• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Theme of the Week 16 - To Save or not to Save…

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 06 September 2017 12:42 PM

Manual + Automatic + Quick save button is the best system.
Automatic checkpoint system is annoying in games like the ones from Telltale that doesn’t allow you to skip dialogue, so if you have to quit before an automatic save you have to go through the same conversations.

Not having the ability to save can be good if the game has action elements, so not really in adventure games. I remember playing RE3 without having memory card… Stressful times when Nemesis was around!
That said I would never play/finish SQ4 without the ability to save in each step!

The worst thing with quick save (not relevant to adventure games), is when you accidentally hit the quick save button instead the quick load button right before dying. Usually the 2 buttons are right next to each other, and I remember hitting quick save one time in Half Life 2 while I was falling to my death. Had to replay the whole game Pan

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

SoccerDude28 - 06 September 2017 01:35 PM

The worst thing with quick save (not relevant to adventure games), is when you accidentally hit the quick save button instead the quick load button right before dying. Usually the 2 buttons are right next to each other, and I remember hitting quick save one time in Half Life 2 while I was falling to my death. Had to replay the whole game Pan

Ah yes, this has happened to me several times in non adventure games, very frustrating indeed!!! If there was a key remap option I would put those 2 keys as far away from each other as possible lol!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2017-08-08

PM

I must be able to leave the game when ever I want for what ever reason I may have, so you should be able to save at my discretion.

Beneath the Waves - Mystery Adventure Game

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top