• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

The demo was really good. Excellent atmosphere. Looking forward to this game. Like some others, I had some graphical slowdown in some parts, and I think the walking/running speed can be made faster.

One question: Is the trap disabling unsolvable? I tried reloading and doing a couple of commbinations, but didnt try everything

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2009-06-05

PM

I had some animation glitches and stuff, which was somewhat jarring at times. Otherwise, the game looks really great visually. I’m not particularly fond of the voice overs, but they surely aren’t terrible. I’m a bit more cautious about the game after playing the demo, but I will certainly support it in the end.

Total Posts: 121

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

Siddhi: thank you! also… It is possible to disarm the trap, yes. I supose you could stumble across the correct solution, but there’s also a way to make sure Erica does it correctly.

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Siddhi - 17 October 2012 11:20 AM

The demo was really good. Excellent atmosphere. Looking forward to this game. Like some others, I had some graphical slowdown in some parts, and I think the walking/running speed can be made faster.

One question: Is the trap disabling unsolvable? I tried reloading and doing a couple of commbinations, but didnt try everything

If you fail at disarming the trap, does her brother die instantaly then? I solved it but I’m guessing the outcome is the same, he he

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

No, if you fail at disarming it, he dies after your fight with Cain. If you solve it, it doesn’t go off at all (but he does still die from wounds he’s already taken).

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

KatieHal - 17 October 2012 09:45 AM

My guess would be that’s an issue of your computer perhaps not meeting the minimum requirements. What graphics setting did you run the demo on? (Fastest, Simple, Good, etc)

Fastest.  It would take a while between screens to load but otherwise ran smoothly besides the freeze point.  If I have the same issue with the core game, I might see if someone will toss me a save game to get past it and see what happens from there.  Gonna try reinstalling the demo in a bit as well.  What are the minimum requirements?

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

Minimum system reqs are here:

http://www.postudios.com/blog/forum/index.php?topic=12446.msg343336

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-10-17

PM

Fastest.  It would take a while between screens to load but otherwise ran smoothly besides the freeze point.  If I have the same issue with the core game, I might see if someone will toss me a save game to get past it and see what happens from there.  Gonna try reinstalling the demo in a bit as well.  What are the minimum requirements?

I’m also curious if you were able to see the logos when the game first started up.

Weldon L Hathaway
Technical Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

wilco64256 - 17 October 2012 06:36 PM

I’m also curious if you were able to see the logos when the game first started up.

That’s a negative on the logos or I’m guessing the cinematic prior to the gameplay actually beginning.  My system is below the minimum requirements on the video card and RAM.  Reinstalling didn’t help unfortunately.  It just seems like the freeze point is kind of odd when the gameplay itself was running smoothly to that point.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-10-17

PM

Yeah that sounds like a direct impact of not meeting the requirements for the game to run properly. It may help if you get the most current video drivers from your video card manufacturer’s website, but I can’t guarantee that it will. Erica doesn’t actually *need* to use the shovel behind the tomb for the game to progress, but you’ll be running into another video before long anyway.

Weldon L Hathaway
Technical Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2012-04-06

PM

Demo runs great on my system. Could not detect any bugs either. Looks like a very promising game. This was the first project I backed on Kickstarter and will be the first of many great adventure games the next 12 months. What a wonderful song by Robert Holmes at the end of the demo. It elevates the game even more. Great work Phoenix! Thumbs Up

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

wilco64256 - 17 October 2012 08:19 PM

Yeah that sounds like a direct impact of not meeting the requirements for the game to run properly. It may help if you get the most current video drivers from your video card manufacturer’s website, but I can’t guarantee that it will. Erica doesn’t actually *need* to use the shovel behind the tomb for the game to progress, but you’ll be running into another video before long anyway.

I did update my drivers beforehand to no avail, but your tip there actually got me past the freeze point and through the rest of the demo ok.  Thanks.  The style and atmosphere of the demo is really good as others said and it looks very promising.

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2010-10-14

PM

To me it also freeze at the same point, HitBattousai.
The game runs perfectly until that point… And my computer meets the minimun requirements.

I like the demo very much Smile

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Adventurequests - 19 October 2012 11:18 AM

To me it also freeze at the same point, HitBattousai.
The game runs perfectly until that point… And my computer meets the minimun requirements.

I like the demo very much Smile

Well, the tip wilco gave about Erica not “needing” to use the shovel got me through the rest of the demo.  If you need more, you talk to your partner and get him to follow you, then have him use the shovel instead and if your issue is exactly the same that should get you through the rest of the demo.  The negative is that you won’t be able to see the ending cinematic, though you can use a video player and access it in one of the game folders if you wish.

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2007-02-25

PM

Quite enjoyed the demo for this game. Anyone know what size each episode will be in gbs or mbs? Download speed on my computer sucks, so the smaller the file size the better. Meh Also will there be a retail version later?

Currently Playing: Chicory: A Colorful Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top