• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG YouTube channel issues

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

And now, because when it rains it pours, we’re having some problems with our YouTube channel. (Completely unrelated to any technical forum issues.) :shut:

Hopefully it’ll be back soon, so this is just an FYI that we know about it and Ivo’s on the case!

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-09-09

PM

Is there still a chance the Youtube channel can come back or do you think its gone for good?

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

I think it’s gone for good. Tried to contact Youtube at multiple occasions, they keep sending standard responses and denying the re-instating of the account. No clear reasons given Frown

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

it happened to me and I got it back, of course, i lost all followers and subscribers but the views and the likes were there.

i sent a harsh email to ‘Send feedback’.. i didn’t know how/where else i should contact them, i told them they ‘took my life time work’, and ‘how the f**k this could happen’... etc (that was exactly how i felt) i didn’t expect it to return but it did without any answer or reply, just gave it back.

there a person like you and me behind those emails and those upset harsh letters like these take their attention (i guess)

this happened to many people the last July, as ‘youtube’ was taking out lots channels with no one behind (inactive) and it seems too many channels were smoked out at that fire.

PS: it must be sent from the main email that was connected to channel, i think it’s Jack’s if i remember correctly, as i happen to upload myself too many vids to the channel, and it hurts to see it gone.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Which ‘send feedback’ link do you use? I’ve used the official channels to get a youtube channel reinstated, they’ve denied it 3 times there.. Haven’t been able to find any other links to use.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

here,
but i think it must be sent from the channel owner email,
i sent to my ‘amgadshebl’ channel, which is connected to my email, .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address), see?

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

What do you mean by you lost your Youtube channel? Like did the channel just disappear overnight? Or you got some copyright strikes and it was shut down?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

SoccerDude28 - 09 September 2017 01:36 PM

What do you mean by you lost your Youtube channel? Like did the channel just disappear overnight? Or you got some copyright strikes and it was shut down?

they shut you down, accuse of violation, and no explanation!. like that!!

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Advie - 09 September 2017 03:19 PM
SoccerDude28 - 09 September 2017 01:36 PM

they shut you down, accuse of violation, and no explanation!. like that!!

Youtube are really touchy about copyright material. I’ve uploaded some gameplay videos before that have like 30 seconds of some obscure artist’s soundtrack music and they were flagged for copyright. Sometimes they flag you even if the dev is ok with it, and you have to appeal it with them. It’s all automated by their algorithm, and you are under its mercy. From experience, it is better at finding music matches than video ones. It got so annoying to the point that I just didn’t want to deal with it anymore. They have a 3 strike rule were if someone flags you for copyright, they give you a strike and revoke a lot of your channel features, like monetization. 3 strikes and you’re gone.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

They gave us no (known) strikes or warnings, no half-measures. Just killed the whole channel abruptly with a completely generic message about policy. What policy? We don’t know. What trailers caused the violation(s)? We don’t know. Why was there no warning or chance to rectify the problem? We don’t know. Even our appeals were met with canned responses that offered no explanations.

The only time we’ve ever been asked to remove a trailer (because it was outdated) was directly from a developer, and we did. Everything else we’ve ever posted (except for a few non-controversial interviews) were videos designed specifically to help promote their respective games, so how there could possibly be any fault in sharing them, I still can’t even begin to fathom.

I don’t mind abiding by strict draconian measures. But it’s pretty hard to follow the rules when you don’t even know what the rules are.

Honestly, I can’t remember the last time I saw such amateurish behaviour from what is supposed to be a professionally-run organization.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Jackal - 10 September 2017 12:49 PM

They gave us no (known) strikes or warnings, no half-measures. Just killed the whole channel abruptly with a completely generic message about policy. What policy? We don’t know. What trailers caused the violation(s)? We don’t know. Why was there no warning or chance to rectify the problem? We don’t know. Even our appeals were met with canned responses that offered no explanations.

Seriously? I am really sorry about that and it really sucks. Usually they give you a warning for any copyright breach (according to their documentation), and you get an email from them, so I am surprised they just decided that the channel is inappropriate and closed it with no warning beforehand. Youtube can be a royal PITA. Recently, they implemented this feature in their algorithm that autoflags content it deems inappropriate as “not suitable for advertisers” which basically means that you will not make any money on it. The reason for it was that there was an exodus of advertisers from Youtube, because sometimes their ads showed up on controversial videos. But the problem is that the whole process is automated. In my Hearthstone channel, I got 2 flags for the 2 newest videos I uploaded, and they were all gameplay from a family friendly card game(no swearing, no guns, no violence, nothing). I had to ask for a manual review, and they removed the flags, but I missed out on the initial high revenue that videos make in the first 24 hours.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

SoccerDude28 - 11 September 2017 12:23 AM

Seriously? I am really sorry about that and it really sucks. Usually they give you a warning for any copyright breach (according to their documentation), and you get an email from them, so I am surprised they just decided that the channel is inappropriate and closed it with no warning beforehand. Youtube can be a royal PITA. Recently, they implemented this feature in their algorithm that autoflags content it deems inappropriate as “not suitable for advertisers” which basically means that you will not make any money on it. The reason for it was that there was an exodus of advertisers from Youtube, because sometimes their ads showed up on controversial videos. But the problem is that the whole process is automated. In my Hearthstone channel, I got 2 flags for the 2 newest videos I uploaded, and they were all gameplay from a family friendly card game(no swearing, no guns, no violence, nothing). I had to ask for a manual review, and they removed the flags, but I missed out on the initial high revenue that videos make in the first 24 hours.

I actually retried doing the appeal towards Youtube, again it was met with a standard response that gave no reasoning what so ever. They fail to even spend more then a minute to give _any_ additional context. As such, we’ve switched to Vimeo..

For the 4th time I’ve received the same amazingly helpful response:

—-
Hello,

Thank you for your account suspension appeal. We have decided to keep your account suspended based on our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service. Please visit http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines for more information.

Please do not respond to this email. Replies to this email will not be processed. Please refer to our Help Center for more information.

Sincerely,
The YouTube Team
—-

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

CaliMonk - 11 September 2017 01:37 PM
SoccerDude28 - 11 September 2017 12:23 AM

I actually retried doing the appeal towards Youtube, again it was met with a standard response that gave no reasoning what so ever. They fail to even spend more then a minute to give _any_ additional context. As such, we’ve switched to Vimeo..

For the 4th time I’ve received the same amazingly helpful response:

—-
Hello,

Thank you for your account suspension appeal. We have decided to keep your account suspended based on our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service. Please visit http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines for more information.

Please do not respond to this email. Replies to this email will not be processed. Please refer to our Help Center for more information.

Sincerely,
The YouTube Team
—-

They are using canned responses. They don’t take the time to type in a response, so they probably copy and paste some generic crap. It is amazing and revolting how a company with the money and size of Google cannot employ some better customer service. This is a problem I have seen in several of these “lean” new tech companies that want to take shortcuts. As an example, Amazon’s package delivery here in the US is atrocious, and I have seen some packages being left outside our building for any passer by to swipe them. They even want to use drones to deliver packages to save on human labor. That’s how they can offer free shipping with Amazon Prime, but at what cost?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

it seem there hasnt been luck with you guys, i might have been lucky because my channel all in all had less than 20 videos uploaded so they thought maybe its not a big deal, i dont know, what this has to do with anything but i cant find anything appropriate to say but as Jack said it “I can’t remember the last time I saw such amateurish behaviour from what is supposed to be a professionally-run organization.”

sorry for your loss AG Frown

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top