• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Kyrandia, Quest for Magic, MUD, old school text adventures and such are back

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-07-23

PM

I saw a post here titled “I need help with Kyrandia,” but once logged in I can no longer seem to pull it up - however it seems I found a community of gamers’ that loves old school, original, gaming as much as I do.

I do not know if posting of other sites is allowed, so I will not do it until I know I can - however.. for people that love those games I am happy to say that we are bringing them back, in collaboration with their current license holder.

So while our community is not completely done yet, we are still building, converting and preparing the mechanism to bring all those classics (and new ones) back into the multiplayer lovers hands… it is being done.

If I am allowed to share the location of our community I will and perhaps the administrators of Adventure Gamers and I can work together to continue to make this gaming genre stay alive and grow.

Thanks!

C

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Chernabog - 23 July 2017 12:48 PM

I saw a post here titled “I need help with Kyrandia,” but once logged in I can no longer seem to pull it up

You mean this?
http://archive.adventuregamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Would love to know more about this. Sounds very interesting!

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

br305893 - 23 July 2017 01:47 PM

Would love to know more about this. Sounds very interesting!

Agreed.

I think it’s ok to link to other places as long as it’s not obvious spam but I’m no mod!

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Sure, so long as you’re contributing something to this community, you’re welcome to share a link to your project.

Although what adventure gamers and “multiplayer lovers” have to do with one another, I couldn’t possibly guess.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-07-23

PM

Hi everyone and thanks for all the responses - it is nice to find a community like this and I have to apologize as I do not think I fairly did my due diligence to completely understand exactly what the community was about. I got wide eyed when I saw the old titles and just went from there.  So apologies in advance for when I sound ignorant.

I am very interested in exploring how, perhaps, our community could maybe provide a mutual benefit to this one.  We are a newly formed indie gaming development studio - working to create a gaming community which spans the old school titles (that started all of this), our own titles and a desire to help promote other indie developers titles.

Nothing exciting happening on our end yet, getting everything converted over and properly sorted to serve the titled mentioned previously.

I will be more than happy to provide our URL once we are ‘open to the public’ with something to do than just wonder why it looks so quiet Crazy

I noticed some Administrator posts in this thread though.. if you have time perhaps we could speak more and see if there is any way our upcoming release can perhaps benefit your long running success here?

I appreciate everyone’s hospitality and look forward to talking with you all more and, hopefully, providing a URL shortly!

Thanks,

C

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2014-10-17

PM

Gasp! i love old school, original, gaming
from time to time i’m playing King Quest 5,6 and Kyrandia is amazing!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top