• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiediego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

2017 is looking good!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Ahenobarbus - 12 July 2017 11:38 AM

- The Pillars of the Earth Episode One—> August 15

well i am not happy with game description ‘Intervtive Novel’ plus this was the planned time to release State of Mind and they pushed this instead

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2017-03-20

PM

Shameless self-plug:

A Case of Distrust is releasing this year! (AG even wrote about it a couple of times!)

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The Inner World: The Last Wind Monk will be released on October 20. The German site adventure-treff.com has already posted a review. Score: 91%.  Cool 

After lots of text adventures and story-driven 1st-person games I’m dying to play a traditional 3rd-person cartoony one.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

The inner world was quite good, so im going to assume this sequel probably is too.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I loved the inner world, I must find time to play the sequel.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The game was released today and I’ve been playing for 2+ hours. AG already posted a review.  Thumbs Up I probably should reserve judgment, 2 hours isn’t very long (and I’m also seriously stuck), but I do agree with the review that the tone is a bit darker.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Karlok - 20 October 2017 06:07 PM

The game was released today and I’ve been playing for 2+ hours. AG already posted a review.  Thumbs Up I probably should reserve judgment, 2 hours isn’t very long (and I’m also seriously stuck), but I do agree with the review that the tone is a bit darker.

I’m also stuck. It involves a certain rodent.  Shifty Eyed Pan

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 66

Joined 2013-08-29

PM

Henke - 23 October 2017 05:27 PM

That was the one puzzle that sticks out as unfair, as the solution made no sense to me even after I’d finished it.

“Drinking rum before 10 a.m. makes you a pirate, not an alcoholic!”

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Ninjabynight - 24 October 2017 12:41 AM
Henke - 23 October 2017 05:27 PM

That was the one puzzle that sticks out as unfair, as the solution made no sense to me even after I’d finished it.

Totally agree. “Solved” it by pure luck.  Thumbs Up

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I can think of other puzzles in the Last Wind Monk which were unfair in the sense that you do something just because you can, without any idea what it will accomplish.  There’s always trial and error involved but at some point you should get the feeling you’re on the right track.

I absolutely hated one puzzle in particular, just before the end, which made no sense to me at all. The Conroy head puzzle. Superfluous filler IMO.

I enjoyed the game, lovely graphics, voices fine, music okay, some puzzles were great fun. But less humorous and storywise not as good as the first one.

PS: Pet peeve: Automatic save without the user-friendly option to save manually. I want to be able to go back to a puzzle or chapter, to take a pic or exhaust all conversations. Why, why, oh why have automatic saves become the norm?

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

With the end of the year approaching fast and nothing really exciting on the horizon (unless the Orwell sequel is released this year) I think I can confidently say my top 5 games were

The Sexy Brutale
XING: The Land Beyond
The Dream Machine (episode 6)
Paradigm
Stories Untold

Overall a very good year for AGs, though not quite as strong as 2016.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

I`m still waiting few games, especially Black Mirror, but there might be a chance that Life is Strange: Before the Storm gets its final chapter released before end of this year.

I have had too little time for gaming in the last few months, but I know what I`m doing with my Christmas holiday season Grin Some interesting 2017 adventures on my list are:

- Black Mirror
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm
- Thimbleweed Park
- The Dream Machine
- Bertram Fiddle
- The Journey Down
- What Remains of Edith Finch

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, well, well… 2017 was keeping a final surprise.

To the Moon 2!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Maybe not so final… not quite ready to give a release date yet but we’re still on course to deliver Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots in December 2017.  (Just depends on how much the testers manage to kill it!)

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Ahenobarbus - 19 November 2017 02:26 PM

I have had too little time for gaming in the last few months, but I know what I`m doing with my Christmas holiday season Grin Some interesting 2017 adventures on my list are:

- Black Mirror

How do you know Black Mirror will be interesting it might be terrible !  Naughty

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top