• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Free games

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I am giving away hundreds of my adventure games - some never even opened. I have many boxes of them. However, I am too lazy to package them and bring them to the post office so, if anyone can get to southeastern Wisconsin and wants them, they are free for the taking. I can meet you in a nearby town, or, if you would prefer, you can come to my house to pick them up.

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

Nobody lives close to me that wants these games? I did take 3 full boxes to half price books and they only gave me 11 dollars. Some of these games I see on ebay going for 45. I wish I wasn’t so lazy and would try to sell them there, but, I just need to simplify my life right now.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I don’t even live close, so I am not able to, but maybe it would help a list of the games you have, or the most important at least. Just an idea…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Since you’ve already established you want to give them away, have you thought about placing an ad on Craig’s List? There’s a couple sites that serve SE Wisconsin, and you’d probably have a much larger base to get your message to than the limited number of members here that live in your area. We’ve been de-cluttering our house while we get ready to sell/move, and been selling and giving away tons of stuff through Craig’s List, and it’s been pretty painless to do. Or maybe there’s a local charity of some kind you could donate them to, like Goodwill?

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I was thinking of a local charity, but, most people in my little town don’t play adventure games. Craig’s list is a good option. i think I will try that!  Thanks. too much clutter for me anymore and they have sat in the basement in tubs for 10 years.  ach.

Total Posts: 82

Joined 2016-09-11

PM

mbday630 - 17 July 2017 05:24 PM

I was thinking of a local charity, but, most people in my little town don’t play adventure games. Craig’s list is a good option. i think I will try that!  Thanks. too much clutter for me anymore and they have sat in the basement in tubs for 10 years.  ach.

You might do better selling them on Ebay and either keeping the proceeds or giving them to a local charity

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Supplementman - 18 July 2017 05:41 PM

You might do better selling them on Ebay and either keeping the proceeds or giving them to a local charity

Undoubtedly, but that would fail the initial goal of avoiding having to package them all up and take them to the post office (and add an extra hassle of putting them all on ebay).

Hmm. Though maybe the ebay option would make enough to pay someone to deal with all that. I don’t suppose there’s a neighbour’s kid who might like to earn some extra pocket money?

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I tried to give them to my children too thinking that if they wanted to go through the hassle that they could pocket the money but they are all too busy to deal with it. And I am just too lazy. So, I guess the local charity will get them.  Of course, some of them I will keep but if I haven’t played them in 10 years, I doubt I will get around to it.

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

If you did get the desire to ship them out I’d be more then willing to pay for shipping.
I’m always on the look out for adventure games, especially in big boxes.

And if you end up putting them on ebay make sure to drop the link.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

Hubby brought home 2 more boxes for me to fill up, so, when I get off my butt and get the bins from the basement and fill up the boxes, I will let you know. I will try to get a list of the games too to see if you even want to pay for the shipping. As I stated earlier, all are in the original boxes with all the fliers and advertisements and stuff in them - as far as I know.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I’m sure you’d get a lot more takers if you offered shipping—especially if you listed the game titles.
I live thousands of miles away and a trip to Wisconsin isn’t possible, which is probably the case for most of us. Of course if you listed the games and some of them were selling for upwards of $300 each on eBay, someone might be willing to make the drive/flight.

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I know I would get more money, but, that would be work for me. I know that the Monty Python Quest for the Holy Grail was worth some money and the lost treasures of Infocom were worth something, but, I just wanted to get rid of them and gave them to half price books. I am just too lazy to package things. I wouldn’t mind going to the post office for a whole box of games though. when I get some ambition, I will try and write some of the games down and see if anyone wants a box of them.

Total Posts: 288

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

mbday - another option you have is to use Ebay’s VIP service.  They basically do all the work for you in terms of creating the listing pages, dealing with receiving payment, shipping, etc.  You just take your items and drop them off at the closest ebay depot or whatever they call them.  Downside is if the closest ebay drop off point is not close to you at all.  Just a thought if you’d like to monetize the 5% of your collection that has collector value.

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

thanks for your suggestion, but that is too much work for me. Once I get these last games up from the basement and put in boxes, I might post them here again to see if someone wants to pay for shipping of the whole box, but, i am not going to do the individual game packaging. Or they will go to my local charity. I am getting so lazy in my old age.

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

This is in my first box. If someone wants to pay for shipping, I will send the box to you.

Games to give away
Nocturne
Death gate
Lands of lore III
Lands of lore guardians of destiny
Dream fall the longest journey
Riven the sequel to Myst
Journey to the Edge Koala Lumpur
Sim City 2000
The Ward
Lord of the Rings (fellowship of the ring)
The Magic Candle III
Guilty
Legend of Kyrandia series (3 games in one box)
Ultima underworld and underworld II in one box (never opened)
The forgotten
Deus Ex
Primortals (Leonard Nimoy’s)
Robin Hood the Legend of Sherwood
Bioscopia

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

Also, I have Man Hunter New York, and I see that it is going pretty good on ebay, if someone wants to make me an offer on that, I will package that up. It is in a box.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top