• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarb

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

can’t use the back arrow button

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

This has been going on for months and I was just wondering if you are aware that your site doesn’t let you use the back arrow?  rather annoying for me.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I don’t think it is a problem with the site, as it is now working without any problems for me.

But I had the same problem recently, not just here but everywhere, and it happened after an update of Firefox. Uninstalling a couple of add-ons that wasn’t compatible with their new add-on structure fixed the problem.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Yes, it is the site. The ads are regularly refreshing the page, for some reason, so that when you go back once you end up on the same page. You have to go back several times to actually go back to the previous page (right click on the back button in firefox, long click in safari, etc.).

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

it isn’t too much of a problem for me as I just scroll up but I was not sure if you knew about this problem.  I know other people had said the same thing that the back arrow didn’t work so I thought maybe you could look at what you have set up? Not sure, but, just letting you know. again, though, really no problem for me.

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

mbday630 - 10 September 2017 08:46 PM

it isn’t too much of a problem for me as I just scroll up but I was not sure if you knew about this problem.  I know other people had said the same thing that the back arrow didn’t work so I thought maybe you could look at what you have set up? Not sure, but, just letting you know. again, though, really no problem for me.

Hmm, interesting. The ads indeed refresh every 10 minutes or so, but that’s within the context of the window they are in and shouldn’t influence the rest of the website. In Chrome I don’t have that behavior, I’d actually list it as a bug in the browser if that’s the case. The website didn’t change URL/website, which is the appropriate context for the back button.

Annoying to hear that’s happening, however, let me see if there is anything I could change behavioral on this (I don’t expect I’ll be able to tbh..)

If we offer an ad-free version of the website, would folks be interested in that? We’re thinking of offering that as part of a Patreon, if people are interested. Just gauging some interest here. I don’t like ads as much as the next person, but they do pay the bills (well, almost…). Ideally we’d like to move away from them one day.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top