• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Well, booted up Atlantis2 in Win-7 and seemed to work (although I just walked around for 5min)

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Are you playing from the original disks, or from a GoG download. I have the original disks, but they won’t work on my Win7 machine.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

rtrooney - 21 July 2017 03:52 PM

Are you playing from the original disks, or from a GoG download. I have the original disks, but they won’t work on my Win7 machine.

Gog download

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Now I’m confused. I noticed I also have the game on Steam (probably from some bundle) and booted it up and it seems to work without having to mess with anything.
But seems to be a slighty different version, the start menu is entirely different and the interface is also different.
Are there 2 versions of the game?
The gog version shows the BigFisg games logo before starting, Steam version shows Koalabs

Edit: Looking at the Steam forums, there are indeed 2 versions, apparently the Steam version is a Android/mobile port stripped of a lot of puzzles and FMVs so avoid that, better to try to make the gog version work

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I liked the game. But I need confirmation that the game actually plays well before I can vote for it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Do you need to have played the first Atlantis for the sequel, or are they not related storywise?

Total Posts: 5588

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ve never played the other Atlantis games, SoccerDude.  There may be some overlapping elements, but this one stands alone as a complete game.

I have the Mac CD version, which I will have to play on my old computer.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Tried the game on my computer. It mostly runs OK, except that the videos are choppy as hell and are probably going to give me a migraine. Not sure I want to bother. Meh

wilco - 21 July 2017 04:44 PM

Edit: Looking at the Steam forums, there are indeed 2 versions, apparently the Steam version is a Android/mobile port stripped of a lot of puzzles and FMVs so avoid that, better to try to make the gog version work

I remember people being unhappy because the same thing happened to the Steam version of Dracula 3.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I played “Sinking Island” last year, it was pretty good. I got a physical copy at 1/2 price books for $4 dollars.

Was well worth 4 dollars.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Dealine for voting is: August 4th 10:00 AM Pacific Standard Time.

Current Tally Update 1:

- Sinking Island (7):chrissie, dumbeur, rtrooney, Headycakesofdoom, SoccerDude28, crabapple, wilco.

- Beyond Atlantis(Atlantis 2) (4):Lady Kestrel(leader), crabapple, Kurufinwe?, wilco.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I absolutely love Sinking Island, so you can also add my vote for it.

I must however warn that I haven’t completed an AG in over a year now, I have started a couple, but for some reason I quickly loose interest and never get very far Meh - so no guarantee that I will also finish it.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Iznogood - 25 July 2017 05:12 PM

I must however warn that I haven’t completed an AG in over a year now, I have started a couple, but for some reason I quickly loose interest and never get very far Meh - so no guarantee that I will also finish it.

We’re all devastated by that news, I’m sure.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Dealine for voting is: August 4th 10:00 AM Pacific Standard Time.

- Sinking Island (8):chrissie, dumbeur, rtrooney, Headycakesofdoom, SoccerDude28, crabapple, wilco, Iznogood.

- Beyond Atlantis(Atlantis 2) (4):Lady Kestrel(leader), crabapple, Kurufinwe?, wilco.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ve held off buying the game until the vote is official. But it seems as if it will either take a sudden surge of new voters or a new game that arrives out of the blue that captures everyone’s imagination to overcome the four vote lead in the next eight days.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

There’s so far no other nominations & no leader for Sinking Island at the mo.
Iznogood if you’ve played the game before you’re the ideal candidate! but if you don’t want to offer & no-one else does I’ll try as I’ve played along the 1st day in anticipation but quite a difficult game to lead I think but whatever!  Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top