• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarb

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Observer

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

iv played for a while and it gets my stamp of approval. There is enough interaction and exploration to qualify this as a game. It oozes atmosphere and is visually very entertaining. Im assuming the game wont be as long as id like.. but right now im just enjoying the ride.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

zane - 19 August 2017 11:01 AM

iv played for a while and it gets my stamp of approval. There is enough interaction and exploration to qualify this as a game. It oozes atmosphere and is visually very entertaining. Im assuming the game wont be as long as id like.. but right now im just enjoying the ride.

Take your time to scan everything and read all logs/emails
Some good writing

girth matters

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

nomadsoul - 19 August 2017 10:49 AM
Advie - 19 August 2017 09:49 AM

but… inspiration is everything (imo)

A huge chunk of the modern sci-fi canon owes its existence to one thing: a psychedelic, avant-garde, and frequently X-rated mindfuck of a French comics anthology from the 70s and 80s called Metal Hurlant. Literally ‘Howling Metal’ in French, its influence has been cited by everyone from Ridley Scott to William Gibson and the director of Akira

Giroud’s fantastic and surreal future insprations become down to earth with Syd Mead’s industrial design approach which redefines futuristic vision as BR and the beyond.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve it for a bit until investigating the first area and liked what I saw (Rutger Hauer|) but I think they might have overboard with the effects when you activate the “investigation modes”, it adds to the nightmarish atmosphere but makes it kind of hard to play… Maybe I’ll get used to it.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 19 August 2017 01:56 PM

I’ve it for a bit until investigating the first area and liked what I saw (Rutger Hauer|) but I think they might have overboard with the effects when you activate the “investigation modes”, it adds to the nightmarish atmosphere but makes it kind of hard to play… Maybe I’ll get used to it.

Same later hacking scenes and worlds that go crazy visually and my issue with it too, one one hand very irritating on other hand when i think about it, first person view with these effects are showing the physical torture of hacking minds of others, its your brain going haywire , so it fits what they were trying to portray

Its neural investigation bro and its not pretty , the raw nature of it

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Gabe - 19 August 2017 12:21 PM
nomadsoul - 19 August 2017 10:49 AM
Advie - 19 August 2017 09:49 AM

but… inspiration is everything (imo)

A huge chunk of the modern sci-fi canon owes its existence to one thing: a psychedelic, avant-garde, and frequently X-rated mindfuck of a French comics anthology from the 70s and 80s called Metal Hurlant. Literally ‘Howling Metal’ in French, its influence has been cited by everyone from Ridley Scott to William Gibson and the director of Akira

Giroud’s fantastic and surreal future insprations become down to earth with Syd Mead’s industrial design approach which redefines futuristic vision as BR and the beyond.

What an experience!, i just finished it, and this was the closest thing* ever made to Blade Runner Movies and Offical 1997 game. Amazing!

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I see this game has action and stealth elements which I am not fond of but I really want to play it.

Are they a big part of the game?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

dumbeur - 06 June 2018 07:21 AM

I see this game has action and stealth elements which I am not fond of but I really want to play it.

Are they a big part of the game?

Stealth yeah, but they are very casual and has an adventuring solution to them, but one is wicked you will need a walkthrough or other way you will get too frustrated, and you will know it defiantly once you’ve reached it. the game is all about the goals applied to your character to achieve and it moves forward according to them.

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Cheers, Advie.  I’ll pick it up. Smile

It’s almost 60% off right now for those interested in it:
https://isthereanydeal.com/recommended/#/page:game/info?plain=observer

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Really enjoying this game about an hour in.

Does anyone know whether mouse/keyboard or controller is best?  I’ve started with the mouse/keyboard but have a sneaking suspicion that the controller is probably better.

While we’re on the subject, is Pillars of the Earth better with a controller too?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top