• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielKeybordzLady KestrelTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Code 7: Episodes (Text Parser Adventure)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

have anyone tried this?, i took a look at its gameplay at the tube and i was sooo intrigued.
A text parser game with voices acting?, wow! that is new , or was it done before?, plus the parser is so improved than anything i had seen/tried before as it fill in the words and verbs you type upon prediction.

i am too busy plus i have a back long log to fulfill, but i thought this games definitely needed a thread to let players get aware of how nice it is (of course i haven’t played as i said but what i had seen is like so intriguing 15-20 mins of it)
kinda reminded me of The Experiment

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It may be an excellent game, it does have a lot of text, you can type (the first letter or word of the available options), and some people might even call it the “new generation of interactive fiction” but it is NOT a parser-based text adventure. (Meaning you don’t have the freedom to type stuff like: Get device, ask Alice about device, use device on Alice.) It’s more like one of those hyperlink text adventures with options to choose from.

PS: There are also parser-based text adventures with sounds, voices, music, and graphics. Like the excellent game Stories Untold.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I haven’t had a chance to try Code 7 yet, but it definitely looks as though it might be my kind of thing. The first chapter is free if you want to give it a try:
code7-game.com/

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I played the demo last night. I would never call it a text adventure. Like I said, no parser. (The developers call it a “text-based game” and I’d agree with that.) Gameplay is mostly a matter of selecting options and typing the first letters of prefab words and codes. I have no idea if my choices had any impact on the events. The few puzzles in the demo consist of what I would call variations of Pacman. Keyboard input only, but it’s a *graphical* Pacman.

Not sure if I want to buy the 5 episodes. It’s not really my type of game, but it’s certainly not bad. The voiceacting is competent. The story is intriguing, I like the concept of hacking computers and working together with different crew members. On the other hand, the whole setting and some events are a bit silly. IMO. 

One major con for me is the constant flickering and flashing of the portraits or the entire screen. Clearly intentional, for atmospheric reasons I suppose. After 30 minutes my eyes got very tired and I had to stop. I read today that there’s also a “vision-impaired” version of the demo. Hopefully that would resolve this problem.

EDIT: Nope. Should have realised that demo is for the visually impaired. (Female voice reading out loud the various options for people who can’t read the options.) But apparently you can switch off some of the flickering with Ctrl-F.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top