pharmacist/add_in_the_original_freddy_pharkas_demo_as_a_bonus

So if you buy GOG’s version, you’ll have access to either one.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

crabapple - 26 September 2017 04:27 PM
rtrooney - 26 September 2017 03:27 PM

GOG seems to have both.
Someone in GOG forums said

I have to thank Sierra and GOG for offering both the floppy and the abridged cd-rom in this collection set.

https://www.gog.com/forum/freddy_pharkas_frontier_pharmacist/add_in_the_original_freddy_pharkas_demo_as_a_bonus

So if you buy GOG’s version, you’ll have access to either one.

It’s true, when you start the game you choose which version to play like most Sierra games on gog

So getting the voting round started

Voting will end 10th October 22:00

Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist - chrissie, wilco
Atlantis 2 - crabapple, wilco
Zork Nemesis - wilco
Sam and Max Season 3 - wilco

I’ve added a couple more games if anyone is interested

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Add my name to FPFP. Two suggestions: One, when older games are nominated, the nomination should include where the game can be purchased. (I know chrissie did this for FPFP, but it should be SOP for all games.) Two, I think we should agree in advance that we will all play the same version of a game if the game has two available versions. (I’m pretty sure that everyone who played Sinking Island in the CPT played the un-timed version.)

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

+1 for Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist

Also would like to nominate Paradigm if anyone is interested.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

I would like to nominate Lost Eden and Tony Tough and the Night of the Roasted Moths.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top