• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A bold prediction: FMV will make a “glorious” return!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

This is my theory: story-driven games will become so increasingly popular, that Hollywood will see a chance in this - they will realize it would be better to create an adventure game with actors, than a blockbuster movie. Next, we’ll have Christopher Nolan making Inception 2 “Choice and Consequence game” that you would play at home, instead of going to cinema. You’ll buy popcorns and invite your date to - a computer!! You’ll argue about the dialog choices, and if you would rather save Leonardo DiCaprio or Tom Hardy in a dramatic quick-time event… but by the time you reach the ending you’ll realize it didn’t really matter anything to the plot, so you’ll make piece and kiss for a long night.

Then, Peter Jackson will create “The Silmarillion interactive experience”, a comprehensive “walking simulator” through a Middle Earth and beyond. You will walk through a Middle-Earth in real time, as an aging Ian McKellen, and in order to win the game you’ll need to play it for exactly 11 years!

Then, the directors will start to drop more and more bits of interaction, until they realize they’re making regular movies once again, but by that time adventure games will be on top the world once again!!!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Man!. i want from what you are on. Sarcastic  Grin

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 23 August 2017 07:16 PM

Man!. i want from what you are on. Sarcastic  Grin

Same
Helluva drug Smile
Which one is it Diego Wink

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I can just imagine a board meeting from the ‘90s where some hot shot young executive tried to make the same pitch word-for-word to someone from SEGA or Interplay. “The future is in digital interactive movies, Johnson! We’ve got to strike while the iron is hot!”

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

There has already been a “mini-revival” of sorts in recent years. Dr Dekker, Late Shift, The Bunker, The Fan, Contradiction, Miazma and Her Story.

Other games with FMV elements were Tesla Effect and Obduction, and Poisoned Pawn and Telling Lies and the 13th Doll are all on the way soon.

So it’s really not a very “bold” prediction Tongue

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Netflix has already started experimenting with Choose Your own path-style programs. They’ve already released an episode of Puss in Boots, in where you are given 2 choices to proceed to the ending.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Oscar - 24 August 2017 01:17 AM

There has already been a “mini-revival” of sorts in recent years. Dr Dekker, Late Shift, The Bunker, The Fan, Contradiction, Miazma and Her Story.

Other games with FMV elements were Tesla Effect and Obduction, and Poisoned Pawn and Telling Lies and the 13th Doll are all on the way soon.

So it’s really not a very “bold” prediction Tongue

The Jackon and Nolan predictions were pretty bold tbf. Grin

And I’m also hoping you will share some of what you’re on, Diego!

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

dumbeur - 24 August 2017 08:00 AM

And I’m also hoping you will share some of what you’re on, Diego!

I hope my guess doesn’t sound stereotypical   Tongue

https://www.facebook.com/DidYouLaughToday1/videos/1155577234561093/

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

My Russian isn’t great but I think I got the crux of what he was saying. Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top