• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Shakes & Fidgets – New KING Art fantasy adventure (now on Kickstarter)

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Lots of people will be interested in this, I for sure am

https://www.facebook.com/ShakesAndFidgetAdventure/

There aren’t enough funny video games out there. That’s a fact! There are tons of comedy shows and movies on TV and on the silver screen… but on PCs and consoles? Nope. We want to change this!

Shakes & Fidget – The Adventure is all about silly fun. We are not “Citizen Kane”, we are “The Naked Gun meets Spaceballs”.

We teamed up with Playa Games and Marvin Clifford to bring the classic point & click adventure to PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Total Posts: 82

Joined 2016-09-11

PM

Meh We need more Wilbur in Unwritten Tales 3 instead.

There actually is already a Shakes and Fidget free RPG so I imagine this ties into that.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Supplementman - 14 September 2017 03:56 AM

There actually is already a Shakes and Fidget free RPG so I imagine this ties into that.

BoUT2 got very little fanfare (I liked it) so I didn’t expect something like this, especially with the Black Mirror announcement. Can’t wait! Grin

Joined 2016-09-11

PM

BitingWit - 14 September 2017 04:29 AM
Supplementman - 14 September 2017 03:56 AM

BoUT2 got very little fanfare (I liked it) so I didn’t expect something like this, especially with the Black Mirror announcement. Can’t wait! Grin

I think BOUT2 might be favourite ever adventure actually, absolutely love the characters, especially Wilbur.

Didn’t BOUT2 sell well then? That’s pretty sad if it’s the case. They could fund it through kickstarter but I suppose it boils down to profits?

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Yeah didnt feel like bout2 sold fantastically. Its mind boggling that the kickstarter only raised 100kish if i remember right. Granted they were already working on it and that funding was just for a piece of it… but still.. its such a great production and epic game and seems like it got a lukewarm reception.
But im glad theres a new game. I will play it.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

I don’t know how well it sold, it just seems it wasn’t talked about much. I mean, it feels like people got excited until it came out, then it got mostly good reviews and then no one really talked about it anymore. It’s even overlooked when people say things like there are no lengthy traditional adventure games with good production values anymore.

This new game is meant to be over 20 hours according to KINGArt, which is a good thing.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Well according to steam spy it has about 90k owners. Compare that to the first game with near 250k owners, and i think its at least safe to say 2 was not a homerun. It absolutely deserved to be.

Joined 2016-09-11

PM

zane - 14 September 2017 08:28 AM

Well according to steam spy it has about 90k owners. Compare that to the first game with near 250k owners, and i think its at least safe to say 2 was not a homerun. It absolutely deserved to be.

That’s a shame, I can only hope that BOUT2 continues to sell due to it’s reputation, although after 2 years will it? I don’t know. I suppose there were 6 years between the first and second games release so we have some hope.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

This looks delightfully silly! The graphics are slightly on the cartoony side for my liking (remind me of Deponia) but this is King Art we are talking about so it will be better quality than the standard Daedalic fare.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 135

Joined 2015-10-03

PM

zane - 14 September 2017 08:28 AM

the first game was only released for pc/mac while the second game was also released on playstation, xbox, android, ios, and wii, so those numbers on steamspy for bout 2 are not representative.
I don’t know if “2”  sold more copies then “1” but i doubt that the difference between the two is more then 150k especially since both games recieved positive reviews

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2015-10-23

PM

Yes I am very excited about this game it already looks good- apparently another kickstarter.  Also it looks like there might be a possiblity of unwritten tales 3. On kingart games facebook page they responded with a hopeful.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

eddyc - 15 September 2017 05:00 PM

the first game was only released for pc/mac while the second game was also released on playstation, xbox, android, ios, and wii, so those numbers on steamspy for bout 2 are not representative.
I don’t know if “2”  sold more copies then “1” but i doubt that the difference between the two is more then 150k especially since both games recieved positive reviews

i have a hard time believing that anyone would prefer to play a traditional p&c on console if they had ready access to both Tongue
So yes the number isnt perfect.. but i doubt a ton of ppl who played the first on pc jumped to console. And its not just the controls.. ports like that almost always have performance issues. And most assuredly it cost them a bunch making all those ports.

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

There is now a Kickstarter campaign for this project, with a goal of €250,000.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Sadly enough fart jokes aren’t a way to win me over.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

tomimt - 11 October 2017 11:31 AM

Sadly enough fart jokes aren’t a way to win me over.

But fart is always better than Armageddon

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Call me a graphic whore, but I don’t look the look of it at all.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top