• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dalewalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Layton’s Mystery Journey

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Anyone missing Professor Layton?

New title will be released 20th July in iOS/Android worldwide and 3DS in the West later

Full title is LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNE: Katrielle and the Millionaires’ Conspiracy Trailer

Protagonist is Prof. Layton daughter.
Gameplay seems similar from the little snippets. I’m curios about it since it’s been some time since the last one but I’ll probably wait for the 3DS version

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 09 July 2017 03:32 PM

Not really, but I’ll probably end up playing the game anyway. The last one was really good.

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

Will definitely pick the (Japanese) 3DS version up later, but for now, the release is just too close to Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 (Ace Attorney) and Saburo Jinguji - Ghost of the Dusk (Jake Hunter) (both releasing in August).

What’s up with all these Japanese 3DS adventures releasing around the same time?!!!

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Layton on Android? Sounds good - I never got a 3DS so haven’t played any Layton or Ace Attorney in a while…

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 09 July 2017 05:01 PM
wilco - 09 July 2017 03:32 PM

Not really, but I’ll probably end up playing the game anyway. The last one was really good.

I didn’t finish the last one because I burned after playing the first 3DS one but seeing this trailer got me all nostalgic

Tantei KID - 10 July 2017 03:06 AM

Will definitely pick the (Japanese) 3DS version up later, but for now, the release is just too close to Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 (Ace Attorney) and Saburo Jinguji - Ghost of the Dusk (Jake Hunter) (both releasing in August).

What’s up with all these Japanese 3DS adventures releasing around the same time?!!!

3DS still going strong in 2017! Waiting for the announcement of The Great Attorney traslated…..... any day now….......

Phlebas - 10 July 2017 06:13 AM

Layton on Android? Sounds good - I never got a 3DS so haven’t played any Layton or Ace Attorney in a while…

You can pre-register for Android version - http://www.laytonseries.com/
Now sure how it will work on a phone, divided screen?

I don’t get it, it releases worldwide for iOS/Android so it’s clearly trasnlated, so why the delayed release on 3DS in the West since this version will also release in Japan now?

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Cool! I’m always up for a new Layton game, they manage to neatly blend a game mechanic based solely on independent puzzles in an enthralling story and a strangely immersive universe. Unfortunately I’ve had to let go of my 3DS a while ago, so I haven’t even played the last ones… thus, I’m thrilled it’s being released on Android Grin and I think I’m going to like this character.

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2017-03-20

PM

Loved Hotel Dusk and Phoenix Wright, but never picked up Layton for some reason. Seems like this is a good time—excited to hear there’s a new release. Thanks for the PSA!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Anyone got this? Playing this on Android phone and it plays pretty much like the typical Layton game. New characters are ok, think Layton’s daughter is charming and the talking dog has some funny quips so far.
The game plays better than I expected in the Android, just the memos are hard to use with my (fat) fingers but so far didn’t need them much. Funny thing the game clock still ticks when the app is suspended so I have played 100 hours according to the save file and solved 10 puzzles Smile

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

I just hope they actually release it for the 3DS, and don’t make it exclusive to the “New 3DS”. Much as I love Layton, I’m not buying a new device just to play it, as I don’t play enough other handheld games to justify it.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Mister Ed - 28 July 2017 08:59 AM

I just hope they actually release it for the 3DS, and don’t make it exclusive to the “New 3DS”. Much as I love Layton, I’m not buying a new device just to play it, as I don’t play enough other handheld games to justify it.

The 3DS version is already out in Japan and I don’t it’s exclusive to the “New” devices, even if the New 2DS just came out

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

wilco - 27 July 2017 12:28 PM

Anyone got this? Playing this on Android phone and it plays pretty much like the typical Layton game. New characters are ok, think Layton’s daughter is charming and the talking dog has some funny quips so far.
The game plays better than I expected in the Android, just the memos are hard to use with my (fat) fingers but so far didn’t need them much. Funny thing the game clock still ticks when the app is suspended so I have played 100 hours according to the save file and solved 10 puzzles Smile

I’m on the second case. The puzzles have been slightly weaker than the better ones in previous Layton games and the detective part hasn’t been as good as Mystery Room so far IMO. Still a fun game though so looking forward to the rest.

I agree that you really have to tap like a lunatic to get those coins, hidden puzzles and whatnot.  Tongue

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Henke - 01 August 2017 07:57 PM

I’m on the second case. The puzzles have been slightly weaker than the better ones in previous Layton games and the detective part hasn’t been as good as Mystery Room so far IMO. Still a fun game though so looking forward to the rest.

I agree that you really have to tap like a lunatic to get those coins, hidden puzzles and whatnot.  Tongue

I’m around 30 puzzles now, the puzzles seem easier than the previous Layton games and lots of trick questions kind of puzzles - the puzzle of the road with traffic   Angry
I like the case structure and doesn’t seem like there’s a big inbeliavable twist to it (like Underground London…), well, except for a talking dog…

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Is the game the same on mobile and DS? I always am weary about buying the mobile version because I fear it will miss some content or features.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 03 August 2017 04:19 PM

Is the game the same on mobile and DS? I always am weary about buying the mobile version because I fear it will miss some content or features.

Yes, it’s the same

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I saw tons of DLC, some as expensive as the game itself? Hate it when companies do that. Do we need the DLC for the “complete” version of the game?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 03 August 2017 05:56 PM

I saw tons of DLC, some as expensive as the game itself? Hate it when companies do that. Do we need the DLC for the “complete” version of the game?

The DLC are costumes for Katrielle, not necessary for the game. Each DLC comes with a puzzle I think. The game also has the free daily puzzles like the other games. The 3DS version might come with all the costumes already (not sure about that…) but it’s also more expensive.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top