• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A NEAR DAWN: Dark comedy thriller adventure < Play the Prologue! >

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Being super productive putting together character expression variations and animations for the project.  Smile

Little sample here:

Just dreaming out loud: TWITTERA NEAR DAWNPUT A SOCK IN IT!GHOSTS ARE GOOD HOSTS

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

We are starting to put together the UI for this baby!  :)

Writing for the Prologue is 100% done, as is the character artwork and most of the BG artwork.

Just dreaming out loud: TWITTERA NEAR DAWNPUT A SOCK IN IT!GHOSTS ARE GOOD HOSTS

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Looks great. How do you know who’s talking?

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

There’s no voice acting, right? As long as the character talking is animated it shouldn’t be hard to tell. From a static screenshot it is not clear.

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

cyfoyjvx - 01 August 2017 08:30 AM

There’s no voice acting, right? As long as the character talking is animated it shouldn’t be hard to tell. From a static screenshot it is not clear.

Hi cyfoyjvx,

Actually, the game is fully voiced (it’s mentioned under Features) - at least the Prologue, we will have to see how the rest of the project goes. The plan is to release the Prologue and help gain some funding for the rest of it via KickStarter.

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Oscar - 01 August 2017 07:11 AM

Looks great. How do you know who’s talking?

Thanks Oscar!  :)
That’s just a mockup. The names will alternate for whoever is speaking, and there will be mouth animation as well (and voice acting, of course).

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

We will be showing off a 95% complete demo of A Near Dawn at the CNE Gaming Garage on August 25-27th. Come check us out if you find yourself in the Toronto area!  :)

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

It was all amazingness! I learned so much doing the CNE Gaming Garage convention and met so many cool, creative, and interesting people - and, of course had lots of people check out my games. Got some really nice feedback all around!  :)

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Yay! I finally finished the MENU (POSTER) ART for A Near Dawn!

More importantly, we want to release the Prologue (free-to-play opening to the first chapter) to our game as soon as we can!
SO…. ANNOUNCEMENT: We’d like to have the Prologue out by 11:00 AM MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 25TH!
And we hope to gear up a KickStarter Campaign shortly thereafter.

Please look forward to it and wish us luck!  :)

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

We are on Itch.io! Check us out - the PROLOGUE is coming out September 25th!

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

I added a little:

—sign up form on my website. Probably should have done all this sooner.  :)
Just one of the 10, 000 things I have to figure out for this project.

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Man I cannot wait for this, love the visual style and the humour of your games… bring on Sept 25th!

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 14 September 2017 01:21 AM

Man I cannot wait for this, love the visual style and the humour of your games… bring on Sept 25th!

Thanks so much Headycakesofdoom! I’m excited about finally releasing it!  :)

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

Awkward…

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

We’ve been steaming on ahead with the project, and we now have a snazzy Prefundia page to introduce our campaign on KickStarter:

Please have a look and let us know if we missed anything or if there is anything else you might be interested in!

Also, look - more artwork from our game!  :)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top